Can You Help Destiny?

Here is her story.

Early on Friday 24th August I was walking my dog when I saw a little cat hunched up on the nature strip. She didn’t look well at all. So I put my dog on a short lead and slowly approached her, fully expecting her to run, she didn’t. But she did start making this horrendous howling noise, she was so loud and clearly in pain. A man arrived home and got out of his car, I asked him if he knew the cat which he didn’t. I asked him to hold my dog so I could check her more closely as I thought she’d been hurt. She had no blood or cuts anywhere but when I lifted her tummy up she couldn’t stand at all. It was 7.15am in the morning and I chose to knock on the doors just incase she was trying to get home. N

o one answered.

I didn’t know what to do, as I’d never been in this situation. I thought I’d see if she would let me pick her up, which surprisingly she did. But she was in so much pain, she cried so loudly it just about broke my heart. But I carried her for the 25 min trip home, ever so carefully to not hurt her any further. She was scared and in pain but she trusted me. How could I not try to help her? I felt honoured that she trusted me so much.

I was 5 mins from home when it all became too much for the little girl. She tried to scratch me, simply out of fear and pain. She was also making a lot of noise, at that point a wonderful little boy who lives near me came out to offer assistance. He immediately took her off me, and that calmed her down again. I then left her with the neighbours while I went home for a carrier. I put the carrier in front of her and she moved her front legs and dragged her hind legs into the carrier, she didn’t cry anymore and she calmed down a lot. When I got her home I called a vet to see if they could help her. They said they would treat her and try and find her owners. I called them back a few hours later to be told that she most likely has a broken pelvis due to being hit by a car, and no microchip. They had already called the ranger.

She was picked up by them that afternoon. I spoke to the pound later in the day and they informed me that she was going off to the shelter in North Melbourne. And thats where she's been treated for her pain and injuries, but this little cat has a broken pelvis and needs an expensive operation to survive and thrive.

If we can get this surgery done, the little distressed cat I found will have an indoor home with me. Forever safe from roads.

Please help me, to help the little cat I've named Destiny. Our paths crossed for a reason that day, and I know its just meant to be.

What we need is pledges of donations. She is being cared for by The Lost Dogs Home and they want me to contribute to the costs of getting her better.

If you can help, I will appreciate it greatly, as will little Miss Destiny.

post-22362-0-26206500-1346809194_thumb.jpg

I've started a group on FB, which you are all welcome to join. Even if you can't afford to contribute, the more people that know about her the better off she will be.

https://www.facebook...45861068798390/

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have joined your group and have invited most of my friends as well, you have already got some great pledges for Destiny :thumbsup:

I have also shared the link on my profile and on my rescue page too

I will pledge some next week when I get paid

Good on you Michelle for looking after Destiny, I am sure she will repay you with a lifetime of smooches when she is better :thumbsup:

Edited by Hollys mummy

OMG, OMG, OMG.. I'm just about speechless.

The shelter has called and she's getting her surgery ASAP. This was an almighty task, I took on the system to help a defenceless furry and I won!!! Don't worry I didn't do it on my own, I've had a tonne of support, most of it emotional as thats what I needed. But my unwillingness to give up got us over the line. I can't wait to meet the gorgeous girl again. I just hope she remembers me.

Guest Wildthing

She will remember you and will always be grateful. Bank account details please for my donation. I have been in Cat Rescue for nearly 18 years. I thank you on behalf of all the cats out there that do not find someone like you in their hour of need. Never be afraid to take on the system! I do it all the time and it does pay. Brenda ACT Cat Rescue and Rehoming

Thank you Brenda.. I know what got me over the line "pester power". I was on their case everyday, I don't think they dared cross me.. LOL If you knew me in real life, I'm a meek, mild-mannered little thing. But I can be mighty pushy when I want to be.

I will let you know how I go with the fund-raising Brenda. You may be able to keep your money for your own rescues. I'll let you know in the next few days.

I took on the system to help a defenceless furry and I won!!! Don't worry I didn't do it on my own, I've had a tonne of support, most of it emotional as thats what I needed. But my unwillingness to give up got us over the line.

You are truly Destiny's 'Mum'... and she'll know that.

Keep us up to date on the money needs.

The shelter has called and she's getting her surgery ASAP. This was an almighty task, I took on the system to help a defenceless furry and I won!!! Don't worry I didn't do it on my own, I've had a tonne of support, most of it emotional as thats what I needed. But my unwillingness to give up got us over the line. I can't wait to meet the gorgeous girl again. I just hope she remembers me.

Way to go Michelleva ! It's people like you with a very compassionate heart that restore my faith in the human race & make this world a much nicer place.

Destiny will never let you forget your act of kindness. She will repay you with years of love that no amount of money could buy.