Whats Your Limit On The Number Of Dogs

whitka

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have 3 of my own (solo) at the moment, but 4 is more my "magic" number - but I also foster pups for rescue, so the numbers can increase occasionally... *grin*

If I didn't have to work fulltime, and I had a bit more space (read acreage), I'd have way more than I currently do.

T.

I'd have more than 4 but realistically 4 is a good number for us (2 adults no kids) we can comfortably give them all they needs, great food, great vet care, grooming costs (good shampoos conditioners, clippers etc) spend enough time with each of them training etc. I think any more would be stretching it. I love having 4 it's a great number! :)

2 is my max solo but if i was in a relationship i'd consider more!

What's a relationship got to do with it? :confused: I'm single, have two greyhounds, would love a few more but I rent so can't have anymore as it's hard enough to rent with two dogs.

Guest donatella

2 is my max solo but if i was in a relationship i'd consider more!

What's a relationship got to do with it? :confused: I'm single, have two greyhounds, would love a few more but I rent so can't have anymore as it's hard enough to rent with two dogs.

Because you'd have the extra person to share the costs and work of any extra dogs. 2 is my max for myself as a singular, but if I were in a couple or married then I would happily entertain the idea of more dogs as it would be more practical between 2 people to have 2 or more dogs.

We have 4 but I do most of the 'work' although I don't consider it work, bathing, clipping, brushing, feeding, training and the list goes on. My OH just gives and gets doggy cuddles and earns the money. :laugh: I do work part time but it's mostly his wage that contributes to the dogs care. So it's a joint effort.

I have 3 and at the moment I think that's all I can realistically manage. If I was better off financially and had a bigger yard I would happily have 1 more (so 4) but I wouldn't do it until this lot are older (they're currently 3 yrs, 16 mths and nearly 10 mths). Possibly the next dog will be one of Quinny's babies in a few years :)