Dog Trailers

Red Fox

I'm considering buying a dog trailer. My requirements are; easy to tow, well insulated and ventilated (particularly for warmer weather), 2-3 large berths (needs to fit a Ridgeback and a Malinois comfortably), internal wire + solid external lockable doors. I'd also like internal lighting if I can get it.

I regularly travel long distance for training so the trailer must be able to contain the dogs comfortably for decent periods, particularly in the warmer weather as the car is too cramped and too hot. My thoughts are that a trailer would be safer and roomier than unattended crates and better ventilated than the car??

I'm looking for second hand. My budget is around $2500.

What else do I need to consider? What questions should I ask sellers? Is there anything that I be wary of? Any preferred brands to look at? And is it okay to buy one from interstate without seeing it myself first?

All advice appreciated.

Thankssmile.gif

Ask when it was last serviced .

Depends on the car when traveling ,i tend to travel mine in the car & the junk goes in the trailer which i can then use at the other end .

I think they have many benefits & the size your after you can easily set a Oz trail over the top & all shaded

Look at the ones for sale on DOL or contact Toledo direct there in SA .

Ask when it was last serviced .

Depends on the car when traveling ,i tend to travel mine in the car & the junk goes in the trailer which i can then use at the other end .

I think they have many benefits & the size your after you can easily set a Oz trail over the top & all shaded

Look at the ones for sale on DOL or contact Toledo direct there in SA .

Thanks. Do Toledo sell second hand trailers, or only new? As much as I'd prefer new it's way out of my price range at this point in time.

I would check them out, or get someone to do it for you, if possible, pictures can hide a lot.

Toledos have a good name and are often available 2nd hand, and seem have good lifespans. Our next one will be a Toledo.

Unless I can find one in SA it's unlikely that I'll be able to check it out myself. I may be able to find someone else to do it for me though.