Ahhh Peace At Last

Steve

Nawww! That's beautiful. It's amazing the instincts they are born with.

It is - they just amaze me more and more every day and of course everyone should have lambs

and puppies in their lounge room toorofl1.gif No wonder nothing gets done around here.Every time I look at them I cant help but smile.

Hubby wants to call the lamb Sunday Roast eek1.gif .

You mean everyone DOESEN'T have lambs and puppies in the lounge room? :eek: :laugh:

They are real time wasters aren't they. Glad the lamb has settled.

What milk replacer were you using? Must admit I have had good results with the Wiltipoll on Profelac with Protexin added.

I did name one BBQ.....

Edited by espinay2

Hey Steve how come you already know he's going to be boss sheep? Can't he be a wether and maybe produce wool?

It's very sad that the cutest lambies and kiddies have to grow up. They're such delightful creatures.

Nice pup!

No wool here. I've a Dorper stud. No shearing,crutching, mulesing or eating anything I breed.

That's some wonderful early training for that puppy...lucky those who get him for their stock. :)

I thought Dorper were a meat breed :confused: So what are the sheep for Steve? Milk? Cheese?

Hey Steve how come you already know he's going to be boss sheep? Can't he be a wether and maybe produce wool?

It's very sad that the cutest lambies and kiddies have to grow up. They're such delightful creatures.

Nice pup!

No wool here. I've a Dorper stud. No shearing,crutching, mulesing or eating anything I breed.

That's some wonderful early training for that puppy...lucky those who get him for their stock. :)

I thought Dorper were a meat breed :confused: So what are the sheep for Steve? Milk? Cheese?

Yep they are a meat breed but we have a stud so all of ours are sold for breeding - if any of them do get eaten or their kids or grandkids I dont have to think about it. We are going to have a go at cheese after Christmas when we are almost ready to open our tea room.

Nawww! That's beautiful. It's amazing the instincts they are born with.

It is - they just amaze me more and more every day and of course everyone should have lambs

and puppies in their lounge room toorofl1.gif No wonder nothing gets done around here.Every time I look at them I cant help but smile.

Hubby wants to call the lamb Sunday Roast eek1.gif .

You mean everyone DOESEN'T have lambs and puppies in the lounge room? :eek: :laugh:

They are real time wasters aren't they. Glad the lamb has settled.

What milk replacer were you using? Must admit I have had good results with the Wiltipoll on Profelac with Protexin added.

I did name one BBQ.....

I reckon Ive tried most brands including a calf milk replacer too but they thrive on ordinary old coles cows milk with a few drops of olive oil and pentavite better. As they get older - around two weeks I introduce a feed a day of the powdered stuff but they dont do as well if I try to give them more of the powdered. This one was a bit puny but its drinking like a champion with nice firm poos so Im sticking with it. They start eating grass and hay pretty quickly if you can keep em alive long enough.

ahhhh yes the memories!

i used to go up to the lambing paddock of a morning and find dear old casper curled around any lost lammie.. usually one of the boys who was having a boyish adventure and managed to think he was lost...

In a funny sort of way i miss having a lamb beside the bed for its frequent feedings.. LOL

H

ahhhh yes the memories!

i used to go up to the lambing paddock of a morning and find dear old casper curled around any lost lammie.. usually one of the boys who was having a boyish adventure and managed to think he was lost...

In a funny sort of way i miss having a lamb beside the bed for its frequent feedings.. LOL

H

Well I wont miss it - its only my job for another couple of days and then its school holidays and someone else can take over. :crossfingers:

We have dorper crosses and the mortality rate of hand reared new borns has diminished greatly with the profilac/protexin combo. Wombaroo Impact (colostrum) is a very handy thing to have too.

I am getting an asd pup soon so I will be overloading on ldg pup and other animal pics soon :laugh:

we had some calves named Freezer, Scotch fillet and Tbone.

that way was a constant reminder who wasnt stayping permanantly, the permanants had names like Helen Reddy, Staria, Tanya and so on although Brindle almost ex'ed herself, tried to hook me with a horn so i sort of swung the pliers and they hit her just behind the middle of her horns............geeeeeeeeeee......... she sort of shot all four feet to every point of the compass and hit the ground glassy eyed n tongue lolling :confused:

frantic call to hubby i learned thats how u 'pole axe' em :confused: yiks!

anyway she recovered even if not a happy cow for that day, bit too handy with the horns that non lady. loved the day they were removed.

she was a part ayshire and they were the long lovely lyre shape quite capable of some serious damage. she made the mistake of deciding to impale hubby and instead they went both sides of his body and into the shed. sooo her horns dissappeared that afternoon :thumbsup:

she was such a better behaved girl after that. great milker though

Nice pup!

Yep they are a meat breed but we have a stud so all of ours are sold for breeding - if any of them do get eaten or their kids or grandkids I dont have to think about it. We are going to have a go at cheese after Christmas when we are almost ready to open our tea room.

Yummmm. :) In the words of Wallace & Grommit I LOVE CHEEEESE!