The New Pet Rescue Site?

It looks great, but has anyone worked out if you can sort the list of your animals so you get the most recent ones up front, or only see your list of active animals? At the minute I can only see a list of everything rehomed and active, alphabetically, which is incredibly tedious to sort through if you want to update listings.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats all I can see too. We have 38 pages (over 700+ animals rehomed). Ive been searching for a while now and cant even found any of our active animals, just pages and pages of rehomed ones lol I got to page 19 and it crashed.

I have been emailing JB this morning as I couldnt even log in at first and then our petrescue feed on website wasnt working. Thats all fixed now. I got a quick response.

I am going to give it a few hours then try again as I can imagine they are inundated with problems.

I am logged a primary account holder, ive added 4/5 committee members on as well but they dont have the access I do...

Pet Rescue's Facebook page say a sort function for animals is coming in the next day or so. Big ticks for that!

At least it's not just me. I thought I was missing something important.

Thats all I can see too. We have 38 pages (over 700+ animals rehomed). Ive been searching for a while now and cant even found any of our active animals, just pages and pages of rehomed ones lol I got to page 19 and it crashed.

I have been emailing JB this morning as I couldnt even log in at first and then our petrescue feed on website wasnt working. Thats all fixed now. I got a quick response.

I am going to give it a few hours then try again as I can imagine they are inundated with problems.

I am logged a primary account holder, ive added 4/5 committee members on as well but they dont have the access I do...

Edited by Aphra

If you're running a feed from Pet Rescue into your site, you'll need to update the link, because each group has a new member number. But all you have to do is swap the new number for the old one, all the coding is the same.

All the animal ages have reverted to 12 months, and you'll need to fix them manually.

Great I just spent a bucket load of money on promo stuff using the petrescue site and member number as I don't have a Web page. @{:content:}amp;()/

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifThank you to Pet Rescue. This has been sorted for me.

Edited by Ams

Its a nightmare! One person has been made a primary account holder and it was not even their account to start with. No one has access but that one person at present and things are all over the place. :mad: I would like the old one back! :(

Me too PP...I cant figure it out at all :mad Cant even find anywhere to edit either.....dont like things changing,lol

Its like going in your local supermarket where you know where everything is and they go and change it all and takes twice as long to shop !!!lol

I don't like it either, BUT, with anything new we really have to be patient and get through the teething problems, it must be a nightmare for Vicki and the team.

What I don't feel is right is under the state headings the ACT now have at least 20 new rescue groups in the ACT according to Pet Rescue, triple the number of listings and they are groups interstate, when you click on the group and then one of their animals it says this dog is in Queensland etc, I think it is because of the sub headings which are listed as alphabetically ie the ACT is at the beginning, I am hoping that this will change when it is up and running once the teething problems have been fixed.

It will cause Canberra people to just log out if they are looking at dogs that they would like to meet and then finding they are in SA/NSW/Qld it will be a real time waster.

I don't like change all that much but I understand that things do have to change as technology advances and apparently the old site just could not cope with the volume that is now generated by an increase in the amount of groups since the Clause 16(d) was introduced.

Also all animals dogs and cats, all 39 of them are in my name :eek::eek: which is a real pain, I have enought to deal with just mine without dealing with cats (no offence to cat people) as well.

Maree

CPR

I had fun working it all out last night for my group. Being the IT-savvy person in the group isn't all fun... *grin*

Once we got past the initial confusion about logins, etc - they hadn't added the secondary login (mine), but that was easily fixed when I logged in as the master user for the group - just added the user for my own login.

Being able to add sub-accounts for other group members by yourself is a big step forward IMHO - much better than having to apply to PR to set up those logins.

You all may want to check the profile text for the active dogs transferred over from the old site - the formatting is all messed up... *sigh*

Overall - once you get past the initial confusion as to how things are now done - I think the PetRescue folk have done a great job with the new site.

T.

It still doesn't allow you to search for a particular type of dog. You can't search by breed or activity levels or personality (eg really out going or quiet). Is this because they want people to look at all the pets available? Its a huge amount of dogs to wade through if your looking. It can out people off. I'd like to see a more specific search function included later on to narrow down the type of dog your looking for. eg age, size, breed, personality, grooming requirement, lots of grooming or low maintenance coat. Maybe even match your life style to the dogs on the site by answering some questions.

You can search by size, gender and age under the advanced search settings.

All Pet Rescue does is bring together the animals available for adoption by lots and lots and lots of rescue groups all over Australia. They are the ones who provide the information, so it's probably not realistic to force every rescue to list that kind of information when there will be no consistency of application.

Pet Rescue have a deliberate policy of not making a breed-based search available because they believe people should be choosing a dog on the basis of its fitness for their lifestyle and not breed.

It still doesn't allow you to search for a particular type of dog. You can't search by breed or activity levels or personality (eg really out going or quiet). Is this because they want people to look at all the pets available? Its a huge amount of dogs to wade through if your looking. It can out people off. I'd like to see a more specific search function included later on to narrow down the type of dog your looking for. eg age, size, breed, personality, grooming requirement, lots of grooming or low maintenance coat. Maybe even match your life style to the dogs on the site by answering some questions.

apparently as I am not the administrator although it was my own account it was assigned to the president which is fine, I have no animals listed anymore lol. :confused: So I cannot update anything only add new ones. Also as we all have time away from time to time the listings will now become stale as only the administrator or the one who listed the animal can update its status. Will be great when our admin goes off on another three month trip lol. :( Or if someone is away for some reason and we used to back each other up!

I think I might just go an start a complete new account just for myself and at least I know it is able to be kept current :)

apparently as I am not the administrator although it was my own account it was assigned to the president which is fine, I have no animals listed anymore lol. :confused: So I cannot update anything only add new ones. Also as we all have time away from time to time the listings will now become stale as only the administrator or the one who listed the animal can update its status. Will be great when our admin goes off on another three month trip lol. :( Or if someone is away for some reason and we used to back each other up!

I think I might just go an start a complete new account just for myself and at least I know it is able to be kept current :)

Yes we are having similar problems. I have emailed JB and asked if that is the way it works. If it does then we will all just sign in through me (the main admistrator account).

I'm just really annoyed that the website was released and only half of it really worked. Who does that? And from a design point of view, so very bland.

I'm still waiting for them to fix it so the ages don't just show up as 1 year, instead of the 1 year 6 months, for example, that has been input. No matter what age you put, it rolls back to an even year. Ugh.

Yes we are having similar problems. I have emailed JB and asked if that is the way it works. If it does then we will all just sign in through me (the main admistrator account).

That wuld be fine if the new main admin will share that. I allowed all access when I was admin and we used the same log in. So much easier.I cannot at all do anything at all. All my listings are not accessible all my past listings nothing at all. All I can really do is add new ones. Just frustrating.

That wuld be fine if the new main admin will share that. I allowed all access when I was admin and we used the same log in. So much easier.I cannot at all do anything at all. All my listings are not accessible all my past listings nothing at all. All I can really do is add new ones. Just frustrating.

I can't find where to change the details once you log in, any help would be good....

Maree

CPR