The New Pet Rescue Site?

Hi Shel,

Even though in the editing page, a dog is marked as 1 year 8 months (for example), on the actual profile when viewing it just shows 1 year.

Is that going to change? There's a big difference between, say, a 12 month old and a 23 month old.

Edited by Plan B

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Jill,

Thanks for this!

I wonder if your internet browser is showing text as yellow - it is supposed to be green. Can you tell me which browser you are using?

Re: Sorting

In the members area, managing your lisings, you should see on the right hand menu you should be able sort by 'active', 'rehomed', 'on hold' or 'removed'.

Also, there is an arrow at the top of each column that will allow you to sort according to name or date.

Let me know if this helps?

:)shel

You will shortly be able to bump, remove, rehome, place on hold and reactivate listings from the pet's profile (similar to the previous site) as well as from the manage listings area.

Could I ask if anyone has any more questions, that you post them in the Help section in the PetRescue members area. (login to PetRescue and find 'Help' on the main menu of the members area) We want to answer everything promptly but it is difficult for us to monitor all the forums. Also by posting them in the Help section, we are building up the FAQ section, helping other members who may have the same questions.

If you have a specific tech issue, please email [email protected] to have this resolved quickly

Cheers

Vix

Like anything new sites have their teething problems and most of us have worked through a lot of issues now and had quick feedback.

The aging for years and months has my been my biggest problem still too but I sent that info directly on to the petrescue people and the how to bump without having to go into each individual listing to work out if I can bump it. Once these are sorted it will be good.

Also not many options for mixed breed dogs (which of course most of mine are - muttly). Only option I could find was "cross breed" or "tan" and then the word "mix" to add on the end.

Thumbs up for the ability to add more photos - that's great - although they are generally now quite small unless you individually open them.

My best constructive criticism unless I've missed it is a feature to sort animals rehomed by rehomed date as they used to be (all I can see is to sort by listed date and alphabetical order) - for recent dogs on trial that may need to be reactivated that could have been in care for months it is a pain to sort through alphabetically or try and scroll to find them if they were listed 6 months earlier.

Have already listed my problem through PR but thought I might do the same here, I am having trouble adding a pet and keep getting this message:

The website cannot display the page HTTP 500 Most likely causes:

•The website is under maintenance.

•The website has a programming error.

is anyone else having the same problem, it happened last night as well.

I am so computer illerate :laugh:

Maree

CPR

Edited by keetamouse

Have already listed my problem through PR but thought I might do the same here, I am having trouble adding a pet and keep getting this message:

Maree

CPR

Me too Maree, lol, but since downloading google chrome as suggested earlier, and going through that it seems to have fixed the problem.

Maree

CPR

Me too Maree, lol, but since downloading google chrome as suggested earlier, and going through that it seems to have fixed the problem.

I did what Nina suggested and have had no luck so am really stuck as to how I am going to add my new dogs in future, I have 8 new ones to go up, I just hope it can be fixed or if anyone has an idea of what I can do, I have emailed PR but I understand that they don't work on the weekends.

Maree

CPR

Know it is the long weekend but no enquiries at all and found that it was not easy to look for dogs on the site, sorry but need to change the white background as the green writing is really hard to read.

Wasn't the only group to receive no enquiries either.

A few of us have come to the conclusion why I cannot "add dogs" on to Pet Rescue, I have a group Admin listing and can manage others in the group, also I can edit my listings and others, but for some reason on Pet Rescue side of things I have not had a box ticked to enable me to add dogs, so hopefully after this long weekend PR will fix this as it is a real pain.

Does anyone think that this may be the issue that I am having, does it sound like it could happen, or am I just the unlucky one out of the hundreds of members on PT that can't add dogs.

I have joined Google Chrome so that isn't the problem, so really has me buggered as to why.

Maree

CPR