The New Pet Rescue Site?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone had any enquiries for dogs they have listed since the new PR site went live?

T.

Heaps. And nobody is reading the Adoption Procedure, as suspected.

I was wondering how users will be responding to the new site.

No enquiries at all, also another big group that is at the kennels had no appointments either. Wish they would get rid of the white background it is too hard to see, also got another person who is into computers to have a look at it and they said it was not user friendly and hard the the average person to use.

No enquiries at all, also another big group that is at the kennels had no appointments either. Wish they would get rid of the white background it is too hard to see, also got another person who is into computers to have a look at it and they said it was not user friendly and hard the the average person to use.

They're right. As someone who does design, it's not accessible at all. From the layout to the colour scheme - just awful.

On the old PR when you bumped and animal it moved to the top of all your listings.

These ones dont you bump them and they stay where they are so you then have to try and rembember which

ones you have bumped and which you havent.

Or am i just making it hard for myself and there is an easier way???

What I do is going into Rescue Groups at the top of the page each day and go to my listing which does have them in order then sign in and then bump the ones I want, not sure if there is a easier way because this does take longer but at least it works, hopefully in time the listings will go back to the old way.

quote ... Wish they would get rid of the white background it is too hard to see, also got another person who is into computers to have a look at it and they said

!! it was not user friendly and hard for the average person to use. !! :confused:

so true :(

quote ... Wish they would get rid of the white background it is too hard to see, also got another person who is into computers to have a look at it and they said

!! it was not user friendly and hard for the average person to use. !! :confused:

That struck me when I looked at it. The old Pet Rescue was exceptionally easy for anyone to use.

Straight-forward search Menu, on the main pages. Took you straight to your State's list, then any entry you fancied took you straight to the Profile which had all the info you needed to know... and for contacting. (Only thing is, I wished 'Senior' could be added to search choices.)

Quick & crystal clear.

I've thought that such ease of use played a big part in Pet Rescue's success. I could recommend it to people looking for pets, knowing that the site was self-explanatory.

Edited by mita

I have been having trouble uploading photos, it seems to upload the same photo all the time even though I choose other photos and then when I go look at the profile the right photos have been uploaded, wasted a lot of time trying to upload the right photos

Dont like the new search feature, its not easy to select your state, if you want to go meet the animal in person - which I imagine most start out with that in mind

I have been having trouble uploading photos, it seems to upload the same photo all the time even though I choose other photos and then when I go look at the profile the right photos have been uploaded, wasted a lot of time trying to upload the right photos

This happended to me also the other day i spent about half and hr trying to upload new pics and blurb but it kept changing back to

the old one everytime. Very frustrating!

I wish HTML links included in the profile were live (such as YouTube videos of the animals). And am I missing something or are there bits included which you can't edit? I see a heading "Philosophy" but it doesn't come up if you go into Group Profile > Edit. And you also can't seem to add a logo.

I'm a bit cranky with it at this stage, if there was an alternative I'd go to that, I just don't have the time to be struggling with buggy software. I was really stabby about having to download Chrome, because all I need is another bit of software to learn.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up as well, which might be important for people who are lucky enough to have professional photographers do their animal photos. I was reading through the code of ethics on the new site and there is this line, "All information, including photos, contact information and animal descriptions posted to the website, becomes the property of PetRescue and may be used in promotions and for marketing purposes." It's quite possible it was on the last site as well, I just don't remember reading it.

Essentially you are assigning your copyright over to Pet Rescue, which might, or might not matter, but is worth knowing.

I have a few problems with the site, one being that there are 48 rescue groups listed in the ACT, which is just a joke, CPR are the biggest group by the amount of dogs and cats that we have, and can have anywhere up to 40 at any one time and we are listed number 12, also the dogs are listed alphbetically instead of when they arrived into care.

Have been told by PR that many groups Australia wide were asked initally where they rescue from hence why they ticked the ACT the question should have been "where are you located"

SOS is on page 7 and PAWS are down the pages as well, when people are scrolling through PR they will stop looking if they see pages upon pages with a group listed and no dogs, I don't think it is very people friendly, people here have said that it was very time consuming looking for rescue dogs in the ACT, am only reporting back what I am experiencing here in the ACT.

Some of the groups listed in the ACT have not had dogs on their listing for well over 12 months and in some cases many years but there they are alphabetically in the ACT listings.

I was going to start a thread where we could all list our concerns and present it to PR.

Let me say before I get dumped on I am not having a go at PR I am merley trying to see what others are concerned about as well, if others are happy with the site then I accept that, I don't have a problem about the new PR but just saying what is an issue with us/me and asking what others think.

Maree

CPR

Edited by keetamouse

Has anyone else had problems with the site over the last few days. As in cannot add a listing at all?. I know of 2 other people in rescue who are having the same problem.

Have added 4 other listings in the last week with no problem. When you get to the section where you enter the breed it then deletes what you entered when you type in the answer to the next question. Thats not such a big deal but the site requires it to be entered otherwise you cannot upload the dogs profile. Then the site freezes.

After following this thread i waited for a little while before adding a listing due to the issues discussed on here.

Edited by cryptic

Have added 4 other listings in the last week with no problem. When you get to the section where you enter the breed it then deletes what you entered when you type in the answer to the next question.

Happens to all of us I am sure, I know PR asked for us to send our concerns to them via email but I think if we list here from the ones who are listing their dogs on the site it will save hundrends of us emailing the same questions which would become rather annoying for PR I would think.

Maree

CPR

Our enquiry numbers have plummeted from several per day to only 2-3 per week since the new PR, and I've spoken with several other rescue groups in the Riverina who report the same thing. I suspect that the ability to restrict the search results by postcode is having a severe impact on every group that isn't in a densely populated area. It doesn't matter that transport is readily available if the potential adopters never even see our dogs' profiles :(

I find the new search feature much slower to use too. Before it was just 3 clicks and search, and that was it. Rather than reducing the amount of clicks involved, they've increased, which isn't good web developing. Not to mention that the light grey font they now use for the search features makes it nearly impossible to see the text, which further complicates the search. I shouldn't have to move my head around in order to read the different options.

When updating a site, it should be simplified as much as possible, meaning making it more intuitive, faster and easier to use, and reducing the amount of clicks needed to get where you want.

I can't understand why the state option is now part of the advanced search. The old search feature had everything that was needed, and there was no reason to change it. Even if they changed the site, they should have kept the search feature the way it was.

I think this thread was an excellent idea. The PR site is the number one option for pretty much all of rescue and it is a major change. If the animals are not listed due to issues with the site then it impacts on all of us. Good to discuss here.

I have had a lot less enquiry but was putting it down to school holidays. Perhaps not after reading some of the issues mentioned.