The New Pet Rescue Site?

Just wondering has anybody sent an email through to PR because i have applied for a new account for hawkesbury pound and

i have been ignored so far. Its been 6 days and ive heard nothing so just wondering if its me or if they just take ages to

get back to everyone???

It was a similar length of time for me to receive a reply to an email. :)

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope what I heard today is not true that they are not changing the site because we were given time to comment and nobody did so that is it.

I can't remember ever getting an email asking for my opinion but I suppose that email went with the one I got to start using this new site, didn't get that one either.

Very disappointed.

They're sabotaging their own website. It seems no one is able to navigate it easily. We know what the result will be for the dogs needing rescue.

The administrators used to visit DOL frequently, I remember when they were getting started with their original website. I find it hard to believe they're not aware of the general opion of their new site. Evidently they just don't care.

I'd hope that's not true; it takes a bit of time to navigate around a new site and work out what is new functionality as opposed to what doesn't work. And given that so many rescuers are volunteers with jobs and other things to do, it's not like we all have heaps of spare time to spend working things out.

I didn't get an email asking my opinion, I only received one asking for details for logging in. I was a bit surprised at the lack of consultation with stakeholders, since we're the content that the Pet Rescue brand is built on.

I was talking to one of the bigger groups in Victoria today and they are really unhappy and have noticed that their enquiries are way down.

I hope what I heard today is not true that they are not changing the site because we were given time to comment and nobody did so that is it.

I can't remember ever getting an email asking for my opinion but I suppose that email went with the one I got to start using this new site, didn't get that one either.

Very disappointed.

I had major problems adding dogs, could do everything else as an admin of our group but not add, PR had been going for 3 weeks before the issue was fixed, it was a matter of my address not being added, so my point is that I NEVER received an email asking for my opinion on the new site, and if I had I could not comment only that I could not get in.

When did others receive the email asking for their opinion of the new site, seems odd as the complaints stated almost immediately the new site went live, so all seems really odd to me.

Maree

CPR

We never recieved any emails either... but that could have been due to the problem with PR changing mail services and our web/mail host seeing it as spam.

Personally, I haven't had any issues when listing dogs - I even created a few dummy ones when I was trying to fix the mail problem.

I checked out the Q&A section - there is very little there in the way of answers to peoples' issues.

I had a couple of workmates try to find dogs they would be interested in as a purely general public search - and they gave up after a couple of tries... and these people are IT professionals. The general concensus was that it's too hard to navigate, and things aren't presented logically, which makes the site almost useless for anyone looking for anything specific.

I'm fast losing confidence in the new PR site as a place to advertise our dogs. I know PR is free, but Gumtree is actually starting to look like a viable alternative at this point... errr!

C'mon PR - the backend hard stuff has been done - please get the people in who did the site and have them redesign the front end to something more usable for all, or you are going to lose your hard earned place as the site to go to when looking for a rescue dog.

T.

We never recieved any emails either... but that could have been due to the problem with PR changing mail services and our web/mail host seeing it as spam.

Personally, I haven't had any issues when listing dogs - I even created a few dummy ones when I was trying to fix the mail problem.

I checked out the Q&A section - there is very little there in the way of answers to peoples' issues.

I had a couple of workmates try to find dogs they would be interested in as a purely general public search - and they gave up after a couple of tries... and these people are IT professionals. The general concensus was that it's too hard to navigate, and things aren't presented logically, which makes the site almost useless for anyone looking for anything specific.

I'm fast losing confidence in the new PR site as a place to advertise our dogs. I know PR is free, but Gumtree is actually starting to look like a viable alternative at this point... errr!

C'mon PR - the backend hard stuff has been done - please get the people in who did the site and have them redesign the front end to something more usable for all, or you are going to lose your hard earned place as the site to go to when looking for a rescue dog.

T.

Ditto

Ditto on the not receiving a consultation e-mail and some like me have taken a little while to use the new application surely it should be a month for feedback at least, the colors are atrocious that light grey and blue needs to go. I mean really just darken the colour choice a shade or two. I am finding messages in our message store on pet rescue that definately arent coming through to us so Im having to go there and work that as well as my email. Really I can do without extra work. We actually started digging out old email for the ones we got a while back offering other places to list our animals. Im finding the function to add listings not too bad although as previously the drop down box for breeds instead of just typing is pretty but an absolute time waster.

Edited by cami

I too am very dissapointed in the new PR website.

I have a few long termers that I would love to find homes for and although the enquiries were slow prior to the new PR site, they were still coming through.

Since the new PR site was launched, I haven't had any enquiries. :(

It's worth checking your messages area in Pet Rescue account. We've had some Pet Rescue enquiries so I assumed it was working, but when I went in and looked there were several enquries which didn't come through to our email. We have a gmail account, so no idea why they PR messages wouldn't get through, they're not showing up in the spam folder either.

I too am very dissapointed in the new PR website.

I have a few long termers that I would love to find homes for and although the enquiries were slow prior to the new PR site, they were still coming through.

Since the new PR site was launched, I haven't had any enquiries. :(

Gumtree gets a heck of a lot of traffic... and we could swamp the listings with rescues at decent prices which may slow down some of the idiots offering up all sorts of stupid crosses for big bucks... *grin*

Fight fire with fire, and get the traffic we seem to have lost via the new PR website.

T.

Guest muttrus

AS A MATTER OF INTEREST -----I had a phone call regarding a dog the lady said sorry she knows we are all volunteers and our time etc but she had sent me an email with no reply so she thought she"d call I explained I hadn"t got her email ---AND advised her that others too maynot have and asked had she enquired about other dogs she said yes sent afew e-mails with no response.I told her about the problems some are having and suggested she call rather than email .

She was very grateful for the advice and said she was getting frustrated with the whole no hearing back but now she understands and felt better as she was thinking it was just her.

Lovely lady I hope she finds a suitable new family member .

Notice on Facebook just now:

Rescue groups, just a quick reminder that we can't troubleshoot issues with the new site via Facebook. You'll need to email [email protected] with specifics.

You might also notice you're now getting some emails through (some might be for pets you've now marked as rehomed) - it seems we've had a backlog in the email spool, so just bear with us - if you need dates of the emails, they'll be in your Members Area > Messages folder

Hopefully some of the problems are being resolved :crossfingers:

Another notice on Facebook, for those not using it:

PetRescue are still seeing the same amount of enquiries sent from the site to groups each day as the previous site; we've not seen a drop in potential adopters.

However, there are some important things to check to ensure your PetRescue account is running at its best;

- When logged into the members area go to 'Messages' this is a record of all emails sent to you via the site. Any message here should also come to you via your email.

- Emails are now coming from the email address '[email protected]' rather than [email protected], so check your spam to make sure that enquiries aren't going there (especially if you have enquiries in your messages that you haven't had as an email)

- There 'basic' search (rather than advanced search) has been reordered so that searching by state is the first option, (then postcode in advanced). This is the way the previous search worked, will make sure the most amount of pets are seen by the most amount of people and may have an impact on your enquires.

- There has been an issue with the postcode search but this was fixed at the end of last week, so should be fine now.

I hope things are getting better for you all (and especially the pooches/kitties).

Edited by Katdogs