The New Pet Rescue Site?

Does anyone else have to upload the same picture 2 or 3 times for it to actually work?

Sometimes I upload an image and nothing shows up, so I hit refresh or just "ok" the profile for publication anyways and then the image shows up. Sometimes nothing appears, and I need to reload.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is anyone else experiencing a descrease in enquiries now? We haven't had any since the new site went up.

We are actively using Gumtree now where we are getting a good amount of responses including quality leads.

Edited by sas

I have had a couple of odd ones sent from members of the public where I am being offered dogs for rehoming,as though I am a possible enquirer.

I am on there for dogs listed for rehoming.

When I queried as to why I was sent the enquiry the person has cursed the site and explained they were interested in a dog not associated with me.

Very peculiar.

PetRescue has proudly announced on facebook the 150,000th rehome.

Do they count dogs as being rehomed/rescued through PetRescue if you've also advertised elsewhere and received queries through that, and then move them to 'rehomed' on PetRescue afterwards?

ETA what I mean is, is PetRescue aware that your enquiries are down through their site, or are they perhaps looking at overall 'pets moved' numbers and not seeing the detail?

Edited by Katdogs

PetRescue has proudly announced on facebook the 150,000th rehome.

Do they count dogs as being rehomed/rescued through PetRescue if you've also advertised elsewhere and received queries through that, and then move them to 'rehomed' on PetRescue afterwards?

ETA what I mean is, is PetRescue aware that your enquiries are down through their site, or are they perhaps looking at overall 'pets moved' numbers and not seeing the detail?

My limited understanding is that if you mark the dog as 'rehomed', PetRescue assume it was done via their website.

Is anyone else experiencing a descrease in enquiries now? We haven't had any since the new site went up.

We are actively using Gumtree now where we are getting a good amount of responses including quality leads.

I've not even really been bothering with PetRescue, but using other means as well such as facebook and gumtree. My last foster dog was rehomed via word of mouth.

• 1 month later...
Guest muttrus

Ive been using gumtree for the past 3 years.plus our website and facebook page pet rescue refused to support us after a past adopter a year later said their puppy grew up and is now classed as a dangerous dog attacking and killing livestock and attacking people they had tried everything and contacted me as a last resort.They sent me all the details including the behavourist findings etc I said the dog was no longer safe as a part of society (he had injured several children) I suggested they take him to their vet hold his paw and put him to sleep They said thats what the RSPCA told them but they loved him and wanted him to be rehomed .I tried to explain the dangers in rehoming a dog of such nature I never heard back UNTIL pet rescue contacted me and said how dare I suggest such a thing all dogs have a right to live and I in their eyes are not a suitable rescuer therefore we can no longer use their site. thats the short version with swearing left out hahahhahah.

Any way we are still going bigger and stronger I know PR wants to shut down gumtree for advertising animals .Funny PR use the newspaper same thing really anyway if you use your same adoption methods I see no reason NOT to use all the advertising at your disposal ----Free advertising 10 photo uploads REMEMBER a lot of the public still aren"t aware of just who is in rescue and how they work etc most still think of pound and RSPCA so it really isn"t fair to judge everyone as being unsuitable simply because they turn to websites like gumtree to find a new family member without meaning to start a bitch fest I do recall not so long ago people rubbishing sites like gumtree for advertising pets .When I upload my dogs I get a 4 text long message from persona unknown waring me of people getting dogs for dog fighting.True as it maybe 2 of my own dogs come from gumtree and I don"t class myself as an unsuitable dog owner .you can still practise the same adoption rules as per usual and still find wonderful homes through other sites NOT JUST PET RESCUE .

I must say that when PetRescue send you an email asking to "please explain" a complaint they have gotten about a rescue, it does come accross as accusatory, rather than a "can we have your side of the story" request... maybe a quick refresher in communication with one's patrons might be in order in those cases?

With the advent of Gumtree and it's ilk, and PetRescue's less than amazing reincarnation, methinks quite a few people have "gone to the dark side"...

As for Gumtree being an "evil place" to be advertising rescues - if enough rescues are using it, we may be able to turn the tide by offering better dogs at better prices than the BYB's... beat them at their own game so to speak...

T.

I listed 2 dogs on gumtree and had suitable enquires for one of them within days. Meanwhile on PetRescue I have had one enquiry for the other dog which was a deadend and these dogs have now been on there several weeks.

IONO, I will still list on PetRescue to cover all bases, but Gumtree seems to be doing well for myself and other rescue groups.

Edited by shmoo

Guest muttrus

I did write to gumtree and suggest having a rescue section as part of their pets section.There really are a lot of people wanting to adopt a rescue dog/cat however a google search always brings up pet rescue which of course brings everyone back to a site that seems to be nothing more than a headache to most .

I don"t see anything wrong with competition there site is easy to use easy to reply photos are large and bright your ID is safe you can write just as much even pay a tiny bit extra to make sure you are always on top rather thn wait a week before being bumped up. MORE exposure the better I say

Even when we were on PR I still had more enquiries through gumtree .and If I was to do a graph Ive had more updates from those who have adopted through gumtree rather than PR so for me its always worked in our dogs favour .

I do believe there is also another website offering the same services as PR much the same with joining uploading etc purely RESCUE animals

name escapes me at the moment sorry.

I think PetRescue should also have a pets of the week page. Much like the American Pet rescue site does. That will give randomly selected rescues a chance to star on the front page and every week 8 or so different rescues get a chance to appear. That might boost adoptions or enquiries at least.

I think PetRescue should also have a pets of the week page. Much like the American Pet rescue site does. That will give randomly selected rescues a chance to star on the front page and every week 8 or so different rescues get a chance to appear. That might boost adoptions or enquiries at least.

They do have pets randomly appearing on the front page. I'm not sure how often this is changed and how many are in the 'pool' to be rotated but when the new site first went live, one of our dogs kept popping up every three or four times I'd refresh.