The New Pet Rescue Site?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems to edit ok for me but wont update photos and if I want to add a complete new listing it wont let me click on certain things (ie....sex, size ) nothing happens, so when I go update at bottom it tells me i havent filled in all the boxes :confused:

Anyone else having this problem ?? Have emailed but they're probably sooo busy !

If you are the main account holder, go to "Manage Listings", click on the name of the dog you want to edit, then when that comes up select "Edit" from the small list over at the top right of the page.

T.

I knew it would be something so simple I wouldn't get it :) :) thanks, I am one of those computer dummy's :)

They've fixed the bit where the active listings are first, yay! And I think the feature is back where you can load a bigger image than appears on the screen, and when you click on the image you can see the bigger version. That was in an early version of Pet Rescue and it's a nice feature.

I'm sure it will just take a bit of getting used to really, although I'm finding it a bit more annoying to navigate than the previous version. Things take more steps instead of the page being laid out in pretty much one screen, now you have to scroll through two or three.

I do think there is an element of clever people building something shiny and very cool, but without consultation with people who are going to be making the most use of it, which is the rescuers.

I've seen any number of database projects where everyone is all excited about the front end and give hardly any thought to the workflow on the back end.

One feature on the front end which I think could be better thought out is the need to click on "advanced search" to be able to choose age and size of dog. I think most people come to choosing a dog

with an idea of age and size (ie I want a small dog and I don't want a puppy). I also know from having been part of extensive user testing for big database projects that very few people choose advanced search options, so I think there might be some frustrated potential adopters getting floods of dogs they're not interested in.

It seems to edit ok for me but wont update photos and if I want to add a complete new listing it wont let me click on certain things (ie....sex, size ) nothing happens, so when I go update at bottom it tells me i havent filled in all the boxes :confused:

Anyone else having this problem ?? Have emailed but they're probably sooo busy !

I was having the same issue while trying to correct a listing I had there.

Also, there's no option to change the group picture, even though there's a little placeholder logo that's called groupavatar.jpg

Things seem quite buggy at the moment but I assume they're working out the problems.

On a slightly unrelated topic, I agree with what someone said about not liking that interstate groups were now included in state directories. Tasmania only had a couple of Tasmanian-based groups, now it has a huge list of rescue groups for adopters to wade through (the majority being mainland groups who'll adopt to interstate).

I honestly don't see the point of that when you can select adoptable from interstate in your animal search.

On a slightly unrelated topic, I agree with what someone said about not liking that interstate groups were now included in state directories. Tasmania only had a couple of Tasmanian-based groups, now it has a huge list of rescue groups for adopters to wade through (the majority being mainland groups who'll adopt to interstate).

I honestly don't see the point of that when you can select adoptable from interstate in your animal search.

I think that might be related to the form we filled out ages ago to migrate our details. It asked what areas you rescued from, and because we take dogs from NSW, I ticked that. Then in the new that seemed to translate into location. So I just went in to the Group Profiles > edit > and then right down the bottom to states, and unclicked NSW. Now we only show up as located in Victoria.

If you are the main account holder, go to "Manage Listings", click on the name of the dog you want to edit, then when that comes up select "Edit" from the small list over at the top right of the page.

T.

I knew it would be something so simple I wouldn't get it :) :) thanks, I am one of those computer dummy's :)

Just Andrea and myself are the main managers for CPR, at the start all the dogs and cats were in my name now they are all in Andrea's, a tad annoying.

Maree

CPR

I think my group coordinator had the right idea getting me to fill in the change-over form for our group... I filled out all her details for the main user (after consultation with her about it), and filled in mine for a sub-user. Of course PR only created the main user profile and lumped all of the combined old (2 users) dogs into the main user's listings. No biggie, as I am fully appraised of our main user details... *grin*

So when it all changed, I sorted the mess out and added my own user login. My group coordinator and myself both have each other's passwords anyways... and we are the only 2 PR users for our group, which makes it easier.

Speaking of PR - we had an adoption today - better go and remove her from the site... yay!

T.

I think my group coordinator had the right idea getting me to fill in the change-over form for our group... I filled out all her details for the main user (after consultation with her about it), and filled in mine for a sub-user. Of course PR only created the main user profile and lumped all of the combined old (2 users) dogs into the main user's listings. No biggie, as I am fully appraised of our main user details... *grin*

So when it all changed, I sorted the mess out and added my own user login. My group coordinator and myself both have each other's passwords anyways... and we are the only 2 PR users for our group, which makes it easier.

Speaking of PR - we had an adoption today - better go and remove her from the site... yay!

T.

Our main administator says there can only be one main admin that can access everything. Apparently now all historical listings can only be accessed by that person no matter who listed it. Now what happens if in the event that person becomes ill. Or suddenly leaves. No one can do anything! Not that I think it is likely but well...

Edited by pikespooches

Technically then, both you and Andrea should have access to the main administrator account so that you can both have the level of control you need if the other is unable to do it.

You could set up sub-users for each active listing member or carer - including you and Andrea - and then each can list your own fosters... but if needed you can both access ALL animals under your rescue by using the administrator account. Does that make sense?

I agree that it's all very confusing at the moment, but it's probably been done this way to make it easier in the future... and we will all forget the initial kerfuffle later...

T.

Is anybody else having trouble reading the yellow printing, I find it really hard to read.

Also although it is new I think a lot of people that are not good with computers will find it hard to get around it, something I find a lot of times happens with website etc., I find simple is always best.

I am lucky with somebody within our group that is working things out after I couldn't get on also.

Is anyone else having trouble adding new dogs ?? It wont let me click the boxes....sex, size, etc...just stays blank (no green box ), it wont even let me put a breed in either.Am wondering if its just my computer for some reason as havent seen anyone else mention this problem :confused: