Litters Due December 2012

Monteba

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I can finally let the cat out of the bag and add myself to the December litters due.

We can announce the safe arrival of 1 sheltie pup via elective c section today.

This was a very exciting litter for us as we used Frozen Semen from an old english import. Historically there has not been a lot of success with frozen semen with shelties in Australia ( I believe this is only the 3rd successful frozen semen litter for shelties in Australia) so we had our fingers crossed until we got this precious bundle out alive.

Both mum and bub are doing fine.

TB

Smisch posted up our results 2 little girls both Sable parti's and 2 boys 1 black and silver parti and a solid dark not sure if actually colour as to young to tell lol.

Congrats to those who have whelped so far and those awaiting litters, good luck!!!!

woo hoo - what a flying start for the Dec litters :)

Just a question - what is on everyone's whelping checklist - I feel like I'm forgetting some things!

Calcium Sandoz and Oxytocin are the two things I have on hand at all times, the rest I think you can probably find in your house as you go along

Congratulations, Tasha Bailey, and to the others who's bitches have whelped so far this month.

Bree is getting closer, not sure she will go to 11th. Her temp is fluctuating, and although she is not ripping up paper, she is trying to find a hidey hole in the garden. :D

Edited by ShesaLikeableBiBear

Goodluck with the impending litter Shesa.

Are you still going elective c section? We did for Gabby and it was so much less stress and being a singleton decided to not take the risk to let her go naturally. It made life so much less stressful - we knew exactly when the pup was going to arrive and then we had several hours to get mum and pup settled before night.

The OH was taking my mum to her medical appointments while I was at the vets.

TB

Congratlations to all the new bubba we now have 9 days till due date. We made her whelping box all up for her this afternoon and she went straight in and laid down she will sleep in there over night now and she will go out when she wants to. Getting nervous now. Shaved her belly this afternoon and a nice grooming session now we just wait....