Litters Due December 2012

Monteba

Mother nature has stepped in, it must have been really hard on your daughter. :cry: We had a horrid time with our litter born in Feb (same Mum). Lost one at birth, one at 5 weeks to what the vets thought was juvenile epilepsy. He started fitting at 21 days and although on medication was still fitting at 5 weeks, then at 7 weeks a carpet python was in our houseyard and strangled another. We have since put in a sonic barrier and hope that works. On top of all of this I have been recovering from a disc replacement and spinal fusion (Nov 2011) and had hip surgery 20 Sep. My boy (hesapandabear) turned 12 on 25 Sep and I lost him 02 Oct to a tumor on a kidney which had spread to his liver. All in all a horrific year, roll on 2013 :)

You have certainly had a rough year. Bring on 2013 im done with 2012 now but as my vet said tonight although the year was bad for us with losing our old girl and my other dog in feb had her leg amputated we still have 4 gorgeous bubbas who hopefully continue to grow they put on average 20 grams a day amazing stuff.

Good lucjk to you for 2013

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry for your loss Dogmate, Its never easy, we try our best, but sometimes mother nature has other ideas :(

We grow so attached to them as soon as we see them

In mums belly at 4 weeks ...

It's just heartbreaking...hugs to both you and your daughter...

I am so sorry for your loss Dogmate, Its never easy, we try our best, but sometimes mother nature has other ideas :(

We grow so attached to them as soon as we see them

In mums belly at 4 weeks ...

It's just heartbreaking...hugs to both you and your daughter...

Thanks it was hard yesterday but today mum zoe seems so much more relaxed think it was stressfull for her as well us going in all the time interferring to feed whitey today we gave her alot of alone time and she was definately more settled.

Our Paper work Arrived yesterday :D

So we have:

Steal My Sunshine - Zayde

All That N Sunshine - Squeak

Blazing Sunshine - Fattie

Twisted Sunshine - Bubbles

We were going with a fire theme but everything I put up wasnt accepting, so we had to go with Smisch's theme o.O

They are all walking around, squeaking, barking and grumbling, and had their first mini meal yesterday.

Our Paper work Arrived yesterday :D

So we have:

Steal My Sunshine - Zayde

All That N Sunshine - Squeak

Blazing Sunshine - Fattie

Twisted Sunshine - Bubbles

We were going with a fire theme but everything I put up wasnt accepting, so we had to go with Smisch's theme o.O

They are all walking around, squeaking, barking and grumbling, and had their first mini meal yesterday.

awesome

6 puppies, 3 boys & 3 girls all very strong and active. poor Luna is exhausted.

Woo Hoo Happy Xmas and a nice even number thumbsup1.gif

Our babies are doing well and are so contented. It makes the three I had last time (different mum) seem like 20. Tomorrow its forecast to be 39 - so it will be interesting to see how they go with that.

Happy Xmas everybody cheers.gif

6 puppies, 3 boys & 3 girls all very strong and active. poor Luna is exhausted.

Woo Hoo Happy Xmas and a nice even number thumbsup1.gif

Our babies are doing well and are so contented. It makes the three I had last time (different mum) seem like 20. Tomorrow its forecast to be 39 - so it will be interesting to see how they go with that.

Happy Xmas everybody cheers.gif

Good luck with the heat. I found that harder to deal with than cold. The few stinking hot days we had I froze a hot water bottle (not a lot of water in it so it was still fairly flat) and covered it in a towel and they seemed to like laying against that. I also took the vet bed out on those days and used the rubber non slip camping mat stuff (which I wasn't super keen on - it was non slip for pups and Jazz but slipped on the newspaper so was always getting bunched up but it was definitely cooler for them)

Good luck with the heat. I found that harder to deal with than cold. The few stinking hot days we had I froze a hot water bottle (not a lot of water in it so it was still fairly flat) and covered it in a towel and they seemed to like laying against that. I also took the vet bed out on those days and used the rubber non slip camping mat stuff (which I wasn't super keen on - it was non slip for pups and Jazz but slipped on the newspaper so was always getting bunched up but it was definitely cooler for them)

Thanks for the tips - I was thinking of using towels but wasn't sure if I should wet them or not. I have the ceiling fan and the air conditioner going.

congrats capanash :) look forward to photos!!

well we had our first storm with no issues but the little brats have learnt they can fit through the baby gate lol!! so gotta be careful or I'll have a litter of Lowchen loose through my house lol!

merry Christmas everyone :) from myself, Darkrai and the "sunshine" litter :)