Litters Due December 2012

Monteba

Has anyones bitches ever had morning sickness before? Zara was feeling pretty worse for wear yesterday. I think she brought up most of her breakfast and last nights dinner and unfortunately we were away from home (I was trialling the other dogs and she was with me as my parents were away). After about 2 hrs, she was her usual sprightly self and back to normal....

She's also thinner than I would like a preg bitch. She's on advance active and is having 4c/ day.... what else can I give her to fatten her up? She's got a bit of a sensitive tum so I need to be careful what I give her :o.

suggestions welcome!

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyones bitches ever had morning sickness before? Zara was feeling pretty worse for wear yesterday. I think she brought up most of her breakfast and last nights dinner and unfortunately we were away from home (I was trialling the other dogs and she was with me as my parents were away). After about 2 hrs, she was her usual sprightly self and back to normal....

She's also thinner than I would like a preg bitch. She's on advance active and is having 4c/ day.... what else can I give her to fatten her up? She's got a bit of a sensitive tum so I need to be careful what I give her :o.

suggestions welcome!

Edited by Blitza

photo of my girl at 28 days, she is know day 31. only started going off her dryfood yesterday and will only eat it if it is moistened with warm water or sardines is added to it lol

post-28234-0-82228200-1352698909_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blitza

suggestions welcome!

Our girl went off her food in a major manner.. current diet is bikkies mixed in with tin food :vomit: sadly it's all she will eat but as long as theres food going in i guess its okay.. shes packed on the kilos though. making up for the weeks that she cant eat due to a belly full

A few of mine have been a bit off colour around the 3 week to 4 week mark LP. No actual vomiting, but looking very 'green'- sometimes off their food, eating more grass, etc.

Leopuppy we have had a couple of vomiting episodes in the last few days too (she is not confirmed pregnant yet either)

Our girl went off her food in a major manner.. current diet is bikkies mixed in with tin food :vomit: sadly it's all she will eat but as long as theres food going in i guess its okay.. shes packed on the kilos though. making up for the weeks that she cant eat due to a belly full

Thanks guys! Makes me feel a little bit better. Kinta never went off her food, even when her temp dropped and after she had the pups - greedy guts! Whereas I think Zara is going to be a lot more fussy so I might look into a few things there....

What worries me is she doesn't look pregnant at all! :laugh: Geez I'm such a worry wart! Kinta never really looked pregnant either, but I am sure I convinced myself she looked huge :laugh: But Zara - well she just looks her normal athletic self with massive boobs :rofl:

She seems much better today. Less 'hungover' look about her and has kept her food down. Told dad to feed her 3 x per day now and to basically feed her whatever she wants :laugh:

Best of luck Blitza.

A few of mine have been a bit off colour around the 3 week to 4 week mark LP. No actual vomiting, but looking very 'green'- sometimes off their food, eating more grass, etc.

Leopuppy we have had a couple of vomiting episodes in the last few days too (she is not confirmed pregnant yet either)

Thanks guys! Makes me feel a little bit better. Kinta never went off her food, even when her temp dropped and after she had the pups - greedy guts! Whereas I think Zara is going to be a lot more fussy so I might look into a few things there....

What worries me is she doesn't look pregnant at all! :laugh: Geez I'm such a worry wart! Kinta never really looked pregnant either, but I am sure I convinced myself she looked huge :laugh: But Zara - well she just looks her normal athletic self with massive boobs :rofl:

She seems much better today. Less 'hungover' look about her and has kept her food down. Told dad to feed her 3 x per day now and to basically feed her whatever she wants :laugh:

Best of luck Blitza.

LOL ash i can feel her boobies, so could my vet when she was at the 2 week stage :laugh: and her nipples got the bright pink colour to lol that was actually the first thing i noticed,and just sitting thinking in car on way home from training, ash has actually gotton sookier as continually nudges me for attention,and pushes her head under my arm when im sitting next to her ignoring her lol.before she never really bothered to do that much lol yes she loved cuddles, but was never like this :laugh:

Leopuppy - My girl did not vomit, but went off her food big time..she went off her food around the 4.5-5 weeks mark...then started eating for a few days, then again went off her food again and was extremely fussy for the rest of the pregnancy :( she is usually fed Advance Active aswell with meat..and she is a food fanatic...my credit card got a work out with the amount of roast chicken I was buying, just so that I could get her to eat something!

I also changed her diet to "Puppy" advance aswell...and also tried the Royal Canin "Mother and Babies" formula :)

please add me to the list,pregnancy was confirmed today :))

due on the 14th december, our first australian shepherd litter

Woooo yay Blitza!! I'm feeling your excitement.. for any who don't know I'm the OH of the Darkrai household

congrats to everyone with babies on the way.. our girl is getting Lovely and round.. 6 weeks on Saturday and eating like a pig, so far tonight she's had

her bikkie and tin mix

more bikkies and yoghurt which is what everyone else had for dinner

she also has a grazing bowl up which she's scoffed half of lol.. oh and she stole part of OHs dinner, part of my pull apart and has then decided that she wanted to clean out my smoothie cup.. I think we're gonna have chubba bubbahs

Attached is the scan photo :D can't believe we could see the jelly beans wiggling and moving.. taking after their crazy mummy already!!

post-5828-0-67470200-1352800182_thumb.jpg

Next Tuesday I booked in to find out if she is or isn't - however had to see the vet urgently tonight with the same girl - Vet is fairly sure she is (she is only 25 days from the first mating) but will recheck her again on Saturday and Tuesday when she has to go back again for more acupuncture.

Congrats Blitz on your confirmed pregnancy

Edited by Ptolomy

please add me to the list,pregnancy was confirmed today :))

due on the 14th december, our first australian shepherd litter

Woooo yay Blitza!! I'm feeling your excitement.. for any who don't know I'm the OH of the Darkrai household

congrats to everyone with babies on the way.. our girl is getting Lovely and round.. 6 weeks on Saturday and eating like a pig, so far tonight she's had

her bikkie and tin mix

more bikkies and yoghurt which is what everyone else had for dinner

she also has a grazing bowl up which she's scoffed half of lol.. oh and she stole part of OHs dinner, part of my pull apart and has then decided that she wanted to clean out my smoothie cup.. I think we're gonna have chubba bubbahs

Attached is the scan photo :D can't believe we could see the jelly beans wiggling and moving.. taking after their crazy mummy already!!

awesome pic :)

i was mesmorised watching the ultrasound yesterday:)

my girl is currently sleeping after a short walk this morning :)

Our girl is on day 33 today. Hubby is completing her new whelping box tommorrow then we are definately on the down hill slide. I swer i felt puppies moving tody so did my daughter she was lying on my lap belly up i was tickling her bely i stopped and was resting my hand and could feel a little flicker in her belly mit have been her tummy rumbling but really felt like mine did when i was pregnant. But who knows this is lur first ever litter

Our girl is on day 33 today. Hubby is completing her new whelping box tommorrow then we are definately on the down hill slide. I swer i felt puppies moving tody so did my daughter she was lying on my lap belly up i was tickling her bely i stopped and was resting my hand and could feel a little flicker in her belly mit have been her tummy rumbling but really felt like mine did when i was pregnant. But who knows this is lur first ever litter

cool,cant say i noticed that with my girl who is know in her 5th week

Yeah im such a novice it might have been tummy gurgling but that usually does feel different. Shes only a jack russell and has a belly full. Ultrasound says at least 5 which seems to be verging on the larger size vet couldnt co firm the exact number. I only wanted a small litter for our first evr litter oh well its already been a massive exciting learning curve.