The Fresh Meat Store

Clyde

After having trouble with rotten meat from Cliff and Bully Beef in Menai, we now get all our meat from a meat market in Lansvale. I can't remember the name, but it's on the Hume Highway near McDonalds and is Ash-something. Ashfield or Ashford or something like that. It's a bit of a hike for us, but we buy in bulk. The quality is always good and it's very cheap. We usually get lamb brisket, chicken mince, beef offcuts or brisket, marrow bones, lamb shanks, pork bones and/or pig trotters, and usually some turkey wings and chicken livers/giblets/hearts. They also have pig heads, turkey tails, frozen fish, small whole chickens very cheap, goat, quail or duck if you want to get something fancy... They do really big orders if you call ahead and cut things into smaller pieces for you for free. Haven't found anywhere cheaper.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lenard's

Oxley Mall, Shop 18 Bendooley St, Bowral NSW 2576

ph: (02) 4861 6233

I really cant think of a Lenards there :confused: There is a butcher but it's not a Lenards.

It used to be there Clyde, but shut about 4-5 years ago. Was just opposite Coles, next door to the butcher ...

Lenard's

Oxley Mall, Shop 18 Bendooley St, Bowral NSW 2576

ph: (02) 4861 6233

I really cant think of a Lenards there :confused: There is a butcher but it's not a Lenards.

It used to be there Clyde, but shut about 4-5 years ago. Was just opposite Coles, next door to the butcher ...

Thanks for that, thought I was losing the plot!

Yes, chicken is easy enough to get in bulk at a good price (less than $2 kg)

It is the other things like beef etc that I haven't found a cheap, good quality, reliable, BULK supplier for.

A 3.5 hour each way drive to Luddenham etc is just too far for me, particularly when they are not open on weekends.

Where abouts in Luddenham do you get you meat espinay2?

Yes, chicken is easy enough to get in bulk at a good price (less than $2 kg)

It is the other things like beef etc that I haven't found a cheap, good quality, reliable, BULK supplier for.

A 3.5 hour each way drive to Luddenham etc is just too far for me, particularly when they are not open on weekends.

Where abouts in Luddenham do you get you meat espinay2?

A place you don't go if you are squeamish ......

But meat is very fresh and you know exactly what you are getting.

Anyone know if Cliff is still doing this? www.justfood4dogs.com.au

Cliff called me late yesterday. He's hit rough times and is out of business right now but is hoping to start again when he picks up. He said he is trying to call people to let them know and I told him I would let you all know. He said to keep looking out for his web site reopening.

To Clyde,

More than likely, I'll be going to Southern Highlands (Berrima) to show a friend's dog on 20 and 21 October. Not sure what kind of stuff you are after, but I can get chicken at quite good prices and happy to bring stuff with me on the Saturday if you can pick up. Private me if you like.

It's not a forever solution as I won't be going to Berrima every month, but happy to help out as I am coming anyway.

I have a freezer just for the dogs and it's a god send when buying in bulk.

cheers

KK Team

I have to admit I've not bought from Cliff for about 18 months. Being told meat was picked up in the morning and delivered up my way in the afternoon from a refrigerated van........meat was badly off to the point the smell made me ill. Hubby took delivery of meat and it came in the back of his car. Lord knows how long it had been there for. I tried calling but never received a call back. I'm not surprised he has fallen on hard times it seems a lot of the meat delivered was off. It wasn't the first time for us. Certainly didn't feed it to my guys. Sad really.

I have to admit I've not bought from Cliff for about 18 months. Being told meat was picked up in the morning and delivered up my way in the afternoon from a refrigerated van........meat was badly off to the point the smell made me ill. Hubby took delivery of meat and it came in the back of his car. Lord knows how long it had been there for. I tried calling but never received a call back. I'm not surprised he has fallen on hard times it seems a lot of the meat delivered was off. It wasn't the first time for us. Certainly didn't feed it to my guys. Sad really.

Oh that is upsetting!! I have never used him but was trying to find somewhere on the Coast and his name kept coming up. Finally decided to make the call and then found out his website was missing and so it went on. I don't think I'll bother if he gets going again, I don't want rotten meat. Have you tried Swaggerbout Pet Products? They're at Gosford. I am looking into trying them out.

I was intending on stocking our freezer from him.

Now I get a variety of foods from random stores. Chicken frames for $1 a bag or $7 a box - has about 30 frames. Chicken feet for $1/kg, wings for $2/kg. I get salmon heads with the bones for $3/kg.

Can't find anywhere to get decent kangaroo tail from in western syd tho. I don't mind driving as I'd buy a fair bit at once so does anyone have any ideas?

If you're in Sydney Metro the following 2 are my favourites;

* Baiada in Girraween for chicken frames @ 1.10kg; maryland @ 2.90kg; giblets/liver/hearts @ 5.50/2kg bag;

* Ivans Smallgoods at Fairfield or Chester Hill where I get pig's hocks for 1.50kg and pigs heads for $2ea;

I shop for our meat at Vic's Meats at Mascot and I usually ask for meaty bones (uncut as I have a giant breed or they will cut to your preferred size) which they gladly give away or charge very minimally. Also, I buy salmon heads from our local fishmonger for $1.99kg uncleaned.

I buy everything human grade as I usually find myself dipping in the doggy freezer for the chidken frames and soup bones :-)

Feeding raw is so much cheaper than I ever thought it would be :-)

Now I get a variety of foods from random stores. Chicken frames for $1 a bag or $7 a box - has about 30 frames. Chicken feet for $1/kg, wings for $2/kg. I get salmon heads with the bones for $3/kg.

Can't find anywhere to get decent kangaroo tail from in western syd tho. I don't mind driving as I'd buy a fair bit at once so does anyone have any ideas?

NotMidol, Do you mind telling me where you get you chicken parts for that price? I am paying much more then that.

NotMidol, Do you mind telling me where you get you chicken parts for that price? I am paying much more then that.

Boxer05, Baiada at Girraween (15 mins from Parramatta) has chicken at that price and sometimes cheaper depending on what specials they have:

Sydney

13-15 Amax Ave Girraween NSW 2145

Mon-Fri 5:30am-4pm Sat 5am-1pm

ph: 02 9842 1137

[email protected]

It's well worth the drive even if you're not that close as long as you buy in bulk :-)

Boxer05, Baiada at Girraween (15 mins from Parramatta) has chicken at that price and sometimes cheaper depending on what specials they have:

Sydney

13-15 Amax Ave Girraween NSW 2145

Mon-Fri 5:30am-4pm Sat 5am-1pm

ph: 02 9842 1137

[email protected]

It's well worth the drive even if you're not that close as long as you buy in bulk :-)

Thank Aso. I do by in bulk and have a dedicated freezer. I am paying over ten times more then that out Penrith way.

To Clyde,

More than likely, I'll be going to Southern Highlands (Berrima) to show a friend's dog on 20 and 21 October. Not sure what kind of stuff you are after, but I can get chicken at quite good prices and happy to bring stuff with me on the Saturday if you can pick up. Private me if you like.

It's not a forever solution as I won't be going to Berrima every month, but happy to help out as I am coming anyway.

I have a freezer just for the dogs and it's a god send when buying in bulk.

cheers

KK Team

Wow, that is such a lovely offer! Unfortunately I am snowed under that weekend already :(. Which I was already bummed about as I was hoping to go to that show anyway!

I have heard of a place in Bargo which is just under an hour away so might give that a shot.

Really appreciate your offer though :thumbsup:

Thank Aso. I do by in bulk and have a dedicated freezer. I am paying over ten times more then that out Penrith way.

Boxer05, stop paying those insane prices and get yourself shopping at Baiada! If the M4 is not a carpark you'll be there in no time at all. The sizes of their marylands are fairly big too so really good for large to giant size dogs and the frames still have a very good amount of meat left on them. Really good for what the humans need too. :D

Boxer05, stop paying those insane prices and get yourself shopping at Baiada! If the M4 is not a carpark you'll be there in no time at all. The sizes of their marylands are fairly big too so really good for large to giant size dogs and the frames still have a very good amount of meat left on them. Really good for what the humans need too. :D

Done!:)

Clyde - yes, Inghams at Bargo is great. Turkey and chicken products for both humans and pets. Too far for me to go, but have been there before.

Aso, I never thought of Vic's Meats for dog bones. Is that on the side street off Wentworth Avenue? I'm at Maroubra. Do you think one has to buy human meat before they sell meaty bones? The salmon heads sound good as well. I've been purchasing pilchards for $5/kg.

I've seen adverts Pendle Hill Meat Market. I assume they would have bones for dogs as well. http://www.pendleham.com.au/market/index.html