Do Altegra Walls Fit Oztrail Gazebo?

kylienmatt

The weight pull on the Oztrail roof of the weight from the Altegra sides I would think would cause a huge strain on the seams on the roof & Frame that it wouldn't take too long for it to cause some damage.

I own both types of Gazebo and I wouldn't do it. The Altegra frame is built to last and to take the weight of the roof and the sides, the Oztrail in comparison is only built to take the light weight sides they offer.

Don Day sells some really good walls for the Oztrail, much thicker than normal but nowhere near the weight of the Altegra I would have a look at those ones.

The weight pull on the Oztrail roof of the weight from the Altegra sides I would think would cause a huge strain on the seams on the roof & Frame that it wouldn't take too long for it to cause some damage.

I own both types of Gazebo and I wouldn't do it. The Altegra frame is built to last and to take the weight of the roof and the sides, the Oztrail in comparison is only built to take the light weight sides they offer.

Don Day sells some really good walls for the Oztrail, much thicker than normal but nowhere near the weight of the Altegra I would have a look at those ones.

yep that makes sense, thanks hadnt thought of the weight only size. Is there a website to look at the ones for oztrail, not sure who Don Day is. thanks :)

They will fit but as mentioned there is a weight difference. I would suggest you sew some hooks on to the Altegra walls much like the locating hooks that the Oztrail have on their walls for hanging them on the frame, that way the weight will not be on the limited amount of velco on the Oztrail roof. You could also sew extra velco on to the Oztrail roof area whre the walls locate.

I have done the above with a set of walls I had from an early marquee that died, they are heavy like the Altegra walls, so far so good. I don't use them all the time as I have a set of Oztrail walls to use as well. My thoughts.............good luck! :)

They will fit but as mentioned there is a weight difference. I would suggest you sew some hooks on to the Altegra walls much like the locating hooks that the Oztrail have on their walls for hanging them on the frame, that way the weight will not be on the limited amount of velco on the Oztrail roof. You could also sew extra velco on to the Oztrail roof area whre the walls locate.

I have done the above with a set of walls I had from an early marquee that died, they are heavy like the Altegra walls, so far so good. I don't use them all the time as I have a set of Oztrail walls to use as well. My thoughts.............good luck! :)

thanks, maybe I will look into it further. I suppose if the weight is even it wont have as much pressure.