Coroner Calls For Laws On Breeding Restricted Breeds

Alyosha

I value my dogs and they are kept securely (all gates padlocked, 6 ft fence for 30 cm high dog), but not in runs. Bad owner?

Apparently you are a bad owner if you don't have pedigree dogs. At least, that's the (il)logic coming out of Steamboat.

Sheridan it is worse - I own an oodle :eek:

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even if Cos did those things, under Victorian law the council can still decide not to renew her rego (completely at their discretion), seize and destroy the dogs. This is even if she muzzles them, puts them in a run etc.

The Dogo, Fila & Tosa are all "fighting breeds"

Which is why they are banned.

So was the SBT.

Aphra asked about the evidence that suggested they were a danger to the public.

Wrong again.

Facts aren't a biggie here obviously.

Oh dear, how about you put the condescension aside until you learn a bit more about the history of the breeds mentioned and the reasons for their banning?

The SBT had more "fighting" heritage than the other breeds cited. So the reason you gave is just more waffle.

What Megan said.

It is completely irrelevant to the legislation how i keep, train and contain my dogs. They can still do exactly what Megan has described- regardless of how responsible i am. How on earth can i and people like me be responsible for our own destiny in this situation!

So was the SBT.

Wrong again.

Oh dear, how about you put the condescension aside until you learn a bit more about the history of the breeds mentioned and the reasons for their banning?

The SBT had more "fighting" heritage than the other breeds cited. So the reason you gave is just more waffle.

The SBT, as a breed, has been never bred for the pits.

And that's a fact jack.

Be careful, do some research before you blunder on any farther.

Edit.

SBT's aren't a banned breed....yet.

Edited by steamboat

With some of the people on this thread it's like playing whack-a-mole. Smack 'em on the head with a few facts and they pop up somewhere else with another non sequitur.

What facts are you talking about?

I haven't seen many real facts here yet. If any at all.

Just a bunch of anecdotal myths for the most part..

What Megan said.

It is completely irrelevant to the legislation how i keep, train and contain my dogs. They can still do exactly what Megan has described- regardless of how responsible i am. How on earth can i and people like me be responsible for our own destiny in this situation!

I apologise.

Bad choice of words.

You are the mistress of your dogs destiny.

As I said.

Good luck.

So was the SBT.

Wrong again.

And that's a fact jack.

No kidding! Care to tell me more about the fila and dogo too?

:laugh:

sorry, but how can Cosmolo keep her dog safe (a dog that she got from a shelter who is very well behaved) if he can be seized and destroyed if she walks him down the street? Again, what do you mean? Never take your dog off your property?

What are you ACTUALLY suggesting she do?

This is a purebred forum. People advocate purebreeds. However, plenty of us have either owned mutts in the past or own them now - we don't want them PTS because of the way they look. We're not even talking about pitbulls here, or dogs that are even bullbreed crosses. Just mutts that look a certain way (eg broad head) and fit a certain weight and height category.

The dogs are from a shelter so they are probably already desexed.If not, do it.

Build a secure run & shelter in the backyard.

Not only to keep the dogs in but to keep any naughty people out.

If it means walking the dogs wearing muzzles & restricted collars?...do it.

when ever she is off her property, lock the dogs in the run.

She would know her neighbours so she would know how to keep them onside.

Do as the pure breed owners who value their dogs do. Keep them safe.

It aint rocket science.

It is actually an offense to use a restricted breed collar on a dog that is not registered as a restricted breed dog, so why would Cosmolo do that!:confused:

1350976073[/url]' post='5996112']
1350969536[/url]' post='5995953']
1350968465[/url]' post='5995926']
1350966141[/url]' post='5995876']
1350965359[/url]' post='5995863']

So was the SBT.

Wrong again.

And that's a fact jack.

Edit.

Maybe you should read up on your own breeds history as I can't understand why their clubs websites would lie

you also could stop insulting everyone and treating them like idiots, read up on the new Vic legislation and present some actual facts

It's one thing to support BSL but insulting everyone when you obviously don't have all the facts is something else. How about listening to what people are saying instead of trying to be a smart arse troll

SBTs are restricted in some areas of the US...and no, I'm not talking about amsatffs though they are too

Wtf? Did you read that, even if she complies with all restricted breed legislation, her dogs could still be seized as rego needs to be renewed every year?

What Megan said.

I apologise.

Bad choice of words.

You are the mistress of your dogs destiny.

As I said.

Good luck.

1350976073[/url]' post='5996112']
1350969536[/url]' post='5995953']
1350968465[/url]' post='5995926']
1350966141[/url]' post='5995876']
1350965359[/url]' post='5995863']

So was the SBT.

Wrong again.

And that's a fact jack.

Edit.

Maybe you should read up on your own breeds history as I can't understand why their clubs websites would lie

you also could stop insulting everyone and treating them like idiots, read up on the new Vic legislation and present some actual facts

It's one thing to support BSL but insulting everyone when you obviously don't have all the facts is something else. How about listening to what people are saying instead of trying to be a smart arse troll

SBTs are restricted in some areas of the US...and no, I'm not talking about amsatffs though they are too

I do know my breeds history. Quite well actually.

I haven't insulted anyone. Nor have I treated anyone like an idiot. Unless having a different opinion is construed as such by you & those like you.

As a matter of fact, it is more vice versa & all because I opined people with declared restricted dogs should have the onus on them to produce proof of breed instead of the councils charged with applying the legislation..

Nor do I support BSL.

Nor do I care much for those, like you, who actively support the denigration of the hard won reputations of recognised pure breeds by those who would use them as a shield to avoid a law they brought upon themselves.

You should be aiming your misguided vitriol at those who caused the BSL to implimented.

The same people who then moved the focus onto xbreeds because of their disregard for the law & subsequent denial of breed by using the xbreed defense.

Someone's post count is going up rapidly and he'll be in off-topic again soon. Can we please not feed him?

Cos, it's terrible that you're in such a nightmare situation. I guess you just have to enjoy your pups and let the future take care of itself. Not much help, huh :(

I don't think he's the other person, nor a troll. That's what worries me! What we're seeing is not too far from public opinion.

Disagree, his arguments are the same as they were many years ago. Also, on a dog lovers forum, you expect informed opinion, not the ignorance of the ill-informed general public, who form their opinions from the rubbish, sensationalist tabloids, TT & ACA.

And one more time, the Vic legislation says that if your dog has the characteristics listed on the checklist, then the ONLY way to prove that it isn't a pitbull type is to have pedigree AMSTAFF papers or a vet declaration

What ANKC papered pure breeds meet the standard that are not Amstaff's, and how many papered dogs of other breeds have been euthanised under the legislation to date from the inability to produce Amstaff papers??

Please let us know which vets are willing to declare breed, because most vets won't participate because they don't agree with the legislation.

I heard that most of the vets wouldn't participate because they weren't brave enough to put pen to paper in case "their" career was jeopardised. As long as they are ok Jack, bugger the poor dog they have the power to save, weak as water they are. So what's stopping the vets who don't agree with the legislation getting together in protest by signing them all off as Amstaff's to satisfy the legislation and save some lives??

Edited by m-sass