My Garden

gapvic

I'm proud of my garden :o . Other than a few big old trees, there was nothing here when we moved in. I've created the garden from scratch, myself. I've been out mowing and weeding today and took these photos. They are not particularly good, but I just wanted to share as I think it's starting to look really nice. It will look better in another month or so when things start to flower :)

8034975301_534a8f6638_z.jpg

8034975005_b4c898e343_z.jpg

8034974799_437e5eb2ab_z.jpg

8034974402_ef2f197f3a_z.jpg

8034974180_63cc636b20_z.jpg

How wonderful!! I just adore large mature trees ..and some of the 'old plants like your Acanthus clump :) That chimney and the building are just divine.... I am thinking of B/w photos..... :o

Some say poplars are a pain..but they make such a wonderful green screen /boundary :)

I do like that curving rose bed ..and think your clumping daisies etc are a great idea :) Pink blossom always yells "Spring", doesn't it ?

Thank you - you have a beautiful spot!!!

Beautiful gapvic, looks like your hard work is paying off, what a lovely spot :D

The gardens are one of the things I really miss from the UK, especially here in Perth - not too much gardening here in the sand :laugh:

This was one of the last places I went in the UK before moving over here, a stunning garden :)

http://www.greatdixter.co.uk/garden/

Beautiful gapvic, looks like your hard work is paying off, what a lovely spot :D

The gardens are one of the things I really miss from the UK, especially here in Perth - not too much gardening here in the sand :laugh:

This was one of the last places I went in the UK before moving over here, a stunning garden :)

http://www.greatdixter.co.uk/garden/

You need to visit the hills CC, plenty of gardens up here. Have a look at the Open Garden website for WA.

Thanks everyone :) !

Drumbeat, they are crab apples (Malus Floribunda) - I've planted a pair that lead into the orchard (you can see the orchard behind them in the pics). They are beautiful.

PossumCorner, that little building we believe used to be a dairy. There are original wooden shingles under the tin roof. This building, and the bluestone house, were built in the early 1870s. There was another building but all that remains is a large bluestone chimney. I've spoken with relatives of the family who first settled here and their family history says that a house here burnt down, so I'm guessing that there was a weatherboard building attached to the chimney at some stage. We also have a lovely old shed with cobbled floor and a manger that runs along the length of it :) .

The bluestone house is only small - it is currently two rooms, but at some stage there was a second internal wall that has been removed. Amazing to think that a large family of eight squeezed into such a small cottage.

I've not been to Lavandula but the photos I've seen of it look just beautiful. I don't think we're too far from you - we're down at Redesdale, about half an hour south of Bendigo.