14mnth Female Desexed Loving Nature Malamute Needing Home.

A family friend has contacted me to ask for help/ advice rehoming her son's dog. She was upset as they all love the dog.

The owner is serving in Afghanistan and his elderly grandmother has been looking after the dog, she already has her own dog and is finding it hard to care for the 2.

His wife was looking after the dog but she has fallen ill and had to move in with relatives and cannot have the dog there.

Everyone else in the family has dogs and cannot take another in. They are decent people and have tried their best to come up with a solution.

The dog is loved and well cared for, she is a 14 month desexed female Malamute. She is toilet trained and walks well on lead and is good with children.

I asked if she is good with other dogs and was told that she is BUT she dominates the beagle whom she shares a house with at the moment.

They have not fought but the Malamute demands a lot of affection and will dominate the Beagle sometimes. I suggest she goes to a household where she is the only dog.

Apparently she is great on lead and does not jump up or get overly hyper etc...

I have not met her but she is located in Parramatta.

I explained to them do not advertise FTGH or surrender her as she can be pts quickly.

They said they will not surrender or give FTGH as they really do care about her and are rehoming her to give her a better life - they have good intentions.

If you know anyone who may be looking for a Malamute or can suggest anything please do.

Thanks heaps :)

Mel

Edited by MelissaS

A family friend has contacted me to ask for help/ advice rehoming her son's dog. She was upset as they all love the dog.

The owner is serving in Afghanistan and his elderly grandmother has been looking after the dog, she already has her own dog and is finding it hard to care for the 2.

His wife was looking after the dog but she has fallen ill and had to move in with relatives and cannot have the dog there.

Everyone else in the family has dogs and cannot take another in. They are decent people and have tried their best to come up with a solution.

The dog is loved and well cared for, she is a 14 month desexed female Malamute. She is toilet trained and walks well on lead and is good with children.

I asked if she is good with other dogs and was told that she is BUT she dominates the beagle whom she shares a house with at the moment.

They have not fought but the Malamute demands a lot of affection and will dominate the Beagle sometimes. I suggest she goes to a household where she is the only dog.

Apparently she is great on lead and does not jump up or get overly hyper etc...

I have not met her but she is located in Parramatta.

I explained to them do not advertise FTGH or surrender her as she can be pts quickly.

They said they will not surrender or give FTGH as they really do care about her and are rehoming her to give her a better life - they have good intentions.

If you know anyone who may be looking for a Malamute or can suggest anything please do.

Thanks heaps :)

Mel

Has the owner decided to rehome or is the family doing this without the owner's knowledge? Have they gone to the Dept Defence to ask for assistance? After all, the owner should not have to rehome his/her dog just because they've been sent overseas.

The owner in Afghanistan has asked his family (mother and grandmother) to rehome her.

They are rehoming the dog for MANY reasons. They have had many personal problems and the owners wife has suffered a serious breakdown.

The dog is not just being rehomed because he is OS.

The dog cannot stay with the elderly grandmother and THE OWNER asked her to be rehomed, he cannot take the dog when he returns. I was told they will be living in a small unit.

The family has had many problems and serious health issues.

They have been shuffling the dog between family homes but this cannot continue and the dog needs more attention than they are able to give it. They feel the dog deserves more.

I am simply trying to help them so the dog isn't given FTGH or surrendered. I thought of DOL.

The owner who is in Afghanistan was the primary carer and provider for the dog. His wife has recently had a baby and fell ill, she needed help so has moved from QLD to NSW into a very crowded family house with 2 territorial large female dogs. Under no circumstances can the Malamute be there.

I have not met the owner only his mother who is a friend of my Dad. She is a caring lady trying as best she can to rehome this dog to a decent home. They have basically got stuck with the dog and are trying to do the right thing with limited knowledge.

She gave me her word she won't give FTGH or surrender.

They are family friends and asked me what to do and how to rehome. They are unsure what the best steps are.

I have emailed and left a voice messae and sent a text with Barb's info from above.

Good on you Melissa, hope the dog finds a nice new home. Thank god for people that care about dogs :)

Well said.

Thank you :)

I have passed Barb's info from above, I hope they will contact her.

The dog sounds really lovely. Paws and fingers crossed :)