When They Love You So Much It Hurts....

MadWoofter

I've been tripped up, by a puppy chasing a leaf. Had a few fingers bruised by leashes. Had a bruised nose from a head bump, and a few scratches from nails.

Nothing else really. That's not bad for thiry or so years with large dogs. Sprained an ankle once steppping in a hole on a walk, but hard to blame that on the dogs.

Edited by Diva

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest donatella

Mine are too small to hurt me, the worst i've done is fall onto my knee when I first got the puppy and tripped over outside trying to catch her and get the bone off her as it was dark and time to come inside, she didn't think so!

Oh Maui's favourite game is to jump on the back of my knees coming down the stairs, I swear hes trying to kill me!!

Almost broken nose from leaning down and him jumping up for "kisses".

Oh yes, the hicky on my boob.... Husband lying down on couch, I was lying down on front/on top of him watching TV.. He starting poking and tickling, I squeal, Maui runs over and trys to get involved (its a game we have, hes too funny) and he accidently nipped my boob! Yeah, that hurt. He was so apologetic afterwards,...

Lost count the amount of times he has jumped on hubbys nuts.. heheh

Face bitey :eek: :laugh:

The other funny thing about my bitey face girl Aussie 3 is that she is an overshot girl, so it's like being kissed with someone with buck teeth, all you feel are these little front top teeth as they stick out further than the rest lol. It was our saviour when she was little, before she learn't some manners & used to launch herself at your face with excitment :)

Edited by BC Crazy

I have a maremma bitch who ran up behind me and hit me in the back of the legs and skittled me like a ten pin and my ankle went pop.My washing went all over the place covered i dirt . One of my sons saw it and standing with his mouth open I was yelling at the dog and said to the kid [ about 16 at the time] come and help me up .'Not me' he said 'that brown snake is still too close to you yet. The dog knocked me down to stop me from walking into the snake and was now between me and the snake telling it to move on.

i have had a similar experience but was tripped by Caspers front legs wrapping themselves around my legs...

i have also been headbutted in sheer canine exhuberence (sp???)... then said dog was totally over come by the copious amounts of blood gushing from my nose and wanted to lick it all better...

lordy how i love them..

H

:rofl: I was knocked out cold by my dog many many years ago - I bent down to fill his water bowl, he jumped, hit me in the mouth/nose/face I fell back hitting my head on the garden edge - Out Cold......awoke to him licking my face.

When I finally gathered my legs I went inside and got a fright when I looked at My Swollen/Bruised/Bloody face, :eek: so I call a girlfriend

Hi Lilly, can you come over I have cut my Lips which sounded more like wipps and might need you to drive me to the Doctor... ( She thought I said I had cut my Wrists) poor woman arrived within minutes with a bag full of bandages. 40 years later we still laugh about it :)

I liken greyhound heads to an " anvil ". Made of steel and pointy at one end. Stan ran into one of the supports under my deck doing a zoomie once and shook the foundations so you can imagine the pain of a headbut, which I have had a few. The worst was when I had a tattoo done on my foot earlier this year and Stan leapt of the lounge and his huge kangaroo toes gouged straight through it. I had only had it done that morning, I thought I was going to pass out.

Ouch !! stans mum, I don't have any tattoo's but I'm thinking that would have been extremely painful.

Edited by BC Crazy

We taught Barney 'kiss' which is where he just uses his nose/mouth to smudge against your cheek. Well he likes to do it when you're tying your shoelaces, picking something up, on the ground doing exercises, and sleeping. If he's really excited you cop a nice hard one in the eye. He gives them freely if you don't want one, but tells you off (woos) if you ask for one. :shrug:

Wow... :laugh: :laugh: I thought I was the only silly owner to cop one in the nose by my boy!!!

Good to see I am not alone :D ......must tell the hubby. The dogs was in his bad books after giving me black eyes.

He too walks around with his hands cupped down low :rofl:

I had a front tooth chipped when someone decided to fling themselves (all 20kg) into my loving arms from the stairs!

By far my worst was the heart girl when she was just a cute little puppy playing a game of chase and running around and around my feet while I was carrying a basket of washing to the line. I didn't want to stand on her so fell onto the concrete and ended up with an abcess on the base of my spine that eventually started leaking, resulted in several lots of surgery and ultimately damaged about a third of my core muscles so I will become incontinent from both ends as I age! I'm sure she will still adore me if I stink of my own urine!

I had a front tooth chipped when someone decided to fling themselves (all 20kg) into my loving arms from the stairs!

By far my worst was the heart girl when she was just a cute little puppy playing a game of chase and running around and around my feet while I was carrying a basket of washing to the line. I didn't want to stand on her so fell onto the concrete and ended up with an abcess on the base of my spine that eventually started leaking, resulted in several lots of surgery and ultimately damaged about a third of my core muscles so I will become incontinent from both ends as I age! I'm sure she will still adore me if I stink of my own urine!

OMG Puppy Sniffer this is serious damage! I have definitely recovered my empathy this morning and may stick with toy breeds for the rest of my life after reading this thread.

My best are from other peoples dogs when working at kennels

Greyhound - bent down to pat him

As he jumped up. Doc was amazed my nose wasn't broken. Saw stars and nose was sore for months

2 weeks after he got me, a boxer did the same thing!! Hurt 100 times more than the first time!!

Another time I went to get a bull terrier out of her run, I bent down to put a lead on her and she jumped and smashed the door on my head. Blood everywhere, stars again, worst headache for days but only a small cut!!

Funniest I have had with my own dogs was with mum when I was away.

She was looking after atlas for me, walking around the yard when he stopped moving... She didnt see him and kept going...

Stuffed her arm so bad that years later she still has issued, they keep talking about an operation but hasn't happened yet, she thought she broke her hip but X-rays were clear, couldn't move for weeks.

Poor mum :laugh:

Wow, my injuries are quite mild compared to that!

I've been headbutted several times when bending down, my nose was the worst hit and it's never been the same since. :laugh: I had a decent scratch right near my eye, which was a close call, and a few instances of being tripped up (but no major damage done!).

OMG ! Thats very serious stuff. Hope you are OK now.

The other funny thing about my bitey face girl Aussie 3 is that she is an overshot girl, so it's like being kissed with someone with buck teeth, all you feel are these little front top teeth as they stick out further than the rest lol. It was our saver when she was little, before she learn't some manners & used to launch herself at your face with excitment :)

:laugh: Lili used to run from wherever she was and launch at our faces too when she was little :eek:

The other funny thing about my bitey face girl Aussie 3 is that she is an overshot girl, so it's like being kissed with someone with buck teeth, all you feel are these little front top teeth as they stick out further than the rest lol. It was our saver when she was little, before she learn't some manners & used to launch herself at your face with excitment :)

:laugh: Lili used to run from wherever she was and launch at our faces too when she was little :eek:

Same Aussie3, When Stella was younger she could be up the yard somewhere & I could be putting shoes on at the back door & she'd run flat out & launch herself at your face with her mouth open :eek:

Mine was bending down to stop my whippet pup from jumping as she'd just been speyed the day before... And my 6yr old whippet flew up and connected with my eye. She had a massive bump on her head ... And I had...

8058527091_94be0e0549_z.jpg

This was taken about an hour after impact! Worst thing was I had my work Xmas party a week later and it still looked as fresh as the day it happened!

MnDM

I decided to get 'land rollers' (roller blades) and let my dogs tow me (2 x jack russells). First day out, went up the street, on a very very slight hill.

Started to head back home, my husband yelled 'go go go' (which is the command for run,which was the plan for them to run) I thought hubby was going to catch me. I fell as they were running too fast and cracked my tailbone.

Xrays, pain killers and a week off work. Worst part was I had a video camera on my helmet so have it all on film.

Haven't been back on my $200 land rollers since.