Colour-max Coat Supplement For Dogs

Hi, I have a beautiful little Chocolate Roan baby Cocker (15 weeks)

have been told in time her colour will fade

so I was wondering about this product and if anyone has used it and if it is any good?

Colour-Max Coat Supplement for Dogs

I havn't used that one, but Livamol is excellent for brown/chocolate type dogs & is quite cheap @ $29 for two kilos. For a 20 kilo dog, you sprinkle 1 tablespoon on their food once a day & they don't mind the taste.

Edited by sheena

Another is Ironcyclen (also helps with winter nose). But MOST important is, as Becks said, to keep her out of the sun. Brown coats are more prone to sunburn and fading than other colours.

:rofl: mine hate livamol and won't eat anything that has had it added too and I wasn't giving anywhere near a tablespoon.

Most of mine aren't keen on it either so I figured out a sneaky way to get it into their food.

Several nights a week, they get a chicken frame stuffed with mince and then frozen- so, measure out livamol, mix it through a couple of small bits of mince, pack it into the chicken frame along with normal mince and then freeze. Freezing it seems to cut down the smell a fair bit and because the livamol is hidden on the inside along with normal mince, they don't seem to notice it. Failing that, a small ball of lamb/roo mince blend (roo smells very strong so covers it well) and them smear a dab of peanut butter on it for a few days until they get the idea that the mince isn't going to kill them.

As a last resort, I bake it into dog cookies but I have no idea if this damages the fats beyond the point of making it useless :shrug: Something to look into, when I have more time.