Food Bowls That Are Up Off The Ground

MadWoofter

My mum needs to get a food bowl for her greyhound that is elevated off the ground. She can't put a normal bowl up on a stand as the dog just knocks (and licks) it off.

I'm doing some searching on pet websites for her, but thought I'd ask here if anyone has used one, and got any recommendations?

Thanks

My boxer was licking/pushing his stainless steel bowl off whatever we'd put it on....until we used a tatty old crate! Because the edges are a tiny bit raised, it's enough to keep the bowl on there as it has a thin lip around the bottom of the bowl - cheapest solution ever!

We had tried the one that is a stand with 2 bowl holders, but it moved around too much and he got a bit spooked by that

We cut the top off a large witches hat (the type roadworkers use) until it fit the bowl. Could also look at cheap pot planters or make one out of wood if you're clever - basically anything that can hold the bowl without moving around. I wouldn't buy one as most aren't good enough quality for the price.

Please let us know what they end up with.

Have you tried putting a sticky mat under the bowl to stop it sliding? I do that for nervous dogs that don't like the sound of metal on concrete.

We cut the top off a large witches hat (the type roadworkers use) until it fit the bowl. Could also look at cheap pot planters or make one out of wood if you're clever - basically anything that can hold the bowl without moving around. I wouldn't buy one as most aren't good enough quality for the price.

Please let us know what they end up with.

Oh that's a good idea. I happen to know where there are a lot of witches hats laying around if you need one *cough*

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Inka I love those ones, but mum wants something that will be unobtrusive & fit in with the decor. She doesn't want much :rofl:

I think she's going to go with something similar to what griff posted up - something made of wire / steel.

I've told her to take her fussy requirements and get it custom made :)

Hehe yeah I love them and their beds too, I met the guy who makes them at one of the markets down here, and he was lovely :) Sadly my pup barely eats anything so I just feed her using a kong and the dining station would be wasted :(