Man-made Chemicals Giving Our Pets Cancer

trinabean

anyone who this lady is?

tell her to contact this firm. http://engeneic.com/

They can tell her which vets they supply.

they are at Lane Cove and they supply a nearby vet with their product. They have had complete recovery achieved in last stage Lymphoma affected dogs.

the same technology has now completly destroyed all trace of brain cancer tumurs as well. I was at their last presentation on reasearch results. Their work is now been passed for human trials finally. As one oncologists said to a friend whos father was being referred to treatment, "I cant wait for the day this is the first line of defence instead of the last."

Jenny and Himanshu are AMAZING and totally dedicated.

EDV mediated drug delivery

EnGeneIC has invented methods by which a range of different chemotherapeutic drugs (cytotoxic as well as molecularly targeted) with differing structure, charge, hydrophobicity, and solubility, such as doxorubicin, paclitaxol, irinotecan, 5-fluorouracil, cisplatin, carboplatin, gemcitabine, vinblastine, and monastrol can be readily packaged within the EDVs. EDVs can then be targeted to a specific cancer cell by attachment of a bispecific antibody. One end of the bispecific antibody attaches to the EDV and the other end is available for binding to a surface receptor expressed by the cancer cell (See schematic above). Once delivered inside the cell via endocytosis the EDVs are broken down in the late endosomes and the chemotherapeutic drugs released into the cytoplasm, where they are taken up by the nucleus. The drugs have been shown to remain bioactive and to be cytotoxic to the targeted cells.

In-vivo therapeutic efficacy of bispecific antibody-targeted, drug-packaged EDVs has been evaluated in many human tumour xenograft experiments in mice.

Treatment of human cancers implanted in mice

Cancer receptor-targeted, drug-packaged EDV's

- highly significant tumour stabilizatoin / regression

11 mice per group.

5 x 108 EGFR-targeted, paclitatxel-packaged EDVs per dose.

Free paclitaxel was administered at 400,000 nanograms per dose.

Each EDV dose carried 50 nanograms of paclitaxel

- 8,000 fold lower than free paclitaxel

These results are described in the three published papers. Essentially, all EDV-based therapeutics tested in different human tumour xenografts gave rise to a dramatic anti-tumour effects compared to various control treatments.

Targeted Drug Delivery

Gene Silencing

Canine Cancers

P

Edited by asal

My eight year old GWP is battling Lymphoma. He runs in a very large yard - where I sprayed Glyphosate around the shrubs, every year of his life. I am wondering if there is a connection, or if his grief, after losing his brother two years ago, may have caused his demise.

Asal do you mean the pet owner in the article? No, but she lives in the USA and the rest of the article is about US research too. I found the article on Australia's ABC online, just thought it was an interesting one to share.

Gwp4me I'm sorry to hear about your dogs' battle with lymphoma. :(

I too have used glyphosate in my yard, this certainly has me reconsidering though.

1349873050[/url]' post='5982091']

My eight year old GWP is battling Lymphoma. He runs in a very large yard - where I sprayed Glyphosate around the shrubs, every year of his life. I am wondering if there is a connection, or if his grief, after losing his brother two years ago, may have caused his demise.

unlikely. Glyphosate is the world's most widely used at chemical. It is among the most heavily tested, and in the USA they tested on dogs. I have a vineyard and could not break even without herbicides . . . I did a lot of checking...and couldnt pin much on glyphosate.