Anivac Ecowash

mossbank

I'm looking for member feedback on the Anivac cleaning system for dogs (also used for horses and whelping areas etc.)

I want to purchase one but haven't seen one in action and want to know whether they are as good as they say before I outlay $1500.

Please give both positive and negative points.

Hi Mossbank, are you referring to these http://anivacfirst.com/ecowash.html?

Where do you live? Someone actually came to my place and provided a demonstration. The noise is like a loud vacuum and it basically "sucks" the dirt and loose hairs. My dogs are fine with loud noises such as fireworks and lawnmovers and vacuum cleaners, but I think because the anivac eco wash was right next to them, they freaked out because of the noise. The demonstrator kept say, the dogs will be fine, they will get use to the sound and will love it.

I decided to give it a miss, I didn't not want to freak my dogs out and thought bath time shoul be an enjoyable experience.

I think if your dogs are ok with the noise, it might be worthwhile, although I am not sure if there are long term effects with regards to the sucking action on the skin and coat. Hopefully someone else who has one and able to use on their dogs will be able to provide feedback.

Good luck.

regards

KK Team

Thanks KK I appreciate your comments.

I am really keen for some more feedback....ANYONE?????

My dogs are Labs and so aren't timid but all the same there are some who don't like thunder.

The 11ft hose at least means the dogs don't have to be right next to the unit.

I was also told by the rep that it doesn't vacuum up a lot of hair as when the hair gets wet it clumps.

It does loosen dead hair which can be brushed out when dry.

I wouldn't be without mine - I haven't used my hydrobath for years. It not only washes the dog but dries the dog at the same time. The beauty of the unit is that you can anivac the dog in the house as no water leaves the unit or the dog onto the surrounding area so you could even anivac the dog on your best carpet without any worries. All my dogs are fine with it but in saying that it is very noisy. The unit itself is noisy but it comes with a much longer hose than a normal vacuum cleaner so you can anivac the dog about 10 to 12 feet away from the unit. The scary part for dogs is the sucking noise coming from the nozzle which is quite intense so you need to condition your dog by starting at the back end away from the ears. When using the vac near the ears we always close off the ear canal with our hands so the noise doesn't go right into the ear - so that makes vacuuming a two person job - one to vacuum and one to hold the dog and ears closed. I always reward my dogs after the vac. with a treat and now they all line up to be vacuumed - I don't have even one dog that is scared of the unit. Perhaps for timid dogs who decide they are petrified of the noise the unit may not be useful, but I haven't had any issues using the vac. and it does a great job. The dogs look like they've had a bath. As well as using the vac for cleaning the dog it is a wonderful mess cleaner - if you have vomit or loose stool accidents it is wonderful. You can vacuum the carpet and what it cleans up in the way of dirt from a carpet is marvelous.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Shepherd Lover

I wouldn't be without mine - I haven't used my hydrobath for years. It not only washes the dog but dries the dog at the same time. The beauty of the unit is that you can anivac the dog in the house as no water leaves the unit or the dog onto the surrounding area so you could even anivac the dog on your best carpet without any worries. All my dogs are fine with it but in saying that it is very noisy. The unit itself is very noisy but it comes with a much longer hose than a normal vacuum cleaner so you can anivac the dog about 10 to 12 feet away from the unit. The scary part for dogs is the sucking noise coming from the nozzle which is quite intense so you need to condition your dog by starting at the back end away from the ears. When using the vac near the ears we always close off the ear canal with our hands so the noise doesn't go right into the ear - so that makes vacuuming a two person job - one to vacuum and one to hold the dog and ears closed. I always reward my dogs after the vac. with a treat and now they all line up to be vacuumed - I don't have even one dog that is scared of the unit. Perhaps for timid dogs who decide they are petrified of the noise the unit may not be useful, but I haven't had any issues using the vac. and it does a great job. The dogs look like they've had a bath. As well as using the vac for cleaning the dog it is a wonderful mess cleaner - if you have vomit or loose stool accidents it is wonderful. You can vacuum the carpet and what it cleans up in the way of dirt from a carpet is marvelous.

Hope this helps.

I appreciate your comments and have 'bitten the bullet' and ordered one!

Hopefully in future if anyone asks I can give this product glowing reports.

I actually spoke to a dog groomer who has one in her business and she was honest and realistic.

I have made my purchase and will post a comment when I've tried it :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've got an Anivac. I bought mine second hand. I had a few issues with the pump but the company that sold it sorted it out for me at the Canberra Royal last year. :thumbsup: I think it does a great job, but yes it does make a loud sucking noise. Some of my dogs are fine with it and really enjoy it. A couple of the others are taking a while to convince......these dogs also hate the normal vaccuum doing the floor anywhere near them though.

S