New Dog Show

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a waste of time, the girl will never be a strong enough leader for those 2 dogs and it will end badly.

The poor husky being kept in a concrete yard.

The scene with the cat was horrible, how much longer were they going to let the dogs attack it for the camara, the couple were in the background on the verandah watching, wtf!

Watching the dogs work was great, but really didn't address the reality.

The alpha roll wasn't great to watch either.

As far as I saw with the cat the owners were inside and the wife came outside as the dogs neared the veranda and immediately intervened. And Huskies can be kept in relatively small areas as long as they get the required exercise and mental stimulation. That light tan larger dog Kim had will cause some problems I think, it's a very strong dog for her.

Yes the owners wife did come out and stop the attack, but if you looked there was a really brief shot during the attack of the house where they were both stood watching, it then went back to the attack,i think they were just in shot as the cat ran that way.

Just an excuse to see different trainers in different places really.

Lets give 2 idiots well trained dogs to work with instead of lets teach them how to deal with their dogs, and rehome them!

I wouldn't give him a husky to live like that.

I watched a few minutes of the segment in Australia but had to turn it off. Great watching the dogs working but kimberley's screaming and crying was a total turn off. It would have been better if that had just been about the working dogs. Just yet ANOTHER bloody reality tv show. How many more do we have to put up with.

Edited by raz

Guest lavendergirl

I thought it was interesting but I don't know how it would help those two people in their own home situations - that Husky around the baby made me very nervous. Also it was disgusting how they let that poor cat be attacked :mad

Are you saying that people with Huskies shouldn't have children? If people train, exercise and give their husky a proper outlet it shouldn't be an issue.

I agree about the cat, I rewatched it and saw the just looking...that is the general attitude of a lot of working dog trainer sand owners I know though, kinda lackadaisical. Poor kitteh

Edited by mixeduppup

I didn't mention the children, i said his whole setup.

No way would i give any active breed to a family with a tiny house with a concrete courtyard, and first time dog owner.

Its why so many breeds end up in the pound, wrong dog for situation.

Guest lavendergirl

Are you saying that people with Huskies shouldn't have children? If people train, exercise and give their husky a proper outlet it shouldn't be an issue.

I agree about the cat, I rewatched it and saw the just looking...that is the general attitude of a lot of working dog trainer sand owners I know though, kinda lackadaisical. Poor kitteh

Thats kind of the point isn't it? That dog had none of that.

I have no idea if people with Huskies should have children - undoubtedly many shouldn't, like any group in society. I am saying that I would not trust any dog with such a tiny baby.

Guest lavendergirl

But the whole point was that he was giving the husky what it needed by the end of the show and the dog looked much more relaxed and obedient.

Yes but I was commenting on the dog's behaviour and that it should not be trusted around the baby before all that happened :confused: