New Dog Show

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watch the two episodes on abc2's website. I think it's probably the best dog show I've seen on TV in a long time.

I absolutley agree that your general leadership skills have more of an effect on your dogs than we expect and it does come easier to some people. We've had ongoing dog to dog aggression issues in our house for years and really pulling together our leadership skills has made probably the biggest difference regarding this and our overall control of our lot. And this is a house that is responsible and owners that actively and regularly train with their dogs.

Not being doormats anymore (something none of us had relised we'd slipped into the habit of so much) has made a huge difference. And nothing we've changed has been overly aversive to the dogs, there are no alpha rolls or the like but things like ignoring them when we get home, getting them to move if they are in the way and not giving them all the free love they ask for has improved their recall, self control, greetings and alert barking aswell as improved the tormented 14 year old cats life that has the joy of living in a house of 4 dogs including 2 young, rambunctious working dogs who like to think he is there purely for their entertainment.

Quinn is particularly fast to take advantage of me when she can and it's probably the thing that has caused most the issues I've come up against with her. So yes, I think that episode was totally relavent to their issues at home.

I like the show - it shows dogs in a positive light, placing the blame fair on owners shoulders. It't tackling the big issues facing dogs in society right now. It will hopefully continue to impress me.

I finally watched this show tonight showing 2 Brits going to South Africa & working with a Poaching tracking team. I really did think the boss was about to pack the Princess up & send her back home after 36hrs of being there. All she did was bitch about cleaning out the kennels & making sure the dogs had were fed & watered. But when they got out into the African bush & the boss got right into her face Wooo what a wake up call for her, she ended up doing ok being assertive & showing the dog she was boss.

The young fella was a little over the top, but also had the matt pulled out from underneath him. I think it is quite a good show :D

I am enjoying it too, although after watching the USA ( or was it Canada?) dogs last week, i wasn't as impressed with the trainers this week, check chains that looked too long, and more yanking dogs around than getting them to repond to you.

Its been good to see so many Malanois working too. what alot of dog they are!

Saw last nights ep in Sth Africa.

She was such a princess and he was full of him self to start with.

BB

hey BB I agree, the brit was Full of himself that went with the Princess. Sometimes you do have to be cruel to be kind to get through these thickheaded kids :)

I love love love this show! Hope they release the series on DVD :)

Yes me too seeing as I've forgotten to watch every single show except one. How does one find out?

you can watch the previous two episodes on abc iview, I've watched them all that way, I always seem to be on the phone on Wednesday nights and just watched the SAfrican episode this morning. Interesting program. but on facebook there is a huge back last re the first episode at the Lost Dogs Home about how inappropriate it was to make the girl see a dog put down. Does anyone feel that there seems to be more badly behaved dogs because there are more badly behaved kids today, spoilt with no discipline and expected everything on a plate. Ok putting fire suit on.

you can watch the previous two episodes on abc iview, I've watched them all that way, I always seem to be on the phone on Wednesday nights and just watched the SAfrican episode this morning. Interesting program. but on facebook there is a huge back last re the first episode at the Lost Dogs Home about how inappropriate it was to make the girl see a dog put down. Does anyone feel that there seems to be more badly behaved dogs because there are more badly behaved kids today, spoilt with no discipline and expected everything on a plate. Ok putting fire suit on.

your not wrong about the firesuit going on Fairlea, you are right about the bloody brats these days. sorry but I bought my 2 legged kids up the old way "You want something, go out & work for it, you want respect, earn it"

Edited by murve

Am getting sick of seeing episodes showing Belgians actually doing something USEFUL :laugh: .

Tried to make our Belgian watch the Canadian episode last week and the South African one this week. Sadly, she insisted on being fast asleep and snoring her way through both, so I guess she won't be taking down terrorists or catching poachers any time soon. **sigh** Can't expect much else from a Groenendael I guess ... :D and she IS nearly 13 years old, so I guess we can let her away with just being a fluffy household ornament these days LOL

Wasn't she just a major PITA!! And I'm sorry, despite all the hoopla and congratulations afterwards about what a "great job" she did at the animal actors show at the movie studio, I thought she sucked LOL. I'm quite sure that dog would have (and could have) done the whole thing on his own if one of the other trainers had just started him off in the right direction!

Love this show, have been taping it and then watching it on a Saturday or Sunday night (nights where I have nothing to watch because Neighbours isn't on :o ). But then again, I usually love any show that is dog training related! An exception to that being The Dog Whisperer *rollyeyes*

I looooved the episode where they went to Canada with the military dogs, thought it was brilliant, the dogs were amazing :thumbsup:

And I did really like the one in Aus at the Lost Dogs Home, very sad, however I hope many potential BYB's were watching closely. I will show that ep. if and when anyone I know decides it will be a great idea to breed their dog.

But I did think the most recent episode in Hollywood was quite boring...don't know why, just did. What do you guys think?

I actually turned over last night, i couldn't bear to watch any more of the boarding ranch with too many dogs loose together, and then being shut in tiny crates all night.

They trained the dogs to sit by pushing them down aswell.

I got frutrated and watched A Nights Tale instead. :laugh:

I actually turned over last night, i couldn't bear to watch any more of the boarding ranch with too many dogs loose together, and then being shut in tiny crates all night.

They trained the dogs to sit by pushing them down aswell.

I got frutrated and watched A Nights Tale instead. :laugh:

I know, I was quite alarmed by how they were running that boarding / "training" place :eek: I wondered whether the apparent celebrity clients knew what the place was like.