Warning - Crackle Heads Cuz Toys Can Be A Choke Hazard

Tilly

My boys love their Cuz squeaky toys and they also love to chew on softdrink bottles so I thought they would love the "Crackle Heads Cuz".

The boys were given their new Cuz squeakies and Crackle Heads Cuz the other day and they were played with on and off over the next day ... the following morning after their breakfast the youngest was chewing the Crackle Heads Cuz. I went inside before coming out again now long after to investigate a coughing, choking noise and the distressed cries from one of the dogs ... only to find my youngest choking.

Thankfully I was able to remove the obstruction and he was fine ...

It was the plastic "crackle" inside the Crackle Heads Cuz that he was choking on. The boys had chewed on them which resulted in the insert becoming flat and smaller in size. The spacing in the rubber sides then allowed the now smaller insert to come out of the ball ...

post-1668-0-59026500-1350010630_thumb.jpg

I have alway loved the Cuz range of toys as they do last with chewy dogs ...

I think maybe the other version of the "Crackle Head Ball" looks safer as there looks to be smaller gaps in the sides but I would definately think twice before giving them another.

post-1668-0-25572200-1350010980_thumb.jpg

I bought my dog a Cracklehead two months ago. She loves balls and loves crunching plastic bottles. But she has only just started to pick it up in the last week or so. It had a really strong smell so I had left it outside to air. I'll make sure now to supervise her with this toy if she really gets into it.