What Do Your Dogs Do To Make You Smile?

kitkatswing

You know that time, when they do something little or big and it melts your heart and makes you smile so wide?? What has your dog done to cause this for you???

For me, it was when I sneezed 4 times in a row in the lounge room, I then heard the thundering (10kgs worth) of Maui come running from where ever he was to jump all over me with great concern in his eyes. He must of thought I was dying! It was just too cute :)

Baxter does house zoomies, he gets so excited when he comes in of an evening that he zooms his little chunky self all over the house with a loud pant going, he looks and sound insane.

Whenever my sister comes over Ammo tries to walk between her legs, she's shorter and than he is tall and it always ends up with her squealing and having one leg up in the air and him with a silly grin.

Maybe will pick up her toy and will beg the other dogs to throw it for her.

Torque is a real toy hog and when Maybe isn't looking Torque will take all her toys and hide them being the rabbit cage, Maybe runs around like an idiot for ages looking for them but she never realises that Torque always puts them in the same place...

Telly mum's dog will scream to get attention, she sounds like a little girl and she'll smile while she's doing it. You'll be patting another dog and all of the sudden this high pitched scream and smiling dog is beside you. She's a freak lol

Too cute!

Marlo makes me smile for a million reasons but one that comes to mind is that he insists on squeezing/wedging himself between me and whatever I am standing next to. If I am preparing dinner he will jam himself between my legs and the cupboard in an effort to get through the gap. He hasn't learnt to just go round!

I love these threads. Great idea for a dragging Friday afternoon.

Every morning without fail Onyx will get up onto my bed for cuddles. These involve him laying down on top of me and staring at me; however the sweetness usually only lasts about two minutes before he will launch into a full face licking attack.

He has never done it to my OH even if I'm not there, it is a ritual just for us. :heart:

the "elusive circle shape" where he tucks his nose under his tail when he curls up... our house isn't cold enough to warrant much of this

or when he sleeps human style with his head on the pillow

when he lets me baby cuddle him

when he 'sneaks' a toy off me and prances around the room

when he plays 'where's D-!?' with such enthusiasm I swear he puts his back out (this is where he lays facing away from me and upon asking the question he rolls over and kisses me)

My girl Stella is a very affectionate girl. She is a tail wager, when she wags it her whole butt gets going & she smiles at the same time. it wouldn't matter if she hadn't seen you all day or if she just

saw you 30 seconds ago, you still get the same greeting. But what just tops the whole thing off is that she is a toy sucker & has been since the day I got her at 12 weeks old. So you also get a soggy, wet "Pete"

the pelican (her favourite toy) shoved in your face, Nice!! :laugh: She is she a sweet girl, she makes me smile all the time :)

I laugh at her a million times a day, but what gets to me most is when my Border Terrier pup tries desperately to catch my eye if she's lying on the bed or the sofa next to me and wants a very up-close cuddle - I can't resist for long, then it's no holds barred with the lickey face! She's got eye-catching down to a fine art!

KAos has had Zero the almost one year old cat annoying her all day, he has been following her around pouncing on her and trying to catch her tail.

Just walked out and she has the problem solved. Is sitting on him :laugh:

He seems very happy there so im leaving them to it

My two make me smile everyday :) I just went downstairs to get some dog meat out of the freezer in the laundry and I have about half a dozen stuffed toys sitting on a chair next to the washing machine to wash. Stan's face appeared around the corner and he carefully grabbed a large stuffed kangaroo and tiptoed up the stairs looking at me through the window. When I called out OI what have you got he took off like a rat up a drainpipe :laugh:

He is who he is... Zig has quite simply been my saviour..

For those who don't know, we lost my husband and our 14 year old Stafford within 3 weeks of each other last October..

The house was so quiet, so I decided to foster, while picking up our first foster, we met Ziggy.. We bought him home as a keeper and we have had our trials but on the whole, he has helped all of us so much...

He is a complete fool and has a very staffy personality (he is a cross of some sort but mostly looks like a big staffy)...

I always thought I would get another purebred when Ollie left us but it didn't work out that way.

I will have another purebred one day but for now I am very happy with my current boofhead..

They made me smile this morning when I looked at the queue lined up at the door all waiting patiently in turn to have their feet dried off with the towel, even the baby puppy. :)

It made me think of the woman at the German Shepherd Club who had said to me "Cavaliers don't have much between their ears"! Yeah right.