How Many In Your Bed?

Blackdogs

How many dogs do you have on your bed of a night time? It used to be socially unacceptable once upon a time, but I notice more and more people are doing it, these days. Every night when I go to bed I'm accompanied by a Kelpie, a Schipperke and a cat. In a queen sized bed, I find this quite manageable most of the time, but I have heard of some people having multiple giant breeds on their bed.

All together, I share with about 34kg of animal if you add them all up. Who do you share with and what is the collective weight? Who will win the battle of slumbering bulk?

I think we'll need pictorial evidence, for those who have it. ;)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 x English Mastiff, 3 - 4 x Shar Pei and at least 2 cats. (Queen Bed) . I do doggy yoga to go to sleep. I insist on the middle bit of the bed so I don't get kicked out. embarrass.gif

Depending on who's on the bed about 150+kg not including me.

Edited by Ams

:laugh:

well its me my husband and our 2 koolies who are about 40kg together they tend to hog the middle of the bed and the sheets :o some nights i make them get off so i can have a normal sleep :laugh:

oh and its a king size bed

Edited by dandybrush

I was just thinking about this some more and realised it was only when I became 'single' that the dogs moved onto my bed permanently.

Ollie dog always came into our bed when Dan got up and went to work, otherwise he slept on his bed in our room.. He would also get up and get in the covers with us on cold winter mornings or jump up for a rumble with Dan on weekend mornings.. Sometimes he would curl up between us and we let him stay there more and more as he got older.

When I moved away in 2010, he had his own bed but slept on mine with me every night

When I came back he stayed on my bed right up to when he passed away..

Ziggy came into my life and had his own crate but we had fosters and they were in a crate.

As zig and I bonded, he moved to the end of my bed and our fosters all ended up on the bed in the morning and of an evening for cuddles before going into their crates.

Now it is just zig and me, he has taken over...

I only have two small dogs, a 7kg pug and a 11kg pug, but both of them end up on my pillow and I wake up with a sore neck because I've been pushed off the pillow and I'm laying on an awkward angle flat on the mattress :rofl:

People in the dog park are often horrified when they hear my dogs sleep on my pillow, but my pillowcase is changed daily and my pillow is changed often.

My Pomeranian is a total bed hog!

I have a queen sized bed and I usually wake up to me on the very edge of the bed and he is happily sprawled out in the middle :laugh:

He only weighs 2.5kg so all up with him and I it's about 60kgs.. We would need a king sized bed if I got another Pom! They're hogs of the largest variety! Wouldn't have it any other way though!

I have a queen sized bed and I usually wake up to me on the very edge of the bed and he is happily sprawled out in the middle :laugh:

He only weighs 2.5kg so all up with him and I it's about 60kgs.. We would need a king sized bed if I got another Pom! They're hogs of the largest variety! Wouldn't have it any other way though!

Dunno minimiss if Poms are hogs of the largest variety...wanna borrow the greyhounds for a couple of nights :D

Guest donatella

Oh really I must have it good then. The pup sleeps on the bed but over the other side or at the bottom, rarely near me or touching. Lucy by her own choice sleeps under the bed, sometimes jumps up early morning.

I have a king sized bed and all the dogs(7... 3 Tibetan Terriers and 4 girls from a non planned Tibetan Terrier/Chinese Crested Powder Puff mating) and about 85 kg worth) sleep on the bed with me, the only trouble is they like to sleep near me, so I have Tara and I sharing my pillow, the others like to get near my feet and outline of my body. I sleep near the edge of the bed so I don't get pinned in, but not unusual for me to wake up with my leg hanging out of bed. The good thing about my dogs is that they don't have doggy odours nor do they shed. This pic was taken in winter with all the doggies having a snooze during the day. The bed was made by the doggies.

2-4 adult Australian Shepherds, 0-2 young adult Domestic Longhair Cats and two adult humans on a king sized bed. Then add the 5month old crates puppy next to my side of the bed who will be joining us on the bed once she's better house trained.

Dunno minimiss if Poms are hogs of the largest variety...wanna borrow the greyhounds for a couple of nights :D

Yes please :) I think greyhound hog snuggles would be great :D