Off To The Vet?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take him to a Chiro please!

Years ago I had a bitch go down unable to walk. We did the vet route, xrays showed nothing that would make her unable to walk. She was in HUGE amounts of pain, the vet sent us home with pain meds. We then took her to see Peter Schofield. It took 6 weeks of visiting 1-2 times a week, but he got her back on her feet, out of pain, and walking freely again. The very first visit had her back on her feet. He saved her life, I have no doubt! She went on to live another 6 years (she was also 6 at the time of her injury).

Do you have a higher resolution copy of the radiographs? Is that the only view of the limb that was taken?

It's difficult to assess the radiograph at the size that it is posted and it a survey radiograph rather than a joint focused study. Without being able to zoom in the on the joints and maintain clarity it is hard to comment. There may be some evidence of calcification of the biciptical tendon (shoulder) but again it's difficult to make any comment and it's significance is questionable.

Neil Barnsley

Animal Holistic Therapies

Greendale, NSW

(02) 4774 8491

Go and see someone like Neil Barnsley anyway, at least you then know that he's in alignment and Neil will be able to point out any spots that are giving him trouble.

^^^^^ This Neil has give my boy his life back and i really couldnt recomend him enough!!!!! i drive 2 hrs each way (and know people who drive further) to see him and it is worth every cent even when they look fine and seem fine there can still be ajustment needed

As right as rain. Even pulling me on the walk this morning and raring to go again tonight. If he is arthritic he sure isn't showing it. Its like it hasn't happened. And no limping since Friday.

Thanks for asking. :)

Great news, what a relief!

I dont know how to read xrays but it's interesting that the stopper bone isn't within the stopper pad. I assume it's normal.

geeze I'd be looking at and misinterpreting everything, I suspect. Can you see the straight line through one of the lower limb bones, that looks like a break to me, once again, I assume it's normal.

I hope Rappie comes in to look for you.

What you're seeing there (if it what I think you are describing) is called a nutrient foramen. It's a normal structure allowing for blood supply to the bone. It's possible to sometimes see dark lines where other structures overlap and that is just our brain messing with and trying to make the image make sense (it seems darker than it really is).

As right as rain. Even pulling me on the walk this morning and raring to go again tonight. If he is arthritic he sure isn't showing it. Its like it hasn't happened. And no limping since Friday.

He is on anti-inflamms/painkillers, isn't he ? IMO, having much less pain would be making him feel much more comfortable . so maybe taking it slow, so as not to possibly cause damage ..just cos he may not be feeling pain, doesn't mean there's no problem ...

HOPING it was a temporary thing ..bu thinking there may still be something niggling .

:) glad he is feeling better , anyway !!!

Edited by persephone