Really Really Oldie Needs A Home Urgently

Guest Ams

Surrendered at 15yrs old with three 12 week old puppies. Fifteen is ANCIENT for a shar pei. Their use by date is 6 - 10 years.

You will need to be patient and understanding because Mumma Doxy can't see much. It certainly doesn't stop her getting around though and secure, very secure fencing is important. She can go over and under and through most fencing. She becomes very attached very quickly to anyone who shows her some kindness. Quite dependant on her human she will be by your side, well, all the time.

She is strong and does not walk well on a lead but thoroughly enjoys getting out and about for a sniff. So you will have to have strong shoulders and more patience.

She isn't suitable with cats. She is just too interested and really annoys them getting up too close and personal to try and figure out who they are. She needs to be your one and only dog because she gets very confused when there is too much going on around her and has become aggressive when she inadvertently bumps into another dog and it growls at her.

Mumma Dox is now desexed and has had necessary vet work taken care of. There are no intentions of prolonging her life medically. At present she is well and active but has obvious indications of age related conditions setting in. Obviously forever won't be long time.

Are you home most of the time and would love to have a constant companion? This is an urgent situation and we would love to find an alternative for this wonderful old girl. Please contact me if you have or know of a suitable home for her.

Edited by Ams

I can't stress enough how urgent it is to find Doxy Roxy a new home. She is targeting one of my own bitches and they have had several blooming good fights. Doxy is not comfortable here at Peiradise and she needs out NOW. Please if anyone can even offer her a temporary home for a month or so that would be so much better for her. I don't want to bounce her from place to place but she really can't stay here. It is not safe for her and it is not safe for my own dog.

I can't stress enough how urgent it is to find Doxy Roxy a new home. She is targeting one of my own bitches and they have had several blooming good fights. Doxy is not comfortable here at Peiradise and she needs out NOW. Please if anyone can even offer her a temporary home for a month or so that would be so much better for her. I don't want to bounce her from place to place but she really can't stay here. It is not safe for her and it is not safe for my own dog.

What avenues are you pursuing, Ams? Unfortunately in a situation like Doxy Roxy's, there aren't too many DOLers who don't have a dog. Do you have a weekly spot in the local weekly, or any of the community newspapers that service your area?

Flyers at Lions Club, Rotary, Bingo Halls, Toast Masters/Mistresses, etc etc.