Husband Walking The Dogs

Maxiewolf

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The age of the person is irrelevant. I've met rude pre-schoolers and rude elderly people. I have also probably been a bit "short" at times too. Some may even call it rude. Assumptions do this to people! Really some people will break their necks jumping to conclusions though. Egg on that "older persons" face I guess.

I remember a similar situation with an older neighbour I had when I was in my 20's. I had a horse on adgistment and decided it would be fun to ride him to our house, untack him, put him in the side of the house where I made a kind of yard..and ride him along the Mullum Mullum Creek that backed onto our house(which is now Eastlink).

Our old neighbour took one look at the horse from his balcony and had conniptions (he already hated my dogs and stood looking into our yard regularly and made them bark and then complained about their barking...I fixed this by taking off my bikini top when sunbaking :laugh: ) anyway I digress...he told me I had four days...FOUR DAYS to find a proper paddock for the horse or he would call the Local Council and report me for keeping a horse in my backyard! I said that was very nice of him to give me four days but I think I will just take him back to his paddock later that day if he didn't mind. :rasberry: Some people.

I tend to write people like that off as having mental health problems - the aggressive antisocial kind of problems. It might not be PC, but it makes it easier for me to remind myself that everyone has their own problems and not to mess with crazy people. I might have shown her a poop bag by way of offering reassurance.

My mum has a crazy anti dog poop lady who haunts the lane by her house. I got confronted by "crazy lady" one time with the dog, while the lady was picking up other people's poop - when she started ranting at me - I asked her if she wanted some more - and offered my bag already full of dog poop. I think she felt better then.

I often want to cheer people who pick up after their dogs - especially men - because so many men seem to have a hard time doing it, ie if I see a male and female together with one or more dogs - almost always it's the woman who picks up. Sometimes the bloke doesn't even help by keeping an eye on the dogs while the woman picks up. ie the other dog craps while she's busy and he doesn't notice. But I don't know how to say "keep up the good work" without seeming like a crazy person myself. But sometimes I do. And for people who pick up their cigarette butts too. One person I met had a special portable ash tray tin for the purpose cos she didn't like the litter any more than I did.

But I do think variations on "road rage" are becoming more common. At worst, people out for a night on the town get killed by very angry crazy people. At best - you get yelled at by a "crazy person". Sometimes it's me. PICK UP AFTER YOUR DOG. But I only yell that at people when I've seen the dog do the crap and I'm sure it's their dog.

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket

Sounds like she had some "issues".. I wouldn't worry about it.

Me either, it's hard to shrug off the people who just want to take out their issues on strangers, but feeling sorry for their sad lives helps a bit

Nothing to add except a piece of info... it's called a brace lead.

Not a coupler.

Keep abusive replies to no more than ten lines please folks.

some people call it a coupler

http://www.k9pro.com.au/products/Leather-two-dog-coupler-leash.html

Guest Labradork
My mum has a crazy anti dog poop lady who haunts the lane by her house. I got confronted by "crazy lady" one time with the dog, while the lady was picking up other people's poop - when she started ranting at me - I asked her if she wanted some more - and offered my bag already full of dog poop. I think she felt better then.

:rofl:

I'm sorry for being so insensitive, Mrs Rusty Bucket, but what you said about the dear old mentally ill lady made my eyes water :)

Edited by Labradork

Not a coupler.

I'm curious - Why can it not be called a coupler?

Not a coupler.

It can be, and usually is. That person is not the epitome of all things language.

Not a coupler.

It can be, and usually is. That person is not the epitome of all things language.

Ok thanks. I thought maybe there was a technical difference between the two types of leads.

Not a coupler.

Ummm...which post has the 10+ lines of abuse? :confused:

Guest Labradork

Oh. *eats words*

I had a squiz online and I can see where the confusion lies. I think it's because brace can mean 'an accessory that connects two or more dogs together.' And also 'a pair of dogs being shown or worked together.'

I don't mean to be pedantic; I'm a bit of a Linguistics freak :)

Edited by Labradork