Someone To Show Puppy

emilyellis

Hi all,

As the title suggests.. I am looking for someone to show my 17wk old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel for me.

I show horses but am very new to dog showing so am wanting someone to show my puppy the ropes then hopefully i can show her later on..

Is there anyone in the Brisbane area that trains/ shows dogs for clients? I am willing to pay for the right person to show my little puppy. :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

P.S i have attached a photo of the little rat bag!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/38754010152152265960112.jpg/

Edited by emilyellis

You are better showing now whilst a baby than deciding to show when the pup hits the competitive classes.

Just because someone else handles it doesn't mean it will then show for you .

Showing as a baby will give you a great bonding time in the ring .

There would be juniors out there that would help more than adults .

Hi all,

As the title suggests.. I am looking for someone to show my 17wk old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel for me.

I show horses but am very new to dog showing so am wanting someone to show my puppy the ropes then hopefully i can show her later on..

what about the breeder of your puppy ?? maybe they can help or suggest someone....

I'm showing my first puppy and I've never done it before! He and I are having lots of fun!! I'm sure it is totally obvious that we have no clue but we're learning and meeting people who help us along the way!

Just get in there and have a go!

I'm currently in the same boat too! No idea what I'm doing but the bonding Lexi and I are getting from it is great we are really enjoying it :thumbsup:

I am so glad I learnt to show my own dogs, I love it now! So worth the effort of learning. I know it can be a bit daunting to start off with, but everyone starts somewhere! Good luck with your little cutie. :)

Cavaliers usually do better in the ring for the people they live with and most wont take to a handler they only see occasionally.

Show her yourself.

There are a few people who could help. If you want someone to do that, please pm me

Edited by Jed

Have some fun and show her yourself. Go along to a few shows and watch others, observe their dress, you will need a number holder. Possibly a crate for you puppy and a nice fine show lead. AFTER the Cavaliers have been shown talk to a few exhibitors. Enter some shows, have a go. You will both learn and benefit from the experience. You may even be lucky like I was and make great friends and find some people who are keen to share their knowledge and experience. :)

I started showing with no one to help me. Went to my first shiw and just followed the crowd LOL. Watched some videos so I knew what you were meant to do (in theory) and just watched from the sideof the ring and copied what everyone else seemed to be doing. It's not hard and honestly showing your own dog is a great experience. As she is a baby she won't be expected to behave perfectly so you can get away more with making rookie mistakes.

Hi all,

Is there anyone in the Brisbane area that trains/ shows dogs for clients? I am willing to pay for the right person to show my little puppy. :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

P.S i have attached a photo of the little rat bag!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/38754010152152265960112.jpg/

If you decide to show her please let me know as I'd be interested in it too (complete newbie) I'm also in Brisbane so we could at least know someone else is new too.

If you decide to show her please let me know as I'd be interested in it too (complete newbie) I'm also in Brisbane so we could at least know someone else is new too.

Llante aren't you getting a pet puppy, one that is a bit undersized? Please speak to the breeder. They might not be happy for you to show your pet. Though it should be on,limited rego which would mean you can't show her.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are in Brisbane, why not head along to the show training classes held at Durack on Thursday nights? they only cost $3 per dog and they are very relaxed and friendly. This way you can learn before you hit the ring, and when you feel confident enter some shows.

Everyone is right, bite the bullet, and show her yourself - I know it sounds scary, but it is better to grow with her as a handler and she grows into a show dog. Baby puppies can make mistakes, and it is a whole lot of fun, plus you'll pick up tips and hints from others at the show ring, to grow into a great handler yourself. Don't be scared, see it as a team building exercise with your very cute puppy and you.

Have sent PM to both newbie puppy owners

Trust me if i can manage this learning curve in 7 months you too can do it, and I have had to learn all the extensive grooming requirments for a poodle :eek:

Starting out as a baby puppy with no pressure on her or me ment we both learnt how to move around the ring and mix with other doggies and owners etc, so by time she moved up to puppy class she was striding out like a pro (can't say I was though :laugh: )

We have had heaps of adventures and done so much learning and met so many wonderful supportive doggie people I feel like I have been showing for years instead of 7 months.

There are classes held at Durack on ?Thursday night for people to learn the various aspects of ring etiquette etc, I am not sure of the details but either someone else on here may or office of Dogs QLD will help out.