Liver Shunt

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jed has had the surgery. They said it went really well and he is now being closely monitored over the next 12 hours.

They will call us soon to let us know how he is going but sounds positive at the moment!

They even asked us half way through if they could castrate him so he doesn't have to go back in for another operation!

So far so good :)

That is fantastic news! :cheer: I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a safe and successful recovery for him, things must have changed since my boys was done he was under post op watch for 72 hours.

ETA Boronia if he's anything like my boy he will be so happy to be feeling better he won't be too worried about the rest :) mine was bouncing around like anything you wouldn't know he'd had major surgery lol

Edited by WoofnHoof

Good on you JednKirrasmummy, for giving Jed a chance at a normal life. I am so glad to hear his surgery went well and wishing him all the best for a speedy recovery. :crossfingers:

I think a 70% chance of a normal life post op, are pretty good odds. :)

I got my sibe girl, Takoda, last year. She arrived on a plane from the NT and it was love at first sight. I was well and truly attached & committed, even before we got her home and out of the car.

If she had of become seriously ill, there was no way I would of returned her to the breeder. From the moment I saw her and held her in my arms, she was mine - and there was no seperating us.

Yes I would of contacted the breeder to let them know what was happening but I wouldn't of returned her. I would of done all I could, just like you're doing for Jed, to give her the best chance.

Hugs to you both. You deserve them. :hug:

I only just saw this thread, but I was worried about turning to this last page. So, so happy that little Jed is alright. What a fantastic outcome! I'm hoping his post-op observation and care goes extremely smoothly for you.

You've been extremely brave, and I am so pleased things turned out so well :)

Just an update.. Not great news unfortunately.

There was a complication , Jed stopped breathing and his heart stopped, they think this was because he vomited and it obstructed his airways. They resuscitated him, and he was breathing on his own again. He is critical at the moment, but stabilising..

Surgeon saying it is about 50/50 at the moment.

I'm terrified, we are in for a rough night.

Edited by Jednkirrasmummy