My Latest Foster "failure"... Harper

tdierikx

Intoducing my latest addition to the family... Harper the Staffy cross pup.

I was fostering the whole litter, and Harper decided that she would attach herself to me as her one and only fave thing on the planet... and the feeling is pretty darned mutual.

Isn't she one of the cutest things you've ever seen?

27-10-2012-nswar-pups329.jpg

27-10-2012-nswar-pups330.jpg

27-10-2012-nswar-pups334.jpg

27-10-2012-nswar-pups340.jpg

27-10-2012-nswar-pups354.jpg

27-10-2012-nswar-pups365.jpg

T.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

she spent her first night here on her own (without any of her littermates) last night and coped beautifully. We had couch cuddles and fell asleep together, then when I decided to crawl off to bed and popped her into her night crate, she only grizzled for about 2 minutes before settling down to sleep. No messes overnight, and she trotted off out to the back yard to do her wees and poos once I let her out of the crate.

We've had one wee accident inside so far, and that was right near the back door - she almost made it all on her own... lol! She has taken herself outside again for a wee and poo since then though. What a smart baby she is... and only 8 weeks old today!

T.

Her eyes are both the same shade of blue... must just be the lighting... it was overcast this morning when I took the last lot of photos.

She is foster failure number 2 - Pickles was foster failure number 1, and was foster pup number 45 (2 years ago!). I think I'm into the triple digits on the numbers of fosters I've had now... *grin*

The other 3 permanent residents think she's just fine and dandy. Zeddy allows her to snuggle up to her if my lap isn't available, Pickles loves bossing her around and stealing her toys but also lets her chew on her tail, and Trouble is trying to teach her how to do zoomies - but poor little Harper can't quite keep up yet... lol!

When I had to send my heart dog Woosie to the Bridge back in 2004, I thought I'd never feel the same way about another dog... that I was supremely blessed to have had a dog that completely entwined herself into my soul and tore my heart to shreds when she had to leave this life before me...

... but I think that Harper may just be another heart dog for me...

She has picked me as her one and only, and the feeling is pretty darned mutual. I don't know what good deed I've done to be worthy of this kind of bond to happen TWICE in my lifetime, but I am truly grateful to be given another heart dog to love and share my life with.

Not that I love any of my other dogs any less, but that "special" bond is just different, you know?

T.