We Lost Sooty

luvsdogs

Sooty came into our lives when my son brought her home from work in November 2000. Being bred by a workmate that wanted to 'get rid' of the litter she was only 5 weeks & 5 days old. What an ugly pup I thought & there goes my chance of getting another Border Collie. Even though I was home with her most of the time, she knew she was my son's dog & what a wonderful bond they shared.

My Border Collie April was 7.5 years old & not real comfortable with most dogs. For the 1st 4 days she totally ignored this strange little creature that followed her around. By day 4 April started to take an interest in Sooty & they became the best of friends & loved nothing more than to play tug with a piece of rag in the back yard.

Sooty didn't stay little for long, you could practically see her grow every few days, for a while there we thought she may have Great Dane in her, something pointed out to us on occasion. On Christmas Day we went to my cousins for dinner & left Sooty in the back room. Seven hours later when we arrived home I gingerly crept into the room to avoid stepping in a puddle. No puddle, what a good girl, & she was toilet trained from that day on at only 10 weeks old.

She had these big ears that she wore pointing outwards. I likened them to the Flying Nun's habit. :laugh:

IMG_0025-1.jpg

Sooty was such a funny dog to live with, having us laughing at her on many occasions. She was very smart too, picked things up so quickly. For a time I took her to my obedience club where she'd do anything for a tennis ball even though she was also food obsessed. We even had some lessons in DWD when it was in it's infancy.

It is with great sadness that we had to say goodbye when she went to the bridge last night. She had been sick for a short while & made it to her 12th birthday on October 16.

RIP beautiful girl you were a pleasure to live with & will be sorely missed by all who loved you. In our hearts forever. :rainbowbridge:

So sorry for your loss Luvsdogs.

What a lovely girl Sooty was with her flying nun ears. Beautiful. She was meant to be part of your family. A lovely, loyal friend for your son.

R.I.P. dear Sooty, run free lovely girl :angel::rainbowbridge:

Edited by BC Crazy

• 2 weeks later...