Skye Terrier In Blacktown Pound

In another topic (the Lakeland one in General) Clover mentioned that there is a Skye terrier at Blacktown pound at the moment.

Is it possible for someone here, who is in touch with Blacktown pound, check on/rescue this dog please.

Just askin' :)

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In another topic (the Lakeland one in General) Clover mentioned that there is a Skye terrier at Blacktown pound at the moment.

Is it possible for someone here, who is in touch with Blacktown pound, check on/rescue this dog please.

Just askin' :)

I have sent the details to the skye breeders (there are only a handful) and I am happy to take any skye or skipperke.

Edited to add he is a male, black grey and 1 to 2 years old.

I have sent this link to the wonderful skye breeders in melbourne.

Edited by lillypilly

Hopefully a breeder will step up for this dog. If it were closer I would be interested in private adoption for myself (or adoption through whoever can get the dog for rescue). I have been looking unsuccessfully for a companion dog for DeeDee my Skye Terrier for quite some time now. I have come to the conclusion that I have had the wrong ideal for myself, looking for a fluffy dog in all the wrong places! Now I have concluded that the reason I have had no luck is that what I am really looking for is another DeeDee. Seeing as adult Skye's are so hard to find I hadn't really looked at that as an option.

Anyone dealing with this dog Please be aware that Skye Terriers are generally not cuddly chocolate box dogs. Their standard calls for an aloof dog who is suspicious of unfamiliar people. Skye Terriers will bite (& have a punishing bite) if they feel their personal space is being invaded by anyone not familiar enough for their comfort level. If this dog is even a little bit tractable then it is a very good Skye temperament. I doubt an average Skye would do well in a temperament test in a pound environment.

Thank you boronia. I have been at work all day and was hoping someone would be onto the cutie. I am a sucker for a lot of the 'rarer' terriers. Hopefully someone steps up if the dog is not reclaimed and he goes into rescue.

Thank you boronia. I have been at work all day and was hoping someone would be onto the cutie. I am a sucker for a lot of the 'rarer' terriers. Hopefully someone steps up if the dog is not reclaimed and he goes into rescue.

The little bloke (number 1206110) has until 15/11/2012 so we had better keep an eye on him to make sure he goes to a Reputable rescue

I live near BP if anyone needs me to go put my name on him and check him out.

we had a family at soccer who has one, but it would be much older, so not theirs, i hadn't even heard of them when he said what it was.

I emailed tdierikx this morning re offering a small amount to get him into her rescue, she said:- "I have spoken to Lyn, and she will be in contact with Blacktown Pound tomorrow to see if we can put our name on him"

Hopefully tdierikx will update tomorrow

Everything crossed one of the breeders will be able to take him in. Or a rescue savvy with the breed. I love Skye's, but unfortunately am not in a position to take him on.

I emailed tdierikx this morning re offering a small amount to get him into her rescue, she said:- "I have spoken to Lyn, and she will be in contact with Blacktown Pound tomorrow to see if we can put our name on him"

Hopefully tdierikx will update tomorrow

I will amend this post as I have been contacted by several people regarding my donation-offer.

So I will not be donating/offering my small amount to her rescue.

So I sorry to not be able to go ahead...(I have already emailed tdierikx in regards to this decision)

B

Skye breeders are aware and not ignoring this dog.

I'm hoping this actually means 'One of the breeders is hotfooting it to Blacktown to get him' rather than just being aware and not ignoring him.

Rescue should be a last resort and you'd hope he'd go to a rescue that knew something about the breed.

Edited by Sheridan