Skye Terrier In Blacktown Pound

Skye breeders are aware and not ignoring this dog.

I'm hoping this actually means 'One of the breeders is hotfooting it to Blacktown to get him' rather than just being aware and not ignoring him.

Rescue should be a last resort and you'd hope he'd go to a rescue that knew something about the breed.

I don't know Sheridan was just passing on a message cause some posters here were getting a bit antsy. Not everyone can drop evertyhing at a moments notice. Skye breeders are not exactly thick on the ground.

Sorry for trying to reassure people, won't be back in this thread.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I please state that if a breeder or rescue can spring this dog out of the pound I would be very interested in adopting him. I own a desexed bitch Skye Terrier. I haven't had a huge input into the breed but I have finished 2 Skyes to their titles and bred 1 litter. I now just have the 1 retired girl after having lost my 2 others to a snake on the one horrendous day a couple of yrs ago. I wouldn't consider myself a breeder anymore, but if there is a way I can adopt this dog as a companion for myself & my bitch DeeDee I would be thrilled. I am happy to abide by the rules & costs for whatever rescue org/breeder might get him out & pay for a flight to bring him over.

My name is on this dog as rescue back up. He is microchipped so there is a chance he will go home. I will keep everybody posted on the outcome :)

Thank you

It would be wonderful if he goes home :)

Could you please let me know if he needs adoption. I can assure him of a Skye savvy home :heart:

Steve it is interesting to note that in the last 5 years I have rescued 3 skye terriers from the same pound.

All three were poor examples of the breed and traced back to a breeder in near proximity to same pound.

It was interesting to note that same breeder, at the time of one skye being impounded was also advertising skye x maltese pups in the online publication we are not allowed to mention. Breeder is no longer recognised as a registered breeder.

Arcane - If you want an older Skye contact David or Julie at Santlin kennels in Victoria.

Shmoo, if you take this lovely boy, then I will endeavour to catch up with you with further information.

And good for you for putting your name on this one.

Skye Terriers are divine.

xx LP xx

edited for clarity

Edited by lillypilly

geez only 22 of these were bred by registered breeders 11 years ago and only 9 bred in 2011 - how often do they show up in rescue?

Oops sorry I read the wrong line about 70 were bred Australia wide last year but only 20 were bred 11 years ago.

Steve it is interesting to note that in the last 5 years I have rescued 3 skye terriers from the same pound.

All three were poor examples of the breed and traced back to a breeder in near proximity to same pound.

It was interesting to note that same breeder, at the time of one skye being impounded was also advertising skye x maltese pups in the online publication we are not allowed to mention. Breeder is no longer recognised as a registered breeder.

Arcane - If you want an older Skye contact David or Julie at Santlin kennels in Victoria.

Shmoo, if you take this lovely boy, then I will endeavour to catch up with you with further information.

And good for you for putting your name on this one.

Skye Terriers are divine.

xx LP xx

edited for clarity

I thought it would be something like that. Pretty sad.

This young boy has just come to my attention .I have received an email from another Skye person tonight informing me

of this poor boys circumstances so it is safe to say that the Skye people are now aware ,action will be taking place.

geez only 22 of these were bred by registered breeders 11 years ago and only 9 bred in 2011 - how often do they show up in rescue?

Oops sorry I read the wrong line about 70 were bred Australia wide last year but only 20 were bred 11 years ago.

Where did you obtain thise number of 70 Skyes bred last year from?

Where did you obtain thise number of 70 Skyes bred last year from?

I think Steve read the wrong line in the spreadsheet.

70 skyes bred would almost take them off the endangered list. I know a few skye breeders and I can confidently say they are vigilant custodians of their breed. As there are so few breeders would it not be best to approach them an and let them know if and when a skye turns up.

Quite easy to find on DOL. These are great dogs. All rescue I'm sure appreciate when info is passed to them.

Amanda

WHWT Club Rescue QLD