Skye Terrier In Blacktown Pound

My old girl's chip is a bit hit or miss... it's where it should be, but for some reason you have to scan a few times for it to register.

As for the Skye in the pound, the fact that he has been in there 2 weeks already indicates that they did find a chip when he got there - maybe he's chipped on a different register than the one they usually check, and his details have now come to light once the other registers have been checked?

T.

Well unless BP tells us why it has taken so long,we can only speculate. However, I think we can be excused for expecting a pound to have a handle on all the different registries, all the different sorts of chips and all the ways chips can migrate and be diffIcult to find.

Sorry but I disagree with you. I would expect a pound of all places to be expert in handling all the different microchip registries. We have our dogs microchipped on the understanding that if ever they are lost it will ensure them a quick trip home.

:confused::confused: That is exactly what I am saying.

Sorry. My mistake. Doing too many things at once here.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My old girl's chip is a bit hit or miss... it's where it should be, but for some reason you have to scan a few times for it to register.

As for the Skye in the pound, the fact that he has been in there 2 weeks already indicates that they did find a chip when he got there - maybe he's chipped on a different register than the one they usually check, and his details have now come to light once the other registers have been checked?

T.

Well unless BP tells us why it has taken so long,we can only speculate. However, I think we can be excused for expecting a pound to have a handle on all the different registries, all the different sorts of chips and all the ways chips can migrate and be diffIcult to find.

Yep .

Well unless BP tells us why it has taken so long,we can only speculate. However, I think we can be excused for expecting a pound to have a handle on all the different registries, all the different sorts of chips and all the ways chips can migrate and be difficult to find.

Yep .

On the other hand, I used to work at a pound ..... :eek::eek: The stories I could tell. Pretty awful really - that is in terms of the abilities of the staff.

I had a dodgy scanner for a while, didn't realise it was playing up till something similar to Rebannes post occurred. I have also had a dog with a chip that migrated down to basically the armpit of the dog, if the dog was standing with its elbow tight against its chest the scanner couldn't pick it up, it was a fluke after many attempts to locate it that the dog was standing weird with its elbows out and it was picked up by chance.

We all rely on chips and the system working but technology farts and the law of shit happens sometimes win.

I guess so, I hope they come forward quickly I'd hate for him to sit there another 2 weeks. It's odd that finally on day of release they find owner details though.

Not that odd unfortunately donatella. I have collected 6 dogs from BP and 2 out of the 6 have had their microchips found on day of release prior to their new chips going in.

Fantastic that the owners got a chance to reclaim their pets (and they both did :) ) but it's unsettling chips are being missed.

So has this Skye been claimed by his Owners & if so when?

I guess so, I hope they come forward quickly I'd hate for him to sit there another 2 weeks. It's odd that finally on day of release they find owner details though.

Not that odd unfortunately donatella. I have collected 6 dogs from BP and 2 out of the 6 have had their microchips found on day of release prior to their new chips going in.

Fantastic that the owners got a chance to reclaim their pets (and they both did :) ) but it's unsettling chips are being missed.

He is still listed on the pound website so at this stage it appears he has not been claimed by his owners and is still sitting in the pound.

He is still listed on the pound website so at this stage it appears he has not been claimed by his owners and is still sitting in the pound.

I phoned BP this afternoon The owners have not come forward so nothing can be done except wait AGAIN until the 14 days are up.

I also know where there is an 11 yr old purebred Skye Terrier, a female, in desperate need of a home. If anyone is interested, please pm me.

Look who is spending their first night back in a proper home! After a very big day of traveling Sally arrived this evening. She is a wonky old thing with a few lumps & bumps, and a bit of attitude, but whether she lives another 6 weeks, 6 months or 6 years she can hang out here as long as she needs.

It's civil between her & DeeDee at this stage so fingers crossed they can become friends,

The bed is too high for her so we improvised a doubled over quilt on the floor next to it. She seems quite happy with that for now.

Meet Sally.....

post-34343-0-59025600-1353669774_thumb.jpg

post-34343-0-01982400-1353669789_thumb.jpg

I'll be eating beans for a month while I pay off her transport costs, but seeing as no one else seemed to want to help the old battle-axe out. She's worth it!

I'll be eating beans for a month while I pay off her transport costs, but seeing as no one else seemed to want to help the old battle-axe out. She's worth it!

Now all you need is a little boy to balance things out ... don't skyes come in threes?

Now all you need is a little boy to balance things out ... don't skyes come in threes?

Yes, they do come in threes Sheridan..just like Westies do

and Schnauzers :D

Fantastic news for Sally Arcane - how much was the transport?

Edited by schnauzer

and Schnauzers :D

Fantastic news for Sally Arcane - how much was the transport?

I went with JP's because I have used them before with never a drama. Because I needed to have her picked up from the shelter, taken to Sydney airport and flown to Adelaide where I was able to collect her, it was a couple of dollars shy of $400. There was no way now how she was going on road transport, and now that I have met her, I'm sure she would not have survived 2-3 days in a dog trailer without some sort of physical consequence.