Skye Terrier In Blacktown Pound

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest crickets

After a month of incarceration and with the help of some very special & dedicated people.........He's here & he's awesome! Thank you so very much to those who helped him out. xx

After a month of incarceration and with the help of some very special & dedicated people.........He's here & he's awesome! Thank you so very much to those who helped him out. xx

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

hope you have your camera charged up for some photies today.

So glad you got him Crickets :)

Guest crickets

Bobby has settled in like a champion. He is a clean quiet house dog who loves the couch & the bed and has mastered the doggy door. He & DeeDee like each other.

He & DeeDee came to the salon with me today and he was excellent in yet another new environment. He was very good for bath/blow dry/grooming. He came to me with a rather hideous pound trim which I attempted to neaten up today. It will grow! He bought a few little friends with him so we sorted them out but he is still a bit rashy/itchy. He's also a little thin but nothing a bit of good tucker won't fix in a few weeks.

So far I can't fault him at all!

I will update on Sally soon. It has been a tumultuous couple of weeks and the news isn't so good for Sally.

post-34343-0-35522100-1354872561_thumb.jpg

post-34343-0-84431100-1354872600_thumb.jpg

post-34343-0-80096700-1354872582_thumb.jpg

waiting for dindins

post-34343-0-62591500-1354872637_thumb.jpg

snuggles with DeeDee

post-34343-0-00712800-1354872711_thumb.jpg

Guest crickets

Sally has been reunited with her owner. I gave her as much love as she would allow me to, a few gentle strolls by the river, loads of yummy dindins & treats and a soft place to rest her weary bones...... but she really wasn't enjoying life and was resisting any attempt to make it better. I have no regret in being the one that Sally spent her last days with and am glad that I was able to step in and make a decision for her that no one else seemed willing to make. I am not going to hash over what was or what might have been. RIP Sally you were very special. :angel:

Fate stepped in and gave back. Bobby the boy from Blacktown Pound is a complete joy & delight. He is all but perfect :love:

post-34343-0-56975900-1354943416_thumb.jpg

post-34343-0-19975100-1354943450_thumb.jpg

post-34343-0-93585600-1354943499_thumb.jpg

Squeak Bobby

So sad to hear about Sally and to think she had to endure 6 months in a kennel situation presumably without any vet assessment or anyone noticing she wasn't well. I'm sorry that she had to go through all of that to get to someone who would do the right thing and sorry that you had to go through all that expense and heartbreak.

Bobby will help mend your heart, what a dear little man!

I am sorry you had to make that hard choice in regards to Sally, you must have gone through hell deciding what was best for her and made the decision based on her having very little quality of life.

Try not to beat yourself up about it, you were the one who had to see her each day and if she was not happy within herself you have made that wise and caring option.

RIP Sally, :rainbowbridge: you are in a good place now.

Guest donatella

Just a question, do pounds normally allow dogs that are so riddled with illness to be adopted out?

I don't know much about the pound system but shame on them if they allowed an elderly ill dog to go through that in the same token I thought they were good at euthing the sick old ones pretty quick?

Please dont take offence I am genuinely curious.