Skye Terrier In Blacktown Pound

Yes I read the line wrong originally but around 70 were bred and registered Australia wide last year . The figures are on the ANKC website.

According to my reading of the ANKC document as it appears on their website the numbers for Skyes born in 2011 were a grand total of 8 ,2010 saw 21 Skyes born, 2003 (12), 2005 -(5), 2001-(1), 2002 (14). etc 2010 -(21)

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I read the line wrong originally but around 70 were bred and registered Australia wide last year . The figures are on the ANKC website.

According to my reading of the ANKC document as it appears on their website the numbers for Skyes born in 2011 were a grand total of 8 ,2010 saw 21 Skyes born, 2003 (12), 2005 -(5), 2001-(1), 2002 (14). etc 2010 -(21)

Yep you're right clearly I cant read across the lines - and I dont even drink! Ill shut up now.

Those figures are only for those that were registered with the ANKC, yes?

There is at least one "breeder" who is crossing them with other breeds... who knows how many they may be producing that just aren't registered with the ANKC...

T.

There is at least one "breeder" who is crossing them with other breeds... who knows how many they may be producing that just aren't registered with the ANKC...

T.

Obviously.

Edited by Steve

T.

And if this person used to be ANKC, the skye breeders will know who he/she is and what is being produced.

If this is the case. Particularly if the breeder in question is registered it would be in the best interest of this rear breed for this individual to be reported to the appropriate canine council in their state. This contravenes canine control rules and ethics.

Amanda

Westie Rescue QLD

If this is the case. Particularly if the breeder in question is registered it would be in the best interest of this rear breed for this individual to be reported to the appropriate canine council in their state. This contravenes canine control rules and ethics.

Amanda

Westie Rescue QLD

How so?

have a read of rules of any canine council and I think you will find it is against rules to cross unless you have permission to do so. I'm sure you would not agree to cross a wheaten willingly. Like all rare breeds they need responsible custodians.

Amanda

have a read of rules of any canine council and I think you will find it is against rules to cross unless you have permission to do so. I'm sure you would not agree to cross a wheaten willingly. Like all rare breeds they need responsible custodians.

Amanda

oh sorry I thought you were talking about the dog being in the pound, not the reg breeders cross breeding. That's idiotic.

Amanda

I thought you meant the dog being in the pound.

And while I completely agree with you, I think there was a suggestion that this is an ex-registered breeder.

I am a registered breeder .Skyes have been a part of my life for 18 years,my partner has had Skyes for 35 years.

When I say I am a registered breeder I have bred one litter in that time 5 years ago ,I may breed another litter in the next year or two.

If this is a n ex registered breeder and people have the knowledge that this is happening I find this ( the act of this person abominable....also if there is someone that openly knows of this activity then I can safely say that ANY of the 11 registered breeders on dogsonline would love to know.....after all we all have the same end interests at heart.

This type of behaviour is not accepted by Skye people.We are only custodians of this truly amazing breed, We really do keep track of dogs as best we can ,having so few bred each year it is quite easy to keep track of, We have a wonderful Worldwide Skye terrier data base monitored from every country operateed from Finland. Being the rarer breed that they are they do not ,nor should not fly under the radar ,If any persons knows of any skye in any shelter pound institution etc please contact any Skye breeder,also a National rescue number will be added to dogsonline page with in the next coming days.Also if any person or persons knows of crossbreeding and neglect of any Skye.

Could the person that knows of this please elaborate on this statement, How long has this been going on ?

What area?

If this is an ex breeder this will not take long to attend to, as we, like our dogs are a very small gene pool and are quite easily identifiable.

I have been in contact with Blacktown pound,I will be speaking to them again tomorrow.

I am a registered breeder .Skyes have been a part of my life for 18 years,my partner has had Skyes for 35 years.

When I say I am a registered breeder I have bred one litter in that time 5 years ago ,I may breed another litter in the next year or two.

If this is a n ex registered breeder and people have the knowledge that this is happening I find this ( the act of this person abominable....also if there is someone that openly knows of this activity then I can safely say that ANY of the 11 registered breeders on dogsonline would love to know.....after all we all have the same end interests at heart.

This type of behaviour is not accepted by Skye people.We are only custodians of this truly amazing breed, We really do keep track of dogs as best we can ,having so few bred each year it is quite easy to keep track of, We have a wonderful Worldwide Skye terrier data base monitored from every country operateed from Finland. Being the rarer breed that they are they do not ,nor should not fly under the radar ,If any persons knows of any skye in any shelter pound institution etc please contact any Skye breeder,also a National rescue number will be added to dogsonline page with in the next coming days.Also if any person or persons knows of crossbreeding and neglect of any Skye.

Could the person that knows of this please elaborate on this statement, How long has this been going on ?

What area?

If this is an ex breeder this will not take long to attend to, as we, like our dogs are a very small gene pool and are quite easily identifiable.

I have been in contact with Blacktown pound,I will be speaking to them again tomorrow.

Thanks LillyPilly for the chat on this topic

What area?

Sounds great, glemhaith. Great to know that the skye breeders are onto it.

Thanks for getting in touch with me today glemhaith. I ended up going to the pound this afternoon just to meet this boy and he is so adorable! I sat on the ground with him and he sat with me, leaning on me getting pats. I have attached a quick photo I took with my phone. He is somewhat matted but won't require shaving. The pound staff scissored around his face already. He is desexed and wearing a collar with "National Pet Register" tag attached. Judging by his teeth he does appear around 1 - 2 years old as per his impound details.

2012-11-07_16-34-14_73.jpg

Edited by shmoo

How adorable is that face! Poor baby, he looks so miserable.

He was actually really playful when he came out of the kennel, but he quickly quietened down and had this sad face. He wasn't interested in me through the wire of his pen and only got up and said hello after joining in on a barking choir.