Skye Terrier In Blacktown Pound

Is his name Dougal?

That's one breed I didn't meet in Scotland - there are bazillions of Westies and I met multiple Borders and Scotties but I didn't meet a single Skye :confused::(

He's very cute. Well done Skye breeders and wonderful schmoo :thumbsup:

Edited by Katdogs

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is his name Dougal?

That's one breed I didn't meet in Scotland - there are bazillions of Westies and I met multiple Borders and Scotties but I didn't meet a single Skye :confused::(

just a little O/T regarding Dougal (if any DOLers don't know)--->

Is his name Dougal?

just a little O/T regarding Dougal (if any DOLers don't know)--->

Ahhh Boronia - are we from the same place and the same vintage I wonder? :)

The staff did know know his name :(

An EOI will be going through for him from a Skye breeder I've been in close contact with. Either way, whether under adoption through the breeder or through our rescue group he will come to me and his rehoming will be done between myself and Skye breeders :)

:)

How adorable is that face! Poor baby, he looks so miserable.

He was actually really playful when he came out of the kennel, but he quickly quietened down and had this sad face. He wasn't interested in me through the wire of his pen and only got up and said hello after joining in on a barking choir.

http://www.dolforums.com.au/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

http://www.dolforums.com.au/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Aw look at the gorgeous little dude. I'm so happy some breed and terrier savvy people are onto it, and that he won't go to just any old random rescue.

Any idea how the little guy is doing?

I have been wondering too. i can't stop thinking about the little guy. I keep imagining him sitting on the couch with DeeDee and playing on the lawn with us.

1352611621[/url]' post='6017179']
1352605727[/url]' post='6017101']

I have been wondering too. i can't stop thinking about the little guy. I keep imagining him sitting on the couch with DeeDee and playing on the lawn with us.

Sounds like a match made in heaven, Arcane. Don't let interstate adoption put you off. Both my dogs came from interstate, albeit not rescues.

1352611621[/url]' post='6017179']
1352605727[/url]' post='6017101']

Sounds like a match made in heaven, Arcane. Don't let interstate adoption put you off. Both my dogs came from interstate, albeit not rescues.

Oh I won't! I'm going to make some calls tomorrow to try & convince people that he is meant to be for us.

I don't want to come across too desperate or pushy ........but I have everything crossed here.

I really hope you get him Arcane!

I don't know much about the breed but I find them (as well as the other rare terrier breeds) such interesting little dogs! Sad to see one in rescue...

Going slightly off topic here, but the original children's program was created in France in the 60s (le manège enchanté) and the creator drew his inspiration for Pollux (Dougal in the English version) from his own dog, a Lhasa Apso.

ok well I had a long post typed out but lets just say after I got a call from the pound this morning it's not likely I will have any chance :(