Something Very, Very Weird

yellowgirl

The dogs howling is what happens in my neighbourhood when there are police sirens. So wondering if the police had sirens going in your area at the time (maybe ring and ask them).

The noise does sound like a male human. But why they'd do that or how they got in, or how they knew what the device is or that it was recording or why they didn't take it - I don't know.

It is possible for a possum to make a noise like that - but I can't imagine one coming down the chimney to talk to the dogs when they're barking like that.

Any blokes got keys to your house, YG? Did you change the locks when you moved in?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:eek: I have been watching this topic all day and I stupidly just now played the recording........Not a good idea when you are home alone.

I would move house........that would totally freak me out.

Now I just hope I can sleep tonight.

Do you have a dog door? People came into my house via my small dog door- olive said it was common.

ETA: I haven't actually listened to it. I'd assume that what danios said was correct.

Edited by megan_

Ive had another listen, serveral actually, I can definatley hear what sounds like a females voice at the start but it sounds like a helium voice like really high pitched.

If it was someone growling, its weird because it finishes so abruptly and then quiet.

I have two video capture devices set up and while I am away from home they go on, my guys just sleep, somedays I don't even check in but if I am working longer I check in to see if they are restless and if so (never happened yet) I would come home and let them out for a toilet stop. I only work about 3 mins drive from home and only work 5 hour shifts.

I've had many a people say what would you do if you were watching them (I can watch in real time through an app on my phone) and someone walked past the camera!? I have also discovered my lot howl at the telephone if it rings while I'm not there, they don't do this at all if I am at home. I wonder if they think if they howl loud enough I will come home to answer the phone! :laugh:

I just read Aussies last post about the crying and howling, would they normally howl at a person? Mine would never howl at a person only at a noise like the telephone? But it still comes back to what is making the noise?

could one of the dogs have had a seizure or mild stroke or such that made all the others go a bit weird. The 'strange' noise seems very familiar to me. I would describe it as if one of the dogs was very close to the recorder while doing a long deep lips peeled back teeth clenched sort of 'back the heck away' kind of growling at another dog.

Sorry, I overlooked your post Arcane. The only seizure dog I have here at the moment is Raffi and he's on medication. When he was having the seizures previously he would scream rather than growl, it's definitely not him and none of the other dogs have sounded like that, ever.

I can hear the voice, but only with noise cancelling ear phones - could that be the TV though? (I hope so) It's very creepy.

The tv was on coogie but the only specific words I heard at that particular time was 'Is there anything scary in there?' I couldn't make out any other words from the tv, just general 'tv in another room' noise.

I heard the woman at the beginning and I'm pretty sure it's coming from the TV and not from outside. :)

I honestly can't be 100% sure on that one Snook. I wouldn't say it was definitely a woman's voice and not the tv, then again I wouldn't say it was definitely the tv.

I could hear a womans voice when the dogs where barking.It sounded like they said be quiet.The sound gets louder like someone leaning in closer to the recorder as they made the sound.I watched a documentary once where they were listening to tapes of what was claimed to be a strange animal. The experts claimed the voice was human as they said animals don't make the AAHH sound only humans.Could be people got into your house.Has anything gone missing.?A camera may be a good option or change your locks.

Oooh, I didn't hear the 'be quiet' one Purdie. I had another good listen but didn't catch it. What I did catch was a man whispering!!! :eek: I can't make out what he says, its about 5 or 6 syllables, it's just after the growl. I am SO creeped out!

Hope you get it sorted Jo - I'm too chicken to even listen to it. :o

Great help you are Katie ..lol.

That is FREAKY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say I thought it sounded like a man 'growling' at the dogs, like to try and get them to shut up.

And you'd be right melzawelza ...

Is it very weird, whatever it is. I was expecting something more...subtle. :eek:

Imagine *my* surprise Aphelion when I was mucking around on the computer with the tape playing just quietly in the background!

Edited by yellowgirl

I heard voices ..faintly, and presumed it was TV/radio.

I would think, if there was a person ..the dogs would have made more 'scuffling' noises..and the odd whinge or something after 'THE noise' ?

It didn't sound human to me.

These dogs are mostly quite timid Pers, and would be easily intimidated or frightened by a person, particularly a man. They would scuttle off to somewhere safe and hide. It sounded unhuman to me too at the time, but then I don't think that arseh0les are proper humans anyway are they? ('scuse language, I'm a little bit frazzled at the moment)

Actually... it sounds a bit like some freaky Halloween toy noise...

T.

Nope... it was an arseh0le

The dogs howling is what happens in my neighbourhood when there are police sirens. So wondering if the police had sirens going in your area at the time (maybe ring and ask them).

The noise does sound like a male human. But why they'd do that or how they got in, or how they knew what the device is or that it was recording or why they didn't take it - I don't know.

It is possible for a possum to make a noise like that - but I can't imagine one coming down the chimney to talk to the dogs when they're barking like that.

Any blokes got keys to your house, YG? Did you change the locks when you moved in?

He wasn't in the house Mrs RB (Im pretty sure anyway). I just did a recording of myself growling like a twit with my head through the doggy door and the dictaphone in the same place. It sounds like it's VERY close to the dictaphone.

Erm - we had RAAF Jets flying over last week too. Maybe could have been that. They were REALLY LOUD.

Far more likely to have been a Tasmanian Devil than a jet I think Mrs RB.

Okay, just listened. Change your locks. It sounded like someone broke in and made that sound to scare the dogs quiet. Do you leave keys around? The people who broke into my house took the backdoor keys and tried to come back for the laptop (which was in my bedroom when they first came in, which is where the dogs would have run to so they left it and tried to come back). They didn't get in but came 2 days later. I had left thelaptop in the dining room this time in case they came back - k just wanted them to take it and leave the dogs alone.

Do you have a dog door? People came into my house via my small dog door- olive said it was common.

ETA: I haven't actually listened to it. I'd assume that what danios said was correct.

Yep I was really surprised to discover a huge (relatively) Airedale terrier manages to wiggle through my Westie size doggie door. It wouldn't surprise me to find a small human can get through as well. Is making me re-think things here too. :(

It sounds human to me. Someone on drugs, maybe?

After that big bark, right before the noise, what could be the TV voices sound a bit louder but get drowned out by the freaky noise.

Edited by Aidan2

Yep I was really surprised to discover a huge (relatively) Airedale terrier manages to wiggle through my Westie size doggie door. It wouldn't surprise me to find a small human can get through as well. Is making me re-think things here too. :(

I was told that if someone skilled, not overweight, and flexible can get their head through an opening, they can probably get the rest of them through too. I was told this after discovering that the bars on our windows at work were basically useless.

The growling sound at the last bit almost seems to stop abruptly, then silence, wouldn't at least one of the dogs still made a bit of a carry on if it was a person?? Just trying to think of it if it was my lot. A they wouldn't howl they would bark and no way would they go quiet at a noise like that, it would set them off more.

Edited to add after listening to the first bit again, the voice could be coming from the tv?

Edited by tlc