Something Very, Very Weird

yellowgirl

Sounds like a person - set up a camera to monitor and if you can lock the dog door and put a lock on the manhole cover. Are the dogs in the background other neighbouring dogs? They all seem to be going on much more than usual for barking dogs (even dogs that are barking a fair bit stop every now and again they dont go in a constant stream like that unless thre is a reason).

The dogs are all from here rubiton, there are 10 small dogs all together, 3 are mine and 7 are rescues in care. We've established that it was a man, and all the dogs were understandably freaked out.

I don't like this. :(

Man, you're braver than I yellowgirl, I'd be outta there!!

The dogs are all okay and that's the main thing at the moment moosepup. I may have a meltdown tomorrow though ...

is it possible it was a neighbour and specifically directed towards the dogs? either with good or bad intentions?

I highly doubt it RubyBlue. I live in a pretty average area and if there was some loser walking around the streets looking for a place to get into, they would have seen my driveway gates open and only a 5 ft fence to scale. That fence had a lock on the gate but if someone wanted to get over it I guess they could. I'm actually wondering about a part of the fence that's behind the shed as a possible access point now. I'll have a closer look at that tomorrow.

I noticed in an earlier post you said you only had a thing to plug into your pc for Internet, so I'm assuming you don't have a wifi connection in your house? My cameras work off wifi, not sure how else you would get cameras to work if you wanted to view them away from the home. Unless you set up a camera that just records the same way as the dictaphone?

tlc I'm in dog rescue and I use a dictaphone for goodness sake! :rofl: You think I'd have wifi? :laugh:

I haven't listened to it (and won't be listening to it tonight that's for sure!), but if it is people then I actually think you are very lucky to have heard it because now you can take precautions by changing locks etc. Who knows what could have happened if you hadn't!!

Exactly Kayla1, it's all extremely creepy and unsettling but at least I know that someone was here.

Great. I was just falling asleep before listening to that. I live alone and I'm not easily spooked, but I'm not game to re-listen to that and I'm now wide awake.

Sorry about that Blackdogs. I don't particularly want to hear it again either.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Labradork

You MUST get a camera from somewhere, YG. For your own safety...and I'm dying to know what made that creepy noise :laugh: Maybe a DOLer can lend you one?

I listened to this with headphones on and I jumped like you wouldn't believe. Very very freaky indeed!! I think its human... which is unfortunately a very scary thought. My heart is racing fast after listening to that. :eek:

I am jumping at every noise tonight after listening to it, and with the wind there is a lot of noise! I want to listen again and see if I can hear the whispering but I'm not game. I will tomorrow! Please don't take it down!

Thank god the little ones are ok, they must have been terrified. :( Hopefully it was just a dumbarse fooling around and will be the only incident.

Edited by Sayly

Sorry, I keep missing posts ...

Truly scared dogs often shut up. If I'm at home Lucy would y into a rage, but if I'm not at home fergus' dog walker says Lucy hides....

We really don't know how our dogs will actually react until something happens in real life. What I found interesting is that the dog that keeps barking even though the man is doing that growling thing and scaring all the other dogs, little 4kg special-needs Daisy stands her ground and keeps barking at him. God love her.

clown?

Very creepy clown

clown?

Don't be ridiculous, it's clearly manbearpig.

No, we'd previously established that it was a teleporting Tasmanian Devil Rev Jo. That seemed the most logical explanation at the time.

I live alone and I'm not easily spooked, but I'm not game to re-listen to that and I'm now wide awake.

yes- decidedly unsettling .

Hope you're okay Pers. xx

Oh yeah, that's freaky!! My first thought was Paranormal Activity (as in the movies), sorry YG!

I can't hear the details of voices on my phone (well i don't think so, I've listened twice and not sure I want to again...). I live alone and my dog door is large, a not-too-big hooman could fit through. I think I'd almost rather a ghost.

Best of luck sorting it out, and on the positive side, assuming it was people, they didn't hurt the dogs and waited til you were out, so don't seem to want to hurt you.

That's it exactly SG, the dogs are okay.

Glad you're going to the police, they might have been checking the place out by looking through the dog door.

They wouldn't have seen much through the doggy door as it goes onto a passageway. However, if they had got in they would have been sadly disappointed as I don't have anything anyone would be bothered stealing. To me, my old, crusty, special-needs rescue dogs are the most valuable things here.

Human was my first thought too (after I thought of JulesLovesCavs biscuit stealing ghost).

It is a bit possumlike, they are scary sounding animals, but that sounds so clear, like it's in the house. So weird, and very unsettling. I'm glad you've got the dogs there for comfort.

Is anything in the house disturbed at all? What a truly bizarre thing to do if they just stuck their heads through the doggy door and growled. I hope it doesn't upset Daisy too much, last thing she needs is people being deliberately scary. :/

Edited by Wobbly

You MUST get a camera from somewhere, YG. For your own safety...and I'm dying to know what made that creepy noise :laugh: Maybe a DOLer can lend you one?

I'll have a bit of a look on ebay tomorrow Labradork.

I listened to this with headphones on and I jumped like you wouldn't believe. Very very freaky indeed!! I think its human... which is unfortunately a very scary thought. My heart is racing fast after listening to that. :eek:

Come on guys, you really must keep up!! It's a man, a horrible, creepy, arseh0le of a man. There's a woman's voice just before one of the dogs starts barking, then lots of barking as the man obviously approaches the back door. Then he puts his head through the doggy door and does that horrible growl and scares the crap out of the dogs. Then he whispers something. Then nothing. I'm not sure how many pages we're up to now but it's in there somewhere.

I am jumping at every noise tonight after listening to it, and with the wind there is a lot of noise! I want to listen again and see if I can hear the whispering but I'm not game. I will tomorrow! Please don't take it down!

Thank god the little ones are ok, they must have been terrified. :( Hopefully it was just a dumbarse fooling around and will be the only incident.

It will be up for you tomorrow still Sayly, don't listen to it again tonight. I think I can hear it a little bit better directly through the dictaphone. My friend is coming to dog-sit tomorrow while I have to go out and she'll have a bit more of a listen.

I have a router sitting here doing nothing that you can have YG, if that helps. It will turn a cable or adsl line into wifi.

The cameras are very cheap to come by on ebay as I understand. But you need enough upload allowance obviously. Does it use much tlc?

I not sure how much upload it would use as we have a massive amount so no way to tell really but I wouldn't think it would be much, the thing is to use the router YG would need an also connection which she hasn't got. There is no way to hook the cameras I have up to a wireless dongle.

I have a router sitting here doing nothing that you can have YG, if that helps. It will turn a cable or adsl line into wifi.

The cameras are very cheap to come by on ebay as I understand. But you need enough upload allowance obviously. Does it use much tlc?

I not sure how much upload it would use as we have a massive amount so no way to tell really but I wouldn't think it would be much, the thing is to use the router YG would need an also connection which she hasn't got. There is no way to hook the cameras I have up to a wireless dongle.

Understand. :)

Human was my first thought too (after I thought of JulesLovesCavs biscuit stealing ghost).

It is a bit possumlike, they are scary sounding animals, but that sounds so clear, like it's in the house. So weird, and very unsettling. I'm glad you've got the dogs there for comfort.

Is anything in the house disturbed at all? What a truly bizarre thing to do if they just stuck their heads through the doggy door and growled. I hope it doesn't upset Daisy too much, last thing she needs is people being deliberately scary. :/

Dogs here for comfort? Those Fraidycats?? :rofl: . I don't know if you saw the post, but I did my own test with the dictaphone in the same place and yelled through the doggy door, it was very echoey and very loud. When I played the tape back, it sounded like I was yelling right into it.

I think it has effected Daisy :( . I'd put another post up today about her OCD because she seemed to be a bit worse in the last couple of days. I think this could in some way explain her recent behaviours. Also there have been several wees in the house since Friday (the day it happened). I think they'll all been effected to some degree by this.

I don't know enough about it SnT, but it's lovely of you to offer. Perhaps tlc could shed some light on it.

Jo i know Kerri is helping out - but if you need a hand feel free to give me a call - will pm my number in case you don't have it anymore.

Poor Persephone is beside herself with worry and got Kerri to call me. How gorgeous is that? :) Kerri is dog-sitting tomorrow while I take two of the bubs to the vet. I just had a look and I have your number pinned on my noticeboard! Thanks for the offer, that's really nice of you. xx

Hand write a sign, nice and clear in black texta, and put it where it can be read easily if someone looks through the dog door....

"I'm watching you too....the police are on their way and your image has been recorded. Have a wonderful day"

My aunt always used to joke that if someone broke into her house they'd leave a donation.

What can they see from the dog flap - I'd be tempted to set up something really freaky looking right in their line of sight if they stick their head through the door again.

Probably a bit pricy but you can also get a spray that is triggered by a door opening or closing and llumineses (sp?) Under uv light. I believe it stains the skin for several days.

Oh my dog that is freaky. Please take extra care of yourself and dogs and great idea to see if maybe someone could lend you a camera.

Cheers bianca. xx

I wish we could let them know how many people are onto them now via DOL!! Wouldn't it be cool of we could set up something where if they come to the house again they get a chorus of ALL of our dogs barking at them :)

I want first go at the horrible, creepy head poking through the doggy door first though SG.

Understand. :)

All a bit gobbledygook to me girls but thank you anyway. xx

I do have a broadband connection plan thingy tlc, is that what you mean?

Well, there's no expiry on the offer so if you decide in the next few weeks to set something up with another doler's help, I would be happy to pack and send. Have the modem to go with it too. :)

Stay safe YG. Think about accepting offers of company for the next week at least. We are too proud for our own good sometimes. :p