Something Very, Very Weird

yellowgirl

Hmm

I wonder if they do loaners or donations. Because I'm sure if we raised the $200 for a fibreglass Staffy - I'm not sure you wouldn't rather spend the money on the rescues.

You're right Mrs RB, any money that's donated goes to the rescue dogs. I'll bet you ten bucks that someone would nick the Staffy anyway :laugh:

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm

I wonder if they do loaners or donations. Because I'm sure if we raised the $200 for a fibreglass Staffy - I'm not sure you wouldn't rather spend the money on the rescues.

You're right Mrs RB, any money that's donated goes to the rescue dogs. I'll bet you ten bucks that someone would nick the Staffy anyway :laugh:

:laugh: :thumbsup:

Yep - they probably would!

• 3 weeks later...

Hope little Daisy is recovering OK from the ordeal and doing better now YG.

She's still a 'work in progress' Wobbly, some slight improvements over the last few days though which is encouraging. Still getting some wees inside overnight but I'm not sure who's doing it. I've tried a few times to start leaving the dogs on their own but poor Teddy, the senior blind boy who was howling on the tape, just can't cope if someone isn't at home with him and once he realises he's alone he starts crying and howling, which of course sets the other dogs off.

I'm trying not to take in any new rescues at the moment, I say 'trying' because I couldn't say no to a frightened little crestie boy a couple of weeks ago, but that's the only new one I've taken in. The adoptable bubs have either gone to new homes or are in the process of it, and I've been able to find an awesome permanent foster-home for one of our little unadoptable oldies who had a bit of an issue with Daisy and was consequently hampering Daisy's progress a bit. We're getting there and I realise that I need to concentrate on getting the dogs who have been traumatised sorted before taking in any more rescues, which is such a shame. I'm trying very hard to say no to new bubs but it's soooo hard :(