Something Very, Very Weird

yellowgirl

If I'm not able to get a dog-sitter, I'll often use a dictaphone to record the dogs when I'm out to make sure that they're quiet while I'm away. Usually all is good, a little bit of fussing when I first leave but then all quiet. On Friday I had to go out for a couple of hours in the afternoon and I put the dictaphone on and left it in the kitchen. I usually just listen to it in the background when I'm doing stuff on the computer. I listened to it on Saturday night and nearly jumped out of my pants at a particular section. It was about 40 minutes after I'd left, it's all quiet, then something obviously upsets everyone. Then there is a 'noise'. It's not one of my dogs. I don't know what it is.

I've taped it onto a video because the dictaphone uses a cassette tape. Could you guys take a listen please? The video is right before something happens, the first few seconds are quiet before something upsets them, then at about 47 seconds in is the 'noise'. Then it's all quiet after that for the rest of the tape.

Warning: your dogs will probably go mental when you play it ...

UPDATE to save you going through all the posts ... It's definitely a man's voice. There's a woman's voice just before the first dog barks, saying something like 'is there anything scary in there?', then the dogs all go crazy, then the man puts his head through the doggy door and growls at the dogs (that's the horrible growling sound). The man then whispers something that we haven't been able to work out yet. Then apparently they leave. The growl sounds like it's right next to the dictaphone because the hallway is very echoey and goes right onto the kitchen (the dictaphone was right next to the doorway). I tried an experiment yesterday by recording myself yelling through the doggy door, and on the dictaphone it sounds like someone is right next to it. So we now know that at least two people came into my yard on Friday afternoon and got as far as the doggy door. I now have ten traumatised dogs here :(

Thank you to everyone who listened to this over and over, often at ear busting levels and found the woman's voice and the man's whispering. I'm still in a bit of shock over it all...

The incident was reported to the police yesterday so it's at least on record.

Edited by yellowgirl

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHoooooooaaaaaaa!!!! I'm awake now ...........................................................................

You could sell that !

A real spirit voice ............................................. eek1.gifeek1.gif

Where is the dictaphone situated? Could it be a dog groaning/growling VERY close to the mike?

[

Where is the dictaphone situated? Could it be a dog groaning/growling VERY close to the mike?

This........very spooky !!!!!

edited to add that my dogs kept on sleeping...too hot to react !!!

Edited by Trishm

It could be a loud noise from outside (something like a chainsaw or mower)...

I just played it and all Zig did was sit up and tilt his head to the side. He went back to sleep half way through it..

It does sound spooky though.. You tube it for sure..

WHoooooooaaaaaaa!!!! I'm awake now ...........................................................................

You could sell that !

A real spirit voice ............................................. eek1.gifeek1.gif

The dictaphone is up on a kitchen counter Pers. I have littlies, they can't get near it.

oh..my dogs kept on sleeping ... :o

I predict a VIRAL youtube clip coming up !!!!

:laugh:

Could be one of the dogs barking (vocalising) and yawning at the same time? Very weird :eek:

I'm *hoping* that's what it is bedazzled but I've never heard any of them do it like that, and especially not for that long. It was mostly the length of it that gave me chills.

that is so weird!

Could it be some sort of machine that someone is using outside your place, and it's a bit distorted?

I know right?? I have a huge backyard, and all the doors and windows were closed. Not a lot of outside noise comes in.

This........very spooky !!!!!

edited to add that my dogs kept on sleeping...too hot to react !!!

My dogs go absolutely mental when they hear it, but they probably just love the sound of their own voices :laugh: . As mentioned, the dictaphone is up on a counter in the kitchen, the dogs can't get to it.

YIKES! My heart's pounding now and the dogs are all fluffed up and on edge!

I'd really like to know what that was incase I ever have the misfortune of hearing it here.

I'd like to know too Dxenion!! Hope your doggies are okay...

I think its a spirit upset at the dogs carrying on so much :laugh:

Put it in OT, im sure some of the logical ones will be able to debunk it ;-)

It is weird tho !:eek:

I don't think we can cross post Jules. I'd LOVE to have someone debunk any illogical theories (that I'm trying very hard not to have)!!

:eek::scared: my dogs just kept on sleeping :laugh: Oooh but very spooky!

Must be mostly my crazy bunch that reacts to it kiwigirl :laugh: