English / American?

TIM_C28

I agree with espinays sensible advice, we are in the midst of BSL and I only see restrictions getting tightened so to protect yourself and future pet from possible heartbreak seek a puppy that has been registered by a breeder so that you have traceable proof of their lineage :)

Good luck and keep us updated

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What do the pups' ANKC papers say they are?

Easy solution really :D

:rofl:

mm there are plenty of registered blue staffords, just look in the breeders pages I fail to see the humour. A new member has sensibly asked for advice and I congratulate them on that.

OP there are some great stafford breeders here please check them out in the breed pages I am sure they will happily offer advice on their chosen breed

Thanks again for reply's guys. The dog is the father of a pup im lookin at buying advertised as Staffordshire bull terrier. Just was not sure if he looked more american but im no dog expert. Thats why I wanted ur opinion. Thanks.

I would highly suggest you steer clear of any unpapered stafford. They can have a lot of health issues, especially the "blues" due to overbreeding for colour. There are some wonderful reg breeders of both that breed the colour you are wanting, these dogs are all health tested and come with a guarantee and lifetime support usually. Go to "Puppies for sale" at the top and you can see the list of both Amstaffs and SBT breeders and their puppies currently available. I would also suggest you speak to the people in the Amstaff and Stafford threads which are located in the breed specific subforums above "General Dog Discussion"

Goodluck with your searching :)

Good advice. thumbsup1.gif

Particularly important to stay well away from any that you do not have 'proof' what breed they are (i.e. registration papers from a registered breeder) in this time of Breed Specific Legislation.

Having that proof may make the difference between you happily keeping your dog and having to give it up because you can't proove it is not something else (as this thread clearly shows).

Even more important if you are in Victoria.

:rofl:

mm there are plenty of registered blue staffords, just look in the breeders pages I fail to see the humour. A new member has sensibly asked for advice and I congratulate them on that.

OP there are some great stafford breeders here please check them out in the breed pages I am sure they will happily offer advice on their chosen breed

I am another who fails to see the humour in that. confused.gif

Good on you, Tim, for doing a bit of research first. Most of the advice you get on here will be helpful. smile.gif

Staffords aren't exactly rare, I wouldn't be jumping on the first litter that came up if I had to ask if it was even legitimate. There are good breeders here on DOL

Maybe jump into the breed subforums up the top of the main page ^^^^ There's a thread for staffords which is fairly active. Should be able to get some suggestions for a good breeder in there.

Tim please look here

It is the puppy listing for Staffords for sale on DOL, also please do research on the breed (especially if you're after a blue) look into the skin problems associated with that colour. If a breeder is wanting to charge more for any specific colour then run a mile, no colour is worth more than others

If there are questions on breed I'm just going to assume there aren't any...

I would say it is more AmStaffy to me. But I would really steer clear of buying off of a back yard breeder, you really don't know what you are getting.

I've done two puppies at once before. And they weren't staffords. Staffords are FULL ON as pups and even into adulthood lol. I would be concentrating on one puppy for now personally. I did notice that when I raised the two pups together (about 3-4 months difference) they took way longer to bond to me and would learn off each other instead. Seriously, two puppies isn't as fun as you think it is. It's double everything, not just the fun bits :)

Yeh looking for number 2.

It would be best if you waited until your first pup is at least 18 months old before you get another pup, maybe wait twice that long.

When you do get another pup, get the opposite sex to what you have now.

These are words of advice to somebody who doesn't yet know how the first puppy will turn out. If you buy another pup now, you will have a lot more trouble training both of them.

Many experienced dog owners would not buy two pups so close together because it can cause a few problems. Those that do know that they might be in for more than double the work of one puppy and that they may have not as much control over the dogs as they would like to. Young dogs can be a bad influence on each other at times.

The breed you have chosen needs very careful management. Get one right (raise it to adulthood) before you take on a second. :)