Off To The Vet Tomorrow

I know. The vet explained to me that it is not only through eating too much fat. She also said it could be through just having a tummy upset and it just progresses. My first mini now departed had a dreadful bout of pancreatitis a few years ago which I believe was brought about by Prednisol. Schnauzers apparently predisposed to this horrible affliction. Hubby says it's time to change breeds but I won't hear of it.

Once you're schnauzered, you're schnauzered for life :laugh: .

An update on Jasper. He is still at the emergency but his bloods have come back satisfactory. The only problem is he won't eat on his own which for him is very unusual as he usually just hoovers it down. They syringed him and he has kept that down, but I would prefer he stay in until he eats on his own. Hopefully that will be tomorrow.

An update on Jasper. He is still at the emergency but his bloods have come back satisfactory. The only problem is he won't eat on his own which for him is very unusual as he usually just hoovers it down. They syringed him and he has kept that down, but I would prefer he stay in until he eats on his own. Hopefully that will be tomorrow.

We had a dog at the vets once and they wanted her to eat before sending home. Eventually they sent her home anyway and the first thing she did was hoover down the food. They were right! She was just pining for home.

We had a dog at the vets once and they wanted her to eat before sending home. Eventually they sent her home anyway and the first thing she did was hoover down the food. They were right! She was just pining for home.

We decided to give it an extra day and then see if he should come home. You're probably correct in what you say, but I just don't want any complications and prefer to have him at the emergency than home just for now. He is very attached to me and I have not been in to see him because I think the stress on when when I leave him there may upset the applecart.

We decided to give it an extra day and then see if he should come home. You're probably correct in what you say, but I just don't want any complications and prefer to have him at the emergency than home just for now. He is very attached to me and I have not been in to see him because I think the stress on when when I leave him there may upset the applecart.

Oh for sure! Wait and see for a while. If you do try it, just do it in the morning and if eating is a problem, go straight back.

Excellent news.........one of mine had a dose of it back in the mid 90's we narrowed down to marrow bones, for about a month every Sunday night he was crook and would throw up, then he was ok until the last Sunday night he spewed and heaved all night and ended up behind the lounge shaking........got the vet out of bed at 6am on an emergency and luckily he picked it straight away and gave him a shot of pethadine for the pain and put him on a drip. He was good and I never gave him another marrow bone and he never had another attack, used to buy him a nice big bone every Saturday morning, didn't click why Sunday without fail he was crook.

The term "sick as dog" was an understatement, it's the sickest I have seen a dog with stomach upset, quite scary to watch it unfold not knowing what is wrong with them??

My boy is continuing to improve. He ate 4 small serves yesterday and showing signs of wanting to play, not with the usual gusto, but that will come no doubt. None of us including our bank account want to go through this again. The vet hospital did give us the option to take him to our own vet to cut down the costs but hubby and I decided to leave his at the hospital because of the 24 hr. care. Mind you, I could have bought 2 mini schnauzer puppies for Jasper's 3 night stay lol.