tlc

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FM, those photos are great :)

I had the boy child in the yard helping me create some images and the little brat threw me a "full moon" :rofl: It may be tomorrow before I can bring myself to download the images!!

laugh.gif I shall cover my eye's when I check tomorrow and just peep through a small crack laugh.gif

oh I mean small crack between my fingers ..not referring to your photo eek1.giflaugh.gif

:thumbsup:Fantastic Shots All :thumbsup:

persephone - I love Bruce galloping !

I didn't do this challenge last time. Thanks for the info tlc :D

Like CM so want to try/get a panning shot as have never done one before and need practise

on frozen motion too :o

Well, have a month to try ... :laugh:

loving the Frenchie action!

nice one of Justice at the beach, great light :D

the skating-boarding tricks look good! I've thought of going to the skate park near me to practise action shots.

lol Bruce is classic!

~~~~

Saxon at the beach (anywhere he can go off-lead really) makes for fun action :D

8169101526_96a8a6d5de_z.jpg

8169101100_a91b1378eb_z.jpg

8169101312_8d4fac3d35_z.jpg

~~~~

kittikat (or anyone wanting to try out panning) a shutter speed of less than 1/60 really doesn't do so well. I was practising a little with Saxon this evening and I went down to a shutter speed of 1/20 just due to the lack of available light more than anything and his front legs turned into an invisble wheel, almost indecipherable from the background ... I'll post it up when I get it off the camera, the others I have fantastic focus on his body, but all blur on his face, will keep practising, he is just a lunatic for the ball so I'm sure he won't mind, he gets some good air too so will work for stop-action too when I get a chance :D

Snook what's your secret your photos have amazing focus, can see every tooth in the puppy crack photo. I find it a compelling photo, should be scary because if the teeth but the eyes make it so adorable.

Frodos mum I have this image of your garden just being full of leaping frenchies, too cute.

Ping the jacarandas on trampoline are beautiful, very clever idea.

I will post, I have a picture of a turkey in my head.... just trying to convince turkey it's a good idea.

Edited by hankdog

thanks guys!

snook - wow, I'm flattered by your comments, thanks :D I think you're selling yourself short though, those ones of Justice are great! Lotus and Chester are pretty predictable to me, and they've slowed up heaps so that's got have something to do with it. One tip I had for those running towards you shots was to focus on their nose rather than their eyes (which is what I would normally do) or foreheads, makes a difference at those wider-open apertures, if you have the right speed the dog should run his/her eyes into focus if that makes sense?

tlc - red Center has a lot of character :laugh:

frodo'smum - hilarious expression caught :rofl:

kirislin - I'd really like to come, pity it's Saturday, Saxon needs to attend obedience training, we miss out on too many pre-paid days as it is, I was thinking I could make it too, then remembered, look forward to seeing some results here, yours are always impressive :)

~~~~

been trying something a little different at the park for the past few days with Lotus, basically I've been faking her on a long throw with the ball, but throwing it high and short so she would be running more towards the camera as she's going for the ball, instead of the usual shots of her catching while running away or her returning with the ball, of which I have thousands ... one good thing is that it's a lot less frame-intensive but Lotus is over the new game already, has learnt to stop short, I'll have to give her a rest for a day or so ... here's 1 afternoons' worth of effort :D

I like this one best! great catch on Lotus' part too :D

8178210260_6321322eb7_z.jpg

close-up you can see her eyes are on the ball

8178180049_ccd3fd0398_z.jpg

8178180343_8fee883a3b_z.jpg

some Saxon at the park action, sorry, haven't gotten to those 1/20 panning shots yet, this is from a different day/time

8178180667_97b59477e6_z.jpg

yeh, he leaps pretty good for a big puppy, so intense for chasing after the ball, really want a better angle for this though, and he does get higher and crazier just a little unpredictable for me atm.

8178180895_fdecd203f3_z.jpg

an early morning attempt at panning, still can't get his face in focus rather than his body, just have to keep trying

8178211870_4dbd172666_z.jpg

cheers :D