I'm An Expert

SkySoaringMagpie

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an expert at keeping a foster dog entertained while we are away.

And ensuring she is very happy with herself when we return

Hope you counted all the washers/nuts to make sure none were ingested - one determined doggie must have been nice and crunchie :laugh:

Yesterday, at a friend's house, just as everyone was saying how well behaved and well trained my dog is and how they will all ask me for advice on raising and training their next puppy, she jumps up from her sleeping spot, comes over to the coffee table we are sitting around and in one fluid motion manages to snatch some chips off the table and then wag her tail in victory and knocked off and broke one of the glasses on the table :eek:

Lucky there were all dog lovers and thought it was funny :laugh:

But I think they won't be asking me for advice on puppy raising any more :rofl:

Yesterday, at a friend's house, just as everyone was saying how well behaved and well trained my dog is and how they will all ask me for advice on raising and training their next puppy, she jumps up from her sleeping spot, comes over to the coffee table we are sitting around and in one fluid motion manages to snatch some chips off the table and then wag her tail in victory and knocked off and broke one of the glasses on the table :eek:

Lucky there were all dog lovers and thought it was funny :laugh:

But I think they won't be asking me for advice on puppy raising any more :rofl:

:coffeesplurk:

My favourite show snap of Baloo, trained to my usual standards :thumbsup:

I'm guessing that's his "show stack" ??

How did you guess? Yep, lineup for Open dog at a Specialty and Baloo sat and wouldn't move an inch. Poor Mick didn't know what to do with him. :o

My favourite show snap of Baloo, trained to my usual standards :thumbsup:

I'm guessing that's his "show stack" ??

How did you guess? Yep, lineup for Open dog at a Specialty and Baloo sat and wouldn't move an inch. Poor Mick didn't know what to do with him. :o

rofl1.gif

Herbie has gone "dead dog" in a line up for Veterans. Hey, he wanted a nap!!

And ensuring she is very happy with herself when we return

Hope you counted all the washers/nuts to make sure none were ingested - one determined doggie must have been nice and crunchie :laugh:

I let my husband do it - they were his nuts! :laugh:

He wasn't impressed as there were 3 different sizes - but he was the one who left them in there :)

No pics yet, but I'm in the process of teaching Bones, the new pup, the basic commands and the "rules of the house" (no eating our stuff, no weeing in the house, try not to stand directly in peoples line of motion so much etc)

So far, she's got "sit" worked out. It's a great start. Unfortunately, she seems to think "drop" translates to "sprawl out on the ground, preferably on my side or back, taking up as much room as possible", then she gets indignant when I don't give her a treat for doing that! :laugh:

I know so much about dogs and training them that I keep my fruit basket in a bread bin (now the bread has to be kept in the freezer), so my GSP does not free range on my bench tops. I also own the only Basset my vet has ever seen with cruciate ligament damage, which he got from dive bombing off the dining room table, after he was sprung eating dog treats out of my handbag. :o

I know so much about dogs and training them that I keep my fruit basket in a bread bin (now the bread has to be kept in the freezer), so my GSP does not free range on my bench tops. I also own the only Basset my vet has ever seen with cruciate ligament damage, which he got from dive bombing off the dining room table, after he was sprung eating dog treats out of my handbag. :o

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I laughed so hard I'm crying :rofl::rofl:

PS. btw not laughing at the cruciate damage but more the dive bombing mental image :laugh:

As I was scrolling down through the first pic I was thinking "that's got to be the work of a GSD" :laugh:

Yep. She loved those nuts for some reason. OH tidied them all up and unknown to me still kept them in the garage but up high and what he thought was secured and she seeked them out and got into them again. No harm was done, she is fit and healthy and in her new home now.

Edited by Lollipup