Sniffer Dogs Unleashed In Fox Fight

Boronia

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At no stage have I said the foxes should not be killed. Reverend Jo,you state that information can not necessarily be believed because it is on the internet. That means that no one can believe the original post in this thread. I am not spreading false information as you imply. I am posting what I believe and what I have read. It was not me who posted that carbon monoxide causes immense pain (to the foxes), so direct your statements to that poster.

My suggestion would be for people who read these threads to think about what they have read carefully before they have a knee jerk reaction and post.

My first post has challenged a lot of people over their long held beliefs which may or may not be scientifically based.

I'll just point out as gently as possible that DOL has a fair number of people working in science. Reverend Jo is one of them. You tread on shaky ground when you challenge a scientist without evidence and only on emotion and sources found on Wikipedia.

I thought it was the 21st? Dammit that throws my schedule out completely!!!!

Either way, Xmas Day is cancelled this year, PD. :thumbsup:

Back to the OP, what breed of dogs are used for the vermin control?

Which is why I didn't do the DOL SS this year

Action: carbon monoxide cartridges have been relatively recently registered for den fumigation in

Australia. The use of chloropicrin or phosphine should be replaced by carbon monoxide due to its

humaneness and human health and safety advantages, although the relatively high cost of using these

cartridges is a significant drawback.

RSPCA Australia/AWC/VPC joint workshop

Development of a national strategy towards humane vertebrate pest control

Canberra 2003

1352784281[/url]' post='6019758']
Action: carbon monoxide cartridges have been relatively recently registered for den fumigation in

Australia. The use of chloropicrin or phosphine should be replaced by carbon monoxide due to its

humaneness and human health and safety advantages, although the relatively high cost of using these

cartridges is a significant drawback.

RSPCA Australia/AWC/VPC joint workshop

Development of a national strategy towards humane vertebrate pest control

Canberra 2003

Jed, did you just cite the RSPCA?

Absolutely, Sheridan, my new besties!!

After they went on TV to say what an ethical and wonderful breeder I am, (and for free too) what else could I do??

I think I have read everything on the web and in every vet book on CO poisoning!!

After they went on TV to say what an ethical and wonderful breeder I am, (and for free too) what else could I do??

I think I have read everything on the web and in every vet book on CO poisoning!!

That's great Jed. :thumbsup:

But I still hate them.

But I still hate them.

I knew you would. My opinion of NSW Vic, SA, WA hasn't changed much.

But now I have been outed, I have to watch my mouf!! ( have to write anonomyous letters now)

And I'm easily bought, a free ad will do it every time!! :laugh:

But I still hate them.

I knew you would. My opinion of NSW Vic, SA, WA hasn't changed much.

But now I have been outed, I have to watch my mouf!! ( have to write anonomyous letters now)

And I'm easily bought, a free ad will do it every time!! :laugh:

MAntis I have to say I agree with you,

Jed I am very glad they gave you some very positive advertising :) and you both gave me a giggle :)

OhSoswift, Mantis and I used to do a bit of cudgelling in harmony!

But a free ad? I don't know anyone else who got a (free) TV endorsement from the RSPCA

I wonder if he checked in his files and saw the mountain of anti BSL letters I had written him. He had forgotten my phone calls. But - he did change his stance on BSL after a while.

Edited by Jed

I thought it was the 21st? Dammit that throws my schedule out completely!!!!

Either way, Xmas Day is cancelled this year, PD. :thumbsup:

Back to the OP, what breed of dogs are used for the vermin control?

Which is why I didn't do the DOL SS this year

Geez, you would have had your present by the 21st, or even the 22nd, so you would still have been able to enjoy it :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Foxes are a living being just like domestic dogs. They are in this country because humans did not have the knowledge to leave them in the old country. To kill them because they are viewed as vermin by whatever means disgusts me. Carbon monoxide poisoning is cruel.

Description of a weed: a plant in the wrong place.

Description of a fox: an animal in the wrong place.

The damage of both to the environment they move into is catastrophic. Foxes are sneaky vile little critters who get into places where a bullet cannot go, but the carbon monoxide finds them and off to sleep they go. The natural environment needs this to happen.

Souff

Foxes are a living being just like domestic dogs. They are in this country because humans did not have the knowledge to leave them in the old country. To kill them because they are viewed as vermin by whatever means disgusts me. Carbon monoxide poisoning is cruel.

The damage of both to the environment they move into is catastrophic. Foxes are sneaky vile little critters who get into places where a bullet cannot go, but the carbon monoxide finds them and off to sleep they go. The natural environment needs this to happen.

Souff

Yay, Souff's back :thumbsup:

Welcome, I've missed you :wave:

Souff

Yay, Souff's back :thumbsup:

Welcome, I've missed you :wave:

awww, thanks! Am really supposed to be doing something else of course, but was talking to a DOLer the other day ..... :D

Souff

Souff

cant help wondering if the chap who trained those dog shouldnt be contacting the Tassi government asap. Forget where I spotted it but they have confirmed by dna of scats found there that there are at least 17 individual foxes and they are planning massive drops of 1080 the dogs finding the dens would be a far better way surely? surely the last thing they should be risking is 1080'ing the devil's?